ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Suspension and Brakes (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes-198/)
-   -   F-sports VS eibach VS tein? springs only (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/364753-f-sports-vs-eibach-vs-tein-springs-only.html)

chris07is 07-02-08 01:40 PM

F-sports VS eibach VS tein? springs only

i've been doing my research on this forum about lowering spring and theres so much technical info...i'm just debating now which is better and how much does it cost? and how low the car would be... i finally decided spring is what i'm going to purchase to drop my car...i have an xpack comes with sport spring suspension...

F-sport-how low? how much? any discount to CL members? carson l tuned? sewell?

eibach-how low? how much? what model? i live in sfv (818) purchasing it locally

tein- how low? how much? what model of the spring? purchasing it locally

I don't want my car too low..road here in LA COUNTY SUX...especially the 5 freeway and the 710....:cry:

projectdna 07-02-08 02:31 PM

make: tein
model: s-tech
specs: 1.6" in front, 1.2" in rear

make: tein
model: h-tech
specs: 1" in front, 0.6" in rear

ExTrEmE99 07-02-08 02:34 PM

Theres a vendor in the Vendor section offering a special on springs. I dont know if the prices are good, but i think the teins stechs for 250 is a fairly good deal now.

IMO: i think the s.techs has the nicest drop for springs

Evil Teo 07-02-08 03:59 PM

eibach pro kit is250
spec 1.4" front 1.0" rear

eibach pro kit is350
spec 1" front .8" rear

$200-300

javyLSU 07-04-08 11:13 AM

You're not going to find much difference at all between the Eibach Pro-Kit for the IS350 and the F-Sport springs... ;)

Javier

llamaboiz 07-04-08 01:14 PM

what you want is airrunner ;) then you'll have no problems at all :D and look you can see Joann's car on the main site HERE

javyLSU 07-04-08 01:44 PM

^LOL I think Judd needs to sponsor everyone who's looking for a drop... :D

Javier

passnu2 07-04-08 05:10 PM

well all i can say is PM member VikH....he has the F-Sport on his car and just drove my car so he can vouch for the difference between the TeinS on my car and the F-Sport on his car and give you a non biased opinon:) Vik has taken over the P2 mobile for the night;)

VikH 07-07-08 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by passnu2 (Post 3655092)
well all i can say is PM member VikH....he has the F-Sport on his car and just drove my car so he can vouch for the difference between the TeinS on my car and the F-Sport on his car and give you a non biased opinon:) Vik has taken over the P2 mobile for the night;)

Here is a comparison shot of my car (Silver) with F-Sport Lowering Springs and F-Sport Shocks and passnu2's car (Black) with Tein Springs. Mike are they Tein H-Tech or S-Tech?

Since my car has F-Shocks it is not a direct comparison. However, after driving passnu2's car I really liked it. The F-Sport Springs/Shock combo can be harsh at times. The Teins are very close to stock ride. They lower the car more than the F-Sports in both the front and rear. His car handled well, but had some body roll in the turns. If you are mainly lowering for looks and do not care about warranty, I would get Teins.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1257/005qq4.jpg

projectdna 07-07-08 11:51 PM

passnu2 is running on s-techs.

the h-techs are closer to the f-sport springs in terms of lowered ride height than the s-techs. iirc, the s-techs are about half inch lower...

chris07is 07-08-08 12:23 AM

he told me

Originally Posted by VikH (Post 3661798)
Here is a comparison shot of my car (Silver) with F-Sport Lowering Springs and F-Sport Shocks and passnu2's car (Black) with Tein Springs. Mike are they Tein H-Tech or S-Tech?

Since my car has F-Shocks it is not a direct comparison. However, after driving passnu2's car I really liked it. The F-Sport Springs/Shock combo can be harsh at times. The Teins are very close to stock ride. They lower the car more than the F-Sports in both the front and rear. His car handled well, but had some body roll in the turns. If you are mainly lowering for looks and do not care about warranty, I would get Teins.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1257/005qq4.jpg

hey vikh, thnx again for the input, i PM mike and he said that you did enjoy his car this weekend and he did recommended me the tein s tech... he told me that i dont even have to worry about the rubbing on fender since i have the stock 18inch rims..

passnu2 07-08-08 08:46 AM

^^ You are going to be very happy:)

make sure to post pics when you have them installed;)

chris07is 07-08-08 12:54 PM

^^^ mike just ordered my springs and its going to be installed on Thursday... i'll take some pic, regards to VIKH too..

passnu2 07-08-08 01:24 PM

Nice:) that was quick!

projectdna 07-08-08 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by chris07is (Post 3663303)
^^^ mike just ordered my springs and its going to be installed on Thursday... i'll take some pic, regards to VIKH too..

out of curiosity, where are you going to get the install done?