Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

brake caliper painted and then car wash day after

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-08, 01:09 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

looks crazy good man! i used to have red but then i toned it down to some black calipers!
Old 06-05-08, 01:30 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Look great! I too plan on doing this. Hopefully later this month after I move.
Old 06-05-08, 04:01 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyjaix
Look for something that matches your HIDs and make sure they're 1 watt LEDs. The ones I installed yesterday replaced the 12LED bulbs I had on, those 12 LEDs were probly only 1/4 as bright as the 5 1watt LEDs I have on right now. I purchase the bulbs from warden_jp2002 on ebay, very cheap and great LEDs and really understanding guy. I switch them out once every few months for **** n giggles.
How do u think these would match 6000k HIDs? I'm gonna be switching mine soon, been going back and forth on what wedge bulb to put in when I switch everything to 6000k.
Old 06-05-08, 04:06 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought briefly about painting the calipers on my Nissan, but I didn't have the guts. Is it pretty easy to do? It looks really good.

-Regan
Old 06-05-08, 04:58 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the compliments guys, and PushinLex: yeah man i think gold calipers would look sweet on a black GS.

Lexus-Parts: The painting process was fairly easy, reminded me of my elementary school art class painting days. Just gotta be real careful not to drip any on ur rotors but then again I did this mod when I was replacing both my rotors and brake pads so I was just slopping it around. Just be sure your paint is fully DRIED before the decals, after 2 hrs it felt dried but it wasnt and i left a slight mark on the driver side front caliper. all in all, the end result was pretty good, I actually scuffed a corner on my driver side caliper when my wheel was off by accident but its barely noticeable.

Last edited by tommyjaix; 06-05-08 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-05-08, 05:00 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
How do u think these would match 6000k HIDs? I'm gonna be switching mine soon, been going back and forth on what wedge bulb to put in when I switch everything to 6000k.
get xenon white LED bulbs, make sure they're the 1watt LEDs cuz those are the brightest. I have 4 1w LED in my clear side markers, single LED 1watts in my license plate lights, and then the 5 LED 1w in my parking accent lights. Xenon white LEDs should match 6000k HIDs pretty closely.
Old 06-05-08, 05:03 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

I think the red calipers complement the red in the tail lights well as well as my red couplings on my srt intake lol
Old 06-05-08, 05:26 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tommyjaix
get xenon white LED bulbs, make sure they're the 1watt LEDs cuz those are the brightest. I have 4 1w LED in my clear side markers, single LED 1watts in my license plate lights, and then the 5 LED 1w in my parking accent lights. Xenon white LEDs should match 6000k HIDs pretty closely.
Thanks, I've got my whole interior done with LED's and I've got Polarg M4's in the wedge bulbs right now but I think something else could look better, especially once I switch the factory HID's and fogs to 6000k.

If it's not too much trouble, can you point out exactly which ones you used, they seem to light up the reflector real well. I was looking at warden_jp2002's ebay store and saw some 5 LED 194's but they didn't say they were 1 watt, the only 1 watt I saw didn't have the radial firing LED's. TIA!
Old 06-06-08, 12:47 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

I'm currently using these LEDs for my doorsill lights and rear overhead lights as well as license plates and clear side markers lights:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-...0107QQtcZphoto

I used to have these as the parkin lights:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-...6014QQtcZphoto

This is what I'm currently using in my parking lights:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-...6557QQtcZphoto
Old 06-06-08, 12:49 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Sorry about that, it appears the seller replaced 1 watt with High POwer instead just cuz it sounds so much more enticing
Old 06-06-08, 12:54 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

That looks pretty good!
Old 06-06-08, 03:21 AM
ProfesrLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn.. I painted my calipers with G2 paint and put a high temp clear coat over it about 3 or 4 months ago and its already flaking. I didnt prep the calipers at all with sanding and just used brake cleaner and a rag before applying paint. It seems i have to read for a minimum of 5 hours about anything on here before i do a mod
Old 06-06-08, 07:40 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Looks nice. Good job on the painting. Your sister is so adorable. I just took a pic with my little 6 year old sis and it's priceless
Old 06-06-08, 03:38 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Thanks Tommy, I looked at those but wasn't sure whether they were the right ones!

Originally Posted by ProfesrLEX
damn.. I painted my calipers with G2 paint and put a high temp clear coat over it about 3 or 4 months ago and its already flaking. I didnt prep the calipers at all with sanding and just used brake cleaner and a rag before applying paint. It seems i have to read for a minimum of 5 hours about anything on here before i do a mod
Very true, I read up for a couple months before I even picked up my car, picking out what I wanted and what I needed to do; so far everything I've worked on has gone very well, mostly thanks to everyone's ezperience here. It's alot easier and cheaper to get things right the first time!
Old 06-06-08, 10:44 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

looks good Tommy, i don't even know where to start to paint mine....lol. now you need some drop...

Originally Posted by PushinLEX

Originally Posted by Microsoft
wack..........
Care to elaborate?

it's microsoft, all he can do is error/crash and then BSOD that comment probably an error from his main motherboard a.k.a brain

Quick Reply: brake caliper painted and then car wash day after