Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

where can i get a auto couture body kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-02, 04:33 PM
sc 4 me
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question where can i get a auto couture body kit

does anyone know where i can get this body kit at i have a 95 and it's kinda like the ones on the 98-99 models but, there is no way i'm going to the dealer to get ripped off when it's the same kit.:eek: :eek:

gimme some point's of contact or web sites.
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-02, 02:23 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out www.GTAutosports.com they have a really extensive collection of SC body kits for sale. (Including the auto culture)

Contacting GT AUTOSPORTS
Email : inquiry@gtautosports.com
Phone : *NEW* 602-437-1705 10:30am - 7:00pm MST
24hr. Fax : 602-532-7130

Tell us how it turns out.
Old 03-29-02, 02:26 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard some real nightmare stories about GTAutosports, just ask TinyGS. Jeff Watson can get you Auto Couture.
Old 03-29-02, 02:36 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm never heard about it --- it's a helpful site to chose a kit tho..

another vendor:

motorsport warehouse
2726 E GRANT RD
TUCSON Arizona 85716
contact url:
http://motorsportwarehouse.com/contact.shtml
Old 03-29-02, 09:02 PM
sc 4 me
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks got another question though

thanks for the hookup's man i just about got it nailed down but, some of the places are tell me that fiberglass sucks cause it cracks and that polyurethene is better so now i'm back to point which is the better choice cause i don't want to have to keep going back and buying replacement pieces because i tap a parking space bumper.....definely will post some pics when it's all said and done.

Old 03-29-02, 09:58 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Most kits are 'glass, but yeah, urethane is more forgiving. Either way, you'll have to be careful. Let us know what pricing you get.
- Jon
Old 03-31-02, 01:45 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah jeezz...more people spreading BS...fiberglass kit don't blow up when you tap a parking block...besides that, with ANY kit, you'll want to be safer. Polyurthane is more forgiving but if you mess up Poly, you're chances of fixing it are slim. Fiberglass is EASILY fixable. I've hit driveways, parking blocks, etc. with my fiberglass kit and it's still looking good to me...

GT Autosports, avoid them until they get their act together...hell, it's been MONTHS and the new website isn't even up yet...

If you want the AutoCouture kit (the best SC kit IMO), talk to Steve Ganz (SUPRATRD here or 800-90-TOYOTA)...he's got a good hook with AutoCouture.
Old 03-31-02, 09:49 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

manaray, who told him a 'glass kit would blow up if he hit a curb? Plainly put, urethane is more forgiving, fiberglass is very easy to repair, we both agree. The thing is, there's MANY different qualities of 'glass body kits, he's gotta look carefully at the construction, THAT'S what matters the most. We don't want him running out and picking up a kit made from sprayed chopped 'glass, inconsistent in strength, among other things. After all, think about it, 'yeah, my fiberglass kit is real easy to repair, done it a thousand times...'
Old 03-31-02, 04:32 PM
sc 4 me
Driver School Candidate

Default pricing

well here the price that i got for it the first reply anyway tell me what do you think to hi or low.

Subject: SC kits

that kit runs about $2400
and takes about 4-8 weeks to get here in the US
Old 03-31-02, 08:27 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

$2400, not bad, did you try Steve Ganz?
Old 04-01-02, 01:46 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Lex, I wasn't referring to your post...I was referring to what SC 4 Me was told ("fiberglass kits suck")...As for fixing, I've NEVER had to fix my kit...

But I definitely agree with you in terms of build quality. Most fiberglass kits that "blow up" are cheap knock-off kits from companies like VIS, Carisma, etc...granted, not all their kits are super cheap, but their "quality control" isn't anywhere near the same as quality vendors.

The AutoCouture kit is a quality kit...and $2400 is steep...should be in the $2000 or less range...contact Steve Ganz, don't bother with anyone else...
Old 04-01-02, 07:06 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Ok, manaray, we do agree then. I bought my 2000 body parts from Steve, he's good people. Didn't know he could get the AC kit for $2000 or under, you've now got me thinking about picking up that kit, I think it complements the SC so perfectly, and i've heard the construction is top-notch, but haven't inspected it for myself.
- Jon
Attached Thumbnails where can i get a auto couture body kit-autocouture-burntorange.jpg  
Old 04-01-02, 08:56 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I saw that car the other day going the opposite way on the fwy! Looks nice, but I only got a glimpse...

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Ok, manaray, we do agree then. I bought my 2000 body parts from Steve, he's good people. Didn't know he could get the AC kit for $2000 or under, you've now got me thinking about picking up that kit, I think it complements the SC so perfectly, and i've heard the construction is top-notch, but haven't inspected it for myself.
- Jon
Old 04-01-02, 10:32 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Ok, I just talked to Steve and he said the price is $1600-$1700 range...Told ya!

Lex Luthor - Yes, that kit is "PERFECT" IMO. If I get a SC, I'm DEFINITELY going to do that kit. No question about it. That "orange" color is pretty tight too!

Anyone in for a group buy on this kit? If you're ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS (no "half-@ssers" or "Depends on the final price" cr@p...figure you're going to spend $1700 on the kit and if we get it for less, all the better...), PM me and I'll talk to Steve...
Old 04-02-02, 06:24 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

manaray, I would never normally go for a colour such as that burnt orange, but I have to admit, on that SC, yeah, it's pretty damn tight. I dig AC's wheels too, but their rims are basically all dubs, not my thing, especially on NY roads.
Attached Thumbnails where can i get a auto couture body kit-autocouture-burnt-orange.jpg  

Quick Reply: where can i get a auto couture body kit