Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Questions for anyone who installed Espilir springs..

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-08, 03:13 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for anyone who installed Espilir springs..

A friend of mine is looking to get Espilir springs for his 92 SC b/c he is a college student on a budget and coilovers are not a option for him ...I wanted to hear from people who installed them, I know they drop 2.1 in the front and 2.3 in the rear and i had some questions:

1. Are you satisfied with the drop and does the car sit at a raked stance? Do you want to go lower? Is there any wheel gap? If so, does it bother you? Pics are welcomed

2. The height of the drop is the lowest I see for lowering springs for the SC so I wanted to know if you have any issues with camber or tire wear? If so how bad and have you done anything to correct it?? Ex: camber kit, rolling the fender to allign or both?

3. What type of shocks are you using and how is the ride quality.

Any feed back and pics you have is greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-13-08, 04:12 PM
TJohnson
Driver

Mine is not my daily driven car so I can't answer the tire wear question because mine have only been on maybe a total of 400 miles. Rolling or pulling the fenders is going to depend on what wheels and offset you go with. Mine did have to be rolled, but not pulled. You have BARELY one finger gap in the front and rear fender.

The ride quality is about what is expected from a very aggressive lowering spring. It's a little harsh and bumpy at times, but I prefer the stiffer ride myself. And because I only drive the car maybe once a week, it doesn't bother me at all.

Mine are on Tokico HP shocks as well. Both shocks and springs were put on brand new, so it may take a little longer for them to settle down the stiffness of the ride for me. The drop though is great in my opinion. Here are a few pictures that were just taken today.

Oh and feel free to PM me with any other questions you might have. Happy to help.

Old 04-14-08, 06:56 AM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

i want to go lower, but im going to get coilovers soon.......ride isnt that bad. im running KYB Gr-2s....

I rolled all 4 of my fenders, had to get an alignment, when i did i couldnt get it perfect. When i got rid of Toe my camber went up, if i got rid of camber my toe went up. So i told him to give me camber and get rid of toe...tires are wearing pretty damn evenly.

Old 04-14-08, 07:25 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running them with Tokico HPs. They have a more stiffer ride but I like them. Makes the car feel more sporty. The drop is really clean and gives a nice stance.

I had it aligned at work and everything was able to be put back into spec. I'm also running supra TT front lower control arms. If I were to get aftermarket wheels it might be a different story.

Here it is before.....

Now after.....

Last edited by SH_JZZ30; 04-14-08 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-14-08, 10:31 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Black_SC
i want to go lower, but im going to get coilovers soon.......ride isnt that bad. im running KYB Gr-2s....

I rolled all 4 of my fenders, had to get an alignment, when i did i couldnt get it perfect. When i got rid of Toe my camber went up, if i got rid of camber my toe went up. So i told him to give me camber and get rid of toe...tires are wearing pretty damn evenly.

How long the tires last? He is running some 295 Bridestone Potenzas and we all know how much $$ they are. The drop looks nice....how much lower you want to go, for the front or rear??
Old 04-14-08, 10:44 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
I'm running them with Tokico HPs. They have a more stiffer ride but I like them. Makes the car feel more sporty. The drop is really clean and gives a nice stance.

I had it aligned at work and everything was able to be put back into spec. I'm also running supra TT front lower control arms. If I were to get aftermarket wheels it might be a different story.

Here it is before.....

Now after.....

For some reason the stance on yours look different, more raked What kind of lip is that you have?? Im looking for a lip for my 97 but kind find any decent ones. I need a allignment as well, where in fl are you and whats the name of the place you work at?
Old 04-14-08, 06:56 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc3VVTI
For some reason the stance on yours look different, more raked What kind of lip is that you have?? Im looking for a lip for my 97 but kind find any decent ones. I need a allignment as well, where in fl are you and whats the name of the place you work at?
I'm running a Big Win front lip. I'm in south florida. Near fort lauderdale. I work at Sears Auto center at coral square mall in coral springs.

My car barely fit on the lift with the lip. I had to put some wood to lift the front up before I went on the ramp.
Old 04-14-08, 10:17 PM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sc3VVTI
How long the tires last? He is running some 295 Bridestone Potenzas and we all know how much $$ they are. The drop looks nice....how much lower you want to go, for the front or rear??
before the alignment, i think i was blowing tires once a month?

after alignment.....wear is even and been like that for 2+ months easy....

haha i wanna get a smaller sidewall and tuck a little
Old 04-15-08, 12:02 AM
Kilo
Instructor

Espelir springs do not lower 2+ inches - I think the drop is 1.75
Attached Thumbnails Questions for anyone who installed Espilir springs..-sc.jpg  
Old 04-15-08, 11:35 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kilo
Espelir springs do not lower 2+ inches - I think the drop is 1.75
From what I see advertised its 55 mm in front which is equal to 2.1 inches and 60 mm in the reear which is equal to 2.3 inches...how low do you think your drop is?
Old 04-16-08, 11:43 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

SO where did u guys end up buying the springs at and what prices did u pay??
Old 04-17-08, 11:34 AM
itazura
Pole Position

you can try six autoworks in california. they are direct dealer for espelir. even with shipping probably best prices.
Old 04-17-08, 12:09 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't it be ever low if you get the Espilar ASD springs for 93-98 supra?
Old 04-17-08, 07:14 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Luke_in_SD
can't it be ever low if you get the Espilar ASD springs for 93-98 supra?
Thats what I thought as well.... I looked but did not see the ASD for the Supra only GT which is not as low...
Old 04-18-08, 10:03 AM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30

Here it is before.....

Now after.....

what lip is that?

Quick Reply: Questions for anyone who installed Espilir springs..