Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BC Racing or Megan Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-09, 09:12 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC Racing or Megan Coilovers

My bad if thread already exists but already did a search and did not see one specifically for this discussion.

I purchased a set of BC Racing coilovers last week but they are own backorder with seller. I did a little looking up and I think megan and BCR coilovers are the same exact thing except that BCRs are a few hundred more.

Whats your take?

Originally Posted by BC Racing coilovers
General

-Mono-tube shock design
-30 levels of damping force adjustment
-Separate Full length height adjustable
-Pillowball front mounts
-One year warranty
-Spring Rate 10kg/8kg
-Coilovers use 46mm pistons and 53mm shock housings, the enlarged shock cartridges with specially designed pistons and rods provide a wide range of damping force.
-Valves are constructed of special spring steel, which outperforms stainless steels and produces longer valve life. Valve stacks use a patented deflective system to provide more precise control.
-Patented concave lower locking ring, to prevent unseating
-Springs are made of SAE9254 high strength, durable steel. Compression tested at over 500,000 times with less than 5% deformation
-T6061 Aluminum utilized in spring locks and seats for high strength and lightweight
-Piston rods are constructed of highly polished steel to lengthen oil seal life and prevent leaking
-High pressure inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent fade resistant damping and long shock life.
-2 step coating process utilizing nickel and chromium plating to prevent corrosion
-Newly developed lubricant oil in all shock cartridges minimizes aeration and cavitation.
-An additional bearing beneath each pillowball mount provides a smooth action and prolongs the life of the pillowball itself.
-Each BC damper is individually dyno tested before leaving the factory, making sure each damper is matched to within 5%, ensuring an equal balance in handling. OEM standards are 13% in comparison.

(picture is generic)
Originally Posted by Megan Racing Coilovers
- Spring Rate 10kg/8kg
- 32 Levels of Adjustable Damper
- Single-Cylinder Design
- Pillow Ball Upper Mounts.
-One year warranty

Megan Racing Coil-Over Dampers are the ultimate upgrade to your track or street car. Featuring 32 Levels of damper force adjustment, full-height adjustment, these damper kits are then perfectly matched with front and rear Pillow Ball upper mounts for camber correction in most applications.

The adjustment of the damper is as simple as can be with a built-in **** at the top of the damper mount for easy access. Simple adjustments can be made to tune to your style of driving and comfort level desired. Single-Adjustable dampers make suspension adjustments easy to tune whether you’re a professional mechanic or an automotive enthusiast with amateur mechanical skills.

The height adjustment is made easy with CNC-Machined locking perches for accuracy and smooth adjustment. You can raise your car up to factory height for OEM appearance with performance handling or you can drop your car all the way down for a formal racetrack and an aggressive stance lowering your center of gravity to gain full potential of your car’s handling capabilities.

On most applications, the Megan Racing Damper Kits come with fully adjustable Pillow-Ball upper mounts to easily tune and adjust your camber. Adjustable camber gives you an edge on most suspension setups, as you can easily tune your car for any ride height which improves handling, predictability and furthermore tire wear, which is a great benefit both on the racetrack and on the street.

The quality and durability of the Megan Racing Damper kits are unmatched. Made of extremely durable Steel and featuring springs that are constructed of SAE-9254 Cold-Wound Steel which are then tested over 500,000 times by compression inspection. With deformation less than 5% and high strength sophisticated surface coating, we stand by our product with our strong warranty.

(picture is generic)

Last edited by joshoowa; 07-30-09 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-30-09, 11:26 AM
phongh
Lead Lap

My boy got his BC two weeks ago, I can tell you that it ride pretty smooth. I believe the BC have a beefier shocks. Maybe try to contact all the vendor. Last time i checked they have a lot in stock.

GL
Old 07-30-09, 01:19 PM
isaacly
Rookie

i have megan coils, best investment ever.. next to air runners or bags.
Old 07-31-09, 05:11 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by isaacly
i have megan coils, best investment ever.. next to air runners or bags.
I was seriously considering Ksport air susp but my GS is my daily and it looks like it will be perm daily once I get my GT3.
Old 08-02-09, 02:16 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed BCs in my boys GS and he loves them. Smooth ride no bottoming out better than my Tien flexes