Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-02, 11:11 PM
David GS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes

I'm finally going for a brake upgrade and am looking for suggestions and information. Manaray was nice enough to let me test his car with the AP Racing brakes. After I put my eyeballs back in my head, I decided I didn't need that much braking power. I'm thinking about the Supra upgrade Steve is offering versus the Rod Millen brakes. Any feedback?
Old 04-17-02, 01:27 AM
RacingAristo

RMM's calipers are SupraTT's calipers except they put "RMM" on the calipers. For the money, I'd go for the SupraTT. Or you can try TRD pads/rotors. Those are pretty good and I'm using them now.
Old 04-17-02, 03:13 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with Racing Aristo...if you're look at those two systems, just get the SupraTT setup from Steve Ganz...it's under $700 I believe...you can't beat that!

So stopping a few cars shy of the stop line (with 20's) was too much braking power for you?
Old 04-17-02, 08:41 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by manaray
I'm with Racing Aristo...if you're look at those two systems, just get the SupraTT setup from Steve Ganz...it's under $700 I believe...you can't beat that!

So stopping a few cars shy of the stop line (with 20's) was too much braking power for you?
Manaray,

I heard from both Steve G and David what a maniac driver you are! J/K

Seriously though, I talked to David afterwards and he was very impressed by your brakes...

Sorry I could not meet you that day, hospital had some issues that I had to take care of...some of us have to work ya know Look forward to meeting you soon one of these days...

Brent
Old 04-17-02, 11:09 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Brent, yeah, we were both disappointed! I wanted to try out your system so that we could compare (even though it's not an exact comparison due to the wheels but it's close enough) and get a 3rd party opinion (Dave's) ...and I wanted to check out your ride...hehehe...you missed the Speedway meet also! What's up with that?!

I'm going to do the Supra Brake package the upcoming project car actually...

Work? What's that? Actually, I'm going to be deeply involved in some "work" soon...sigh...hehehe...just kidding, this new "job" is going to be FUN...

I don't drive like a maniac! Every else just drives too slowly!!
Old 04-18-02, 08:44 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by manaray
Hey Brent, yeah, we were both disappointed! I wanted to try out your system so that we could compare (even though it's not an exact comparison due to the wheels but it's close enough) and get a 3rd party opinion (Dave's) ...and I wanted to check out your ride...hehehe...you missed the Speedway meet also! What's up with that?!

I'm going to do the Supra Brake package the upcoming project car actually...

Work? What's that? Actually, I'm going to be deeply involved in some "work" soon...sigh...hehehe...just kidding, this new "job" is going to be FUN...

I don't drive like a maniac! Every else just drives too slowly!!
Yeah, we seem to miss each other...I was at the Carson meet last year and was totally looking forward to meeting you and we missed then as well. Oh well, I am sure our paths will cross in the near future...

PS Keep the SC kit going Forward... I know we have talked about it before but it seems like you have a greater head of steam to get this thing produced! If it's top notch quality, (I am sure you will make sure of it) it will be the next step for me.

Brent
Old 04-18-02, 01:17 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

I have got the Rod Millen brakes, very nice, I am very impressed.