Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS350 Alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-08, 08:27 AM
lexem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IS350 Alignment specs

I just an alignment done by lexus. The print out on states "IS350: standard suspension". I have the sport suspension.

Does anybody know if there are different specs for sport suspension vs standard suspension (for alignment)?

If so can you post the specs for the sport suspension?
Old 03-13-08, 10:34 AM
Giggity
Pole Position

The difference between standard and sport suspension is a few milimieters and slightly stiffer spring rate (I think)
The alighnment specs for both would have the same tolerences.
So, even if the tech used "standard" or "sport" he would have made adjustments to get the toe, etc., within specs according to how far in or out of adjustment your car was....
So, yes it's probably fine, but if it's really bothering you, go back to the dealership or call your service advisor to set your mind at ease.
Old 03-13-08, 10:39 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would call and check. Could also be that there system doesnt allow it to say sport? Did they do it at the dealer or have a tire place do it? More common around here for the dealer to send your car down the road as they dont provide this service.
Old 03-13-08, 11:19 AM
lexem
Pole Position

The service advisor told me there wasn't a difference but I wanted to ask people here just to make sure they asked the techs and not just pull that out of their b... The dealership did do the alignment and the car seems to go straight. Before it pulled a little to the right. The reason I brought the car in was the passager front tire had "cupping". The discount tire told me it was due to alignment problems or suspension problems.
Lexus told me to have the alignment done first. If it was within specs it could be the suspension. If the alignment was out of the specs , it would bring me back into specs. So now they said if the problem (cupping) gets worse to bring it back and they can take a look at the suspension.
Old 03-13-08, 08:11 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So, i brought my IS to the dealer for an alignment today. After 20K, it was still in spec. Waste of money for me... but depending on your road conditions.. your alignment may be out.. but for me.. it was still in spec.