Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen DIY

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-10, 04:28 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no not even just a u shape with a bolt.
Old 01-15-10, 10:09 PM
azngui
Driver School Candidate

I believe that tool is called a pitman arm puller.
Old 01-16-10, 07:55 AM
alexly
Driver

The Pitman is necessary to prevent boot damage.

Bushing removall process was a PITA!!!

Just make sure that the install is followed by an alignment. Once installed, the car drove HORRIBLE because the alignment was then way out. Trust me, I now have inner toe camber wear and will need to replace my tire.

POST-INSTALL:
Car drives like a dream and no longer vibrates during braking. I would highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't already done so.
Old 01-16-10, 05:01 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by alexly
The Pitman is necessary to prevent boot damage.

Bushing removall process was a PITA!!!

Just make sure that the install is followed by an alignment. Once installed, the car drove HORRIBLE because the alignment was then way out. Trust me, I now have inner toe camber wear and will need to replace my tire.

POST-INSTALL:
Car drives like a dream and no longer vibrates during braking. I would highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't already done so.
How long did you wait to get a alignment to get excessive camber wear so quickly?
Old 01-16-10, 06:01 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

because the bushings are so stiff, blown out alignment can chew up a tire within weeks depending on how bad it is. but never after a install like this as long as the alignment bolts are marked, and installed the same; the alignment will only be off a degree or two. anyway, yeah.

on another note.. it is really important to get the first alignment done by some one who gives a **** what they are doing or request that the alignment is done with upmost precision. Since every turn of the bolt will reflect in the angles, mechanics are not use to dialing in on-the-dot. I had to get THREE alignments before i felt that my wheels were in proper alignment.
Old 01-19-10, 09:11 PM
no1gsxr
Driver

Who did your alignment and how much did they charge you. I'm close to Tampa but don't know anyplace I can trust.
Old 01-28-10, 01:32 PM
Thomas17
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I need to do on my Lexus GS430, year 2001, also the exchange bushing on front suspension (set of G2-2002 A).

I do not have fear is that after installation kit Daizen arise when driven faster vibrations necessary for management or cell body ???

Any unpleasant sounds, creaking ???

Remains to be safeguarded as the comfort of the original rubber bushing, except that solidifies the chassis ???

There is no negative reaction to Daizen Kit ???

Thanks for answer
Old 03-07-10, 05:50 PM
Vincenza V
Driver School Candidate

Well, after about a year of putting it off, it did the Daizen kit too. Some things I learned:

-TM Engineering doesn't have a phone number. I think they are a tiny shop and don't have "bushings" as their primary product. They don't realize how good the Daizen kits are or they'd keep hundreds on hand. I waited about a month or slightly more for mine. I emailed them well after two weeks for a status check. They said wait two more week since they were back ordered or I could cancell the order. I chose to wait. Well worth it. They will get it to you, it just depends on the wait.

-The bushing sleeve removal was probably the BIGGEST PAIN IN THE *** auto project I've ever done on the car (keep in mind, I did my own timing belt, water pump, front crankshaft seal on my GS 400). I'd almost rather do that (almost) over before I had to take out the bushing sleeves. It probably took 6 hours for all 8 sleeves to get whacked-that was the longest part of the job. I bought a 6 ton press through Summit Racing, should have bought the Harbor freight model. The free Arbor Plates that the Harbor Freight model had is WAY BETTER than the cheap retangular steel plates that the Summit Racing press had. Those are worthless and they come flying out at you. They are both made in China. You really can't "press" out the metal sleeves. They are so thin, you REALLY need an air hammer or similar tool to destroy them. I also used my little propane torch to melt some of the bushings. You just direct the flame tip on the rubber, not the metal. It doesn't geth hot enough in my opinion to do any metal damage. Just use a little blue can torch, not a welding torch.

-The handling on it now (even before my alignment, I just got lucky) is good It's so tight (in a good way) and feels like a 1-2 year old can now instead of a 1999. The shake is still there though. Of course I did other front end work on this car, but this Daizen kit really makes the best improvement. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. This thread is what gave me the courage to give this a shot. I'll help out anyway I can if you have questions. coshana@hotmail.com

Last edited by Vincenza V; 09-19-10 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-08-10, 03:06 PM
Emil
Pole Position

get the sterring rack bushes,trust me it'll make the car even better

i loved mine after i fitted them,it was amazing!!
Old 03-20-10, 11:03 AM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

Ordered my Daizen kit from TM a week ago and got it yesterday. Can't complain. Just need to put it all in now.
Old 03-26-10, 06:01 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

Thanks for the write-up and the pictures.

Are the Daizen bushings the same material as the factory?
Is there any risk of squeaking long term?
Old 03-26-10, 06:12 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

The daizen bushings are made from polyurethane. The OEM parts are rubber.

Squeaking is a problem if they aren't lubricated enough initially. But eventually, they may squeal in cold weather so you'll have to relube them.
Old 03-30-10, 05:31 PM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You guys have just motivated me to get a set. And I will be refering back to this for the install..much thanks to DruMnBass...

thanks dude.
Old 04-16-10, 09:26 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

thanks for the comments,
just thought id update, been a few months now since the install; i have no complaints. the car drives just as it did. If you dont have daizen; its time.
Old 04-27-10, 09:43 PM
O1GS43O
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

do you need to get an alignment after doing the bushing kit?

Quick Reply: Daizen DIY