Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension rebuild questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 10:56 PM
bhinkle50
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension rebuild questions

Looking for some input into a total suspension rebuild on my new 5spd SC.

Current plans for this stage:

Decisions made -

Brakes - Sourced all TT calipers. New fronts, low mileage rears.

Rear Diff - TT auto LSD pumpkin arrives Friday.

Steering bushings - new daizens

New LCA

Decisions pending -

Coilovers vs springs/struts - Just not sure where to go here. Value is the spring/strut combo, but if I'm going all out I guess I shouldn't too worried about spending money in stage 1. There's many opinions and posts out there, I'm leaning towards the D2s or HKS if I go that route. Haven't heard many negatives about these, so if you have some please let me know.

Sways - Just looking for a decent deal on Daizens, TRD, or Tannabe. Anyone with some leads, PM me. If buying new, anyone have any thoughts between Daizen or Tannabe for our cars?

Things in question -

UCA (front and rear) - Plan to buy a bushing kit from Carsons to rebuild these. Not sure if I need too, but if pretty much everything is getting rebuilt, I'm thinking I might as well replace the bushings here as well. Any thoughts on these bushing kits, or other alternatives to consider?

Rotors - I need a full TT set. There are many on ebay, anyone have any thoughts as to which set might good, or which ones to stay away from?

Pads - Haven't really looked into this, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Diff mount bushings - I've seen some pics of the diff, but none with the bushings. I'm thinking it's a good idea to replace these, but was wondering if anyone has gone through this, and what their feedback was when they pulled their diff. I'm assuming I'll add this to my Carson order, just wanted to get some feedback.

Any other area of the suspension that should be addressed? Need to make sure I get this phase's parts list complete over the next couple weeks so I can have everything ready for the shop. I'm not into suspension work, it's too hard .

Thanks again for everyone's help, I promise this will be a car that CL members would be proud of.

Last edited by bhinkle50; 08-24-07 at 07:45 AM.