Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Dont get it

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-02, 02:07 PM
TIKTIK11
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont get it

I have heard all this stuff like Gs brakes are the crap, but honestly i am not to happy with mine. I drove my uncles BMW 33ci and luv those breakes to death. Any opinions?
Old 03-26-02, 02:18 PM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two simple thing to fix up the brake... I know.. cause I have 330i...

Upgrade to SS Brake Line.. Superior feeling than 330i.

Upgrade Brake pad and rotor.. (TRD Brake Upgrade).. will definitely better than 330i.

Contact SupraTRD for parts..
Old 03-26-02, 02:31 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation GS outbrakes Ferrari F355 & Porsches!!!

Originally posted by TIKTIK11
I have heard all this stuff like Gs brakes are the crap, but honestly i am not to happy with mine. I drove my uncles BMW 33ci and luv those breakes to death. Any opinions?
Where have you heard this? GS's have world class brakes! Check the link below to see what I am talking about. Pay special attention to the part about "the GS400 still manages outbrake both Porsche Boxsters and Ferrari F355s and run through the slalom in a Camaro Z28 pounding 67 mph".

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/gs400.html
Old 03-26-02, 04:07 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

GS brakes rule i love mine

especially with TRD brake upgrade, while the actual braking may not be better, it has a much better feel to the brakes and less fade than stock, and the brake dust issue is overrated.

i cant wait until i get the new tires and then my car will probobly beat the brake distance in that article
Old 03-26-02, 04:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts
Default Re: Dont get it

Originally posted by TIKTIK11
Perhaps you're confusing brake feel with braking performance. I agree that BMW brakes feel better the Lexus, but Lexus performance is as good if not better.
Old 03-29-02, 02:08 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

brakes are great !!!

the gs has( oem) very good brakes.

just be progressif on the pedal.
You will stop shorter then who follows you way to close.......... BBBBBBAAAAAAAmmmmmmmmm..... yezzzzz.. this are great brakes but to be used with intelligence.
LOL
cheers
jacko
Old 03-31-02, 09:06 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

I have a bmw too...and the brakes are awsome on it...the brakes on the lex are scary as ***! I am scarried to death every time I step on the brake! It feels like they are about to give or are grinding down everytime....and I have RMM SS brake lines, powerslot cross drilled rotors and project mu pads....it might stop fast in an emergncy but they feel like ***** for 99% of daily driving....and another thing...the GS NO WAY IN HELL bets the Porshe twin turbo in braking ....motor trend is smoking crack...do the math .... it's not posible....
Old 04-01-02, 10:29 AM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Stock brakes work fine for daily driving.

According to Motorweek, an ES300 beats a Porsche Twin Turbo 60-0 by five feet, 115 vs. 120 feet. The ES300 outweighs the Porsche by almost 100 lbs. The GS outweighs the ES by about 200 lbs. It certainly seems possible that the GS could outbrake the TT from 60 mph-0.

Last edited by meanboy; 04-01-02 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-01-02, 10:36 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CSHFLW
I have a bmw too...and the brakes are awsome on it...the brakes on the lex are scary as ***! I am scarried to death every time I step on the brake! It feels like they are about to give or are grinding down everytime....and I have RMM SS brake lines, powerslot cross drilled rotors and project mu pads....it might stop fast in an emergncy but they feel like ***** for 99% of daily driving....and another thing...the GS NO WAY IN HELL bets the Porshe twin turbo in braking ....motor trend is smoking crack...do the math .... it's not posible....

Cshflw, I nor any publication has ever said that the GS400 outbrakes a porshe turbo read my quote below.

Originally posted by JAC JZS

Pay special attention to the part about "the GS400 still manages outbrake both Porsche Boxters and Ferrari F355s and run through the slalom in a Camaro Z28 pounding 67 mph".

Old 04-01-02, 10:36 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by meanboy
Stock brakes work fine for daily driving.
I guess I'm just used to better feeling brakes...hell...my civic even had brembo 4pot....now that was amazing braking....I can only guess how a ferrari or porshe TT feels....
Old 04-01-02, 10:38 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cshflw, I nor any publication has ever said that the GS400 outbrakes a porsche turbo read my quote below.

quote:
Originally posted by JAC JZS

Pay special attention to the part about "the GS400 still manages outbrake both Porsche Boxters and Ferrari F355s and run through the slalom in a Camaro Z28 pounding 67 mph".

Old 04-01-02, 10:57 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

GS4 can brake... Don't mind what other is telling you.

A Brake distance plus a bad brake feeling.. give me no confidence at all. I had couple close call on high way ramp merge with other cars. Although my Lex stop Just in time.. but sure feels like the 3800lb is not going to make it in time... (sponge feeling) Now my 330 does not have stop better than Lex GS, but the brake feeling definitely give me more confidence.

In short, a SS brake upgrade is definitely needed to have better brake feeling (confidence that my car will stop in time).
Old 04-01-02, 10:59 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

"Cshflw, I nor any publication has ever said that the GS400 outbrakes a porsche turbo read my quote below. "

According to motord trend the GS out brakes EVERY CAR THEY have tested! Last time I trust motor trends numbers...look it up in the back of the mag...
Old 04-01-02, 11:10 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

"Cshflw, I nor any publication has ever said that the GS400 outbrakes a porsche turbo read my quote below. "

According to motord trend the GS out brakes EVERY CAR THEY have tested! Last time I trust motor trends numbers...look it up in the back of the mag...
That's not true! Motortrend has been quoted saying that there are many cars that can outbrake the GS , like Corvette Z06's, 360 Modenas, etc...

Last edited by JAC JZS; 04-01-02 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-01-02, 11:53 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

did you look in the back?

and it doesnt matter...you think that only a 360 and z06 can out brake a GS???? Thats insane....The GS is a bid old heavy car with better then average brakes....not performance one bit

Quick Reply: Dont get it