Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rotora Drilled/Slotted rotors - where can I order them?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-07, 09:43 AM
bee0818
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotora Drilled/Slotted rotors - where can I order them?

I am looking for a pair of fronts (oem replacements). I've contacted carson multiple times through email and over the phone. They keep telling me they can get them for about $135 a piece, but everytime I try to order or ask how much total, including shipping, I get no response
Does anyone know who else sells these?
Old 11-21-07, 09:45 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Louis in parts at Carson.
He is the man!
Old 11-21-07, 09:48 AM
bee0818
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cpone
Call Louis in parts at Carson.
He is the man!
I've worked with him and ceasar and have not had any luck...
I'll give it another shot. In the meantime, anyone know where else I can order if they don't come through?
Old 11-21-07, 10:25 AM
cpone
There can only be One

I don't know about SPECIFICALLY Rotora rotors but I got mine off Ebay.

Here

Slotted Drilled and Powder Coated.
Old 11-21-07, 10:31 AM
bee0818
Pole Position

Well, I went ahead and contacted another online vendor. I had been looking at their site a while back and did not see any rotora drilled and slotted applications for our cars. I just got off the phone with them and they do carry them, but do not have them listed at this time. They were able to do them for $250 shipped, which was less than what I was quoted by Luis.
For future references, in case anyone is looking for these, the company info is located here:

www.sportcompactonly.com

In case anyone is wondering why I was insisting on drilled and slotted, it's because the car came with them on the rear and I didn't want to have to change out all 4 since the rears are still good. Plus they should look better than the blanks behind the wheels (so, yes, bling factor).
Eventually, I hope to have enough to move to a BBK later on down the road.
Old 11-21-07, 10:43 AM
bee0818
Pole Position

Here

Thanks for the help. I'll give the rotoras a try for now. How do you like those? I've shopped for rotors for awhile now but have never come across those
Old 11-21-07, 12:32 PM
d3fc0N_21
Driver

As a former employee of Rotora, firsthand FYI - OEM replacement disc are purchased from http://www.centricparts.com and sent to a local machine shop for cross-drilled and slotted design. After the disc arrives from the machine shop the center of the disc and the outside edges is painted with high-heat temperature black paint.

This is not to deter you from purchasing their product, it's just for informational purpose only as a buyer.
Old 11-21-07, 01:06 PM
bee0818
Pole Position

Originally Posted by d3fc0N_21
As a former employee of Rotora, firsthand FYI - OEM replacement disc are purchased from http://www.centricparts.com and sent to a local machine shop for cross-drilled and slotted design. After the disc arrives from the machine shop the center of the disc and the outside edges is painted with high-heat temperature black paint.

This is not to deter you from purchasing their product, it's just for informational purpose only as a buyer.
D3fcon, I appreciate the info. Would you still consider these quality rotors? Any difference from these and what sportbrakes.com offers (machined brembo blanks)?
Old 11-21-07, 01:52 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Hey bee0818, sorry about not being able to get a better price for you. Sometimes, not often, I'm not able to get as good a discount as I would like to pass on the savings. Hopefully we can get you a better price should you need anything else.

Luis S.
310-522-2383
Old 11-21-07, 01:58 PM
bee0818
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Hey bee0818, sorry about not being able to get a better price for you. Sometimes, not often, I'm not able to get as good a discount as I would like to pass on the savings. Hopefully we can get you a better price should you need anything else.

Luis S.
310-522-2383
Thanks Luis, I appreciate the response. I will be looking to you guys for other parts in the future.
Old 11-22-07, 08:07 AM
Lexamatic
Pole Position

www.horsepowerfreaks.com
Old 11-22-07, 08:27 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here

thanks for the link cpone, never saw this one before...hmm how do you like this rotor so far ? is it good ??

thanks!
Old 11-22-07, 03:35 PM
d3fc0N_21
Driver

Originally Posted by bee0818
D3fcon, I appreciate the info. Would you still consider these quality rotors? Any difference from these and what sportbrakes.com offers (machined brembo blanks)?
It's actually the quality of the design of the slot or cross-drilled pattern that is machined on the disc and not the material of the actual disc since the material of the disc is more of a standard that the industry uses

Some things to look for when looking at slotted or cross-drilled disc are the following:

- On slotted disc make sure that the end of the slot is not to close to the inner or outside edge of the disc

- On cross-drilled disc make sure there are enough gaps between each cross-drilled holes. If they are too close together, there is a higher chance of cracking in between the holes

Before spending the additional money for a slotted or cross-drilled replacement disc, are you hoping to have more braking power or is it just for looks? If you want more braking power, unfortunately you will need to add-on more items than just replacing the brake disc.
Old 11-22-07, 04:20 PM
cpone
There can only be One

Originally Posted by masboy
thanks for the link cpone, never saw this one before...hmm how do you like this rotor so far ? is it good ??

thanks!
They look freaking SWEET!
They feel fine so far.
So far I did the front only on my GS. I will be doing the back this weekend.
I also did it to my wifes front rotors on her car. They look SWEET!
They feel fine. I put them on her car after dropping it, throwing some progress sway bars and a few other things.
I pushed them pretty hard so far.

I know a guy that put them on a WRX STI and he DOES NOT drive light. The guy is NUTS! He tracked his car a few times since he has gotten them and he says they are FINE.

For the PRICE! You can't beat it.

My wifes car:
Old 11-22-07, 06:07 PM
hurricane
Lead Lap

^^so these rotors wont rust? looks sweet

Quick Reply: Rotora Drilled/Slotted rotors - where can I order them?