IS350 (brake) Upgrade on IS250 - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS350 (brake) Upgrade on IS250

Reply

 
 
 
Old 10-22-14, 03:02 AM
  #31  
Boomin
Lexus Test Driver
 
Boomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: fl
Posts: 960
Thanked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Soooooo, 60-0 feet comparisons ? I know I read 250f-sport is 115'
Boomin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 01:33 PM
  #32  
FSportIS
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 2,182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

What drilled/slotted rotors are you guys running? They look very nice lol.
FSportIS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 06:42 PM
  #33  
Ants350
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Ants350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ny
Posts: 534
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FSportIS View Post
What drilled/slotted rotors are you guys running? They look very nice lol.
I used stop tech.
Ants350 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-15, 03:32 PM
  #34  
Bryan858
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: California
Posts: 503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hardware?

Hi all, what is the hardware kit refered to in the first post? I have my Calipers, brake pads clips. Waiting on a rebuild kit and rotors. Do the is250 caliper mounting bolts bolt directly to the is350 calipers or do I need to buy is350 mounting bolts? I plan to cut and bend the dust shield and save a few bucks as well. Just want to be sure I have all I need.
Bryan858 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-15, 07:01 PM
  #35  
knguyenk
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Bryan858 View Post
Hi all, what is the hardware kit refered to in the first post? I have my Calipers, brake pads clips. Waiting on a rebuild kit and rotors. Do the is250 caliper mounting bolts bolt directly to the is350 calipers or do I need to buy is350 mounting bolts? I plan to cut and bend the dust shield and save a few bucks as well. Just want to be sure I have all I need.
Yes, the bolts that were used to hold the caliper to the knuckle are the same so reuse them as well as the banjo bolt that supplies the brake fluid to the caliper from the brake line.
knguyenk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-15, 09:56 AM
  #36  
Bryan858
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: California
Posts: 503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by knguyenk View Post
Yes, the bolts that were used to hold the caliper to the knuckle are the same so reuse them as well as the banjo bolt that supplies the brake fluid to the caliper from the brake line.
Perfect, Thanks!!!
Bryan858 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-15, 05:02 PM
  #37  
nyis250
Driver School Candidate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does anyone have issue rebuilding the calipers? I'm currently stuck on sitting the dust boot on the caliper and pistons. What method did you guys use?
nyis250 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 05:37 AM
  #38  
knguyenk
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 427
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by nyis250 View Post
Does anyone have issue rebuilding the calipers? I'm currently stuck on sitting the dust boot on the caliper and pistons. What method did you guys use?
I used the grease that they supplied in the rebuild kit and greased the dust boot up with a thin coat and worked the dust boot around groove of the piston and the lip of the caliper that surrounds the piston.

For the part of the boot that goes around the part of the caliper, start at one side and just work it around until you hit the end and then it should seat itself (as long as the boot was greased); otherwise, you risk tearing it.
knguyenk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 07:25 AM
  #39  
nyis250
Driver School Candidate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by knguyenk View Post
I used the grease that they supplied in the rebuild kit and greased the dust boot up with a thin coat and worked the dust boot around groove of the piston and the lip of the caliper that surrounds the piston.

For the part of the boot that goes around the part of the caliper, start at one side and just work it around until you hit the end and then it should seat itself (as long as the boot was greased); otherwise, you risk tearing it.
I used the grease as well but I cant get the boot to situate in the caliper as I press the pistons into the caliper.
I find the space between the piston and the caliper too small to fit the boot.

Currently I have the boot placed on the piston first and then fit the other end of the boot into the groove of the caliper. As I press down on the piston, the end of the boot inside the caliper retracts out.

Or should the boot go on the outside silver ring?
nyis250 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 09:43 PM
  #40  
Markcma3
Rookie
 
Markcma3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California
Posts: 73
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Has anyone seen this done on a 2014 IS250? If so please post info.
Markcma3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-16, 04:39 PM
  #41  
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 46
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

anyone confirm that it is the same discs and calipers used on the GS300 as on the IS350?

wanting to know as we didn't get the is350 in Europe and nearer time to replace my front discs/pads id like to upgrade to the larger discs and calipers. if its the same stuff on the GS I can just hunt down what I need from a GS... otherwise I'm into shipping from the US.
DmcL325i is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-16, 05:33 PM
  #42  
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
iTrader: (1)
 
Jeff Lange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 4,231
Thanked 126 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Yes the European 2006-2015 GS300, 350, 430, 450h and 460 all had the same brake calipers as the IS350 (excluding 2012+ RWD GS models with the F-Sport package and larger brakes).

Jeff
Jeff Lange is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Lange For This Useful Post:
DmcL325i (04-23-17)
Old 07-05-16, 08:40 AM
  #43  
rohanstar
Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default two bolts from 250 caliper

the 2 two bolts that bolt on the 250 calipers are they the same bolts use to bolt on the 350 calipers ?
rohanstar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-16, 10:28 AM
  #44  
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
iTrader: (1)
 
Jeff Lange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 4,231
Thanked 126 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Yes, they are.

Jeff
Jeff Lange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 04:58 PM
  #45  
Ling2IS
Pole Position
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 325
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Do front 250 rotors work with 350 calipers?

Any photos on how to separate the caliper from the brake line?

Last edited by Ling2IS; 11-02-16 at 05:39 PM.
Ling2IS is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IS350 (brake) Upgrade on IS250


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: