Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What Springs Should I use for my IS 250 AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-09, 10:06 PM
soleeasii
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just lowered my car on BC Racing coils... I am now experiencing Vibrations at Complete stops with my foot on the break... other than that Its PERFECT!! Does someone have an explanation for this?
Old 07-13-09, 12:54 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by soleeasii
I just lowered my car on BC Racing coils... I am now experiencing Vibrations at Complete stops with my foot on the break... other than that Its PERFECT!! Does someone have an explanation for this?
i dont know some people have these issue and some people dont like me. i would say rise it up some if your slammed too low. im riding from the ground up to the tip of the inner finder front at 25 inch and 25 1/2 in the rear with no vibration if that helps
Old 07-13-09, 04:13 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same 25in front with 25.5 rear still same problem... so yeah i give up with that... but my biggest question is would it damage anything? I am not too worried about the way it rides i just really wanna know if its going damage anything in any way.. and i was also wondering if there is a fix i mean there must be someone who found out a fix to this problem well i hope thats the case lol...
Old 07-13-09, 10:02 PM
soleeasii
Pole Position

it only happens when im in drive and i have my foot on the brake... Today, while at a light I had my foot on the break and put the car in neutral, there was no vibration, so i guess thats a temp fix!!
Old 10-14-09, 11:54 AM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

BUMP.....anyone ever get a clear cut answer as to the vibration issue????
Old 10-15-09, 06:55 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Ok.. I bought my BCR AWD Coils from IS300mq guy who did experience vibrations..

Now I have had them installed for over 1 month and I HAVE NOT experienced any vibrations at all.

This point leads me to believe that it is specific cars that are causing the vibrations as opposed to the actual coils.

I have a 12/05 build date on my 2006 awd.. Never had vibrations even dropped on my road magnet springs.
Old 10-15-09, 10:00 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We beleive it has something to do with the install process, or possible differences in manufacturing with the AWD vehicle.

It has to be something certain people are doing on isntalls since some get it and some dont. And like papahoff said he bought them from a member who got vibrations, and he installed the same EXACT set of coilovers and has 0 issues.

Slight manufacturing differences could be to blame as well. Bushings possibly.

Height and axle/driveshaft angles could also be the culprit.

It's hard to say without actually having a car to see and play with.

With the amount we have sold, it looks like roughly 25% of people are getting some kind of vibration. Usually making sure the car is lowered evenly front to rear helps A LOT.
Old 10-16-09, 12:50 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soleeasii
it only happens when im in drive and i have my foot on the brake... Today, while at a light I had my foot on the break and put the car in neutral, there was no vibration, so i guess thats a temp fix!!
same with me, and i'm lowered on f-sport. it didn't happen right away though, i'd say a few weeks after the drop. And the vibration doesn't seem to occur consistently, sometimes definitely stronger, and sometimes barely there. i'm trying to figure out if there's a pattern. anyway doesn't really bother me.
Old 10-21-09, 03:02 PM
nomoresti
Driver School Candidate

Does the vibrations happen only when stopped at idle? Has anyone adjusted camber after lowering to see if it helps at all? Is there a thread on this I missed?

Last edited by nomoresti; 10-21-09 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-19-11, 04:14 PM
xnfsx
Pole Position

hey CL,

I was doing some research into coilovers and planning to get 19 inch wheels on my is250 awd, but then my friend showed me this thread....

I experience vibrations when i stop and have my foot on the brake. It stops when it is in neutral. Im on stock everything atm. Does anyone know how to fix this? it is REALLY annoying -_-
Old 03-30-12, 07:57 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This post is scaring me from changing springs now..

but now that I think of it, I feel vibrations even on my stock springs (when pressing brake at idle)
Old 03-31-12, 06:57 AM
NCLexi250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reyoasian
This post is scaring me from changing springs now..

but now that I think of it, I feel vibrations even on my stock springs (when pressing brake at idle)
I've been using Tein S tech's with stock shocks for about a year now... no vibrations at all. The ride is more buttoned down and rides sportier than with stock springs, and no more ugly 4 x 4-like wheel well gap!

On the other hand, the only negatives I can think of with the Tein S techs are that 1) the rear seems a bit lower by a fraction of an inch (hardly noticeable though unless you're looking for it) and 2) you may want to eventually go with something lower, like coilovers, if your budget allows, as the drop is not that aggressive at all (especially on the AWD cars)...

Hope this helps!

-John

Last edited by NCLexi250; 03-31-12 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-02-12, 06:47 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NCLexi250
I've been using Tein S tech's with stock shocks for about a year now... no vibrations at all. The ride is more buttoned down and rides sportier than with stock springs, and no more ugly 4 x 4-like wheel well gap!

On the other hand, the only negatives I can think of with the Tein S techs are that 1) the rear seems a bit lower by a fraction of an inch (hardly noticeable though unless you're looking for it) and 2) you may want to eventually go with something lower, like coilovers, if your budget allows, as the drop is not that aggressive at all (especially on the AWD cars)...

Hope this helps!

-John
Is there specific AWD version for the S Techs? I found that H&R has an AWD version..
Old 05-05-12, 09:11 AM
halfnyce07
Driver

Originally Posted by Cristian0
I just put some BC coilovers on my car I also drive a IS250 AWD and I know what you mean by vibrations...

Does anyone know what makes it vibrate like that? At first I thought it was my axles or something but no its not none of that...
I'm on stock everything on my AWD and I still get the vibrations when the brake is applied.
Old 05-10-12, 12:54 AM
mycholly
Driver School Candidate

bump! i also get this vibration but only when i stomp on the brake pedal tho ( like a sudden stop). it vibrates a couple seconds after the car already stopped and it's doesnt come from the sudden stop swinging motion of the car but it comes from within the car. haha sorry it's hard to explain

Quick Reply: What Springs Should I use for my IS 250 AWD?