Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

2IS Tein Comfort Sport Coilovers available!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-06, 10:04 AM
crzygosu87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm iono if anyone asked this yet but ... PICS PICS IPCS????
Old 07-29-06, 10:07 AM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

Anyone have a contact for Tein where I can reach them? Interested in a set of coil overs for the AWD.

-Mike
Old 07-29-06, 11:35 AM
Tanster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
^ yes I want to see pics please? How much did you spend?
I spend $2000 for the coilovers. I tried to upload some pics......but it's not working.
Old 07-29-06, 11:40 AM
akkord
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alex350
I just placed my order for some 2IS Tein Comfort Sport coilovers!!! Tein has had this product available in Japan for about 3 months now, but for some reason they haven't brought it to the US Anyways, I was able to place an order for a set, and according to the shop, they should take about 7-10 days to arrive. I can't wait to get those suckers on!!!
7-10 days to arrive from Japan...that's pretty quick...are you paying the shipping charges to get it here quicker?...usually shipments don't come in that quick from Japan...

I ordered the Function XS Coilovers...probably take a month+ to get here, but when I talked to Endlessusa they said they usually receive shipments every 10th of the month or so...hopefully my coils get here mid August...

Tanster,
How do you like the Function X Coils...I was going to get the X, but 30 way adjustable was a little overkill for me personally as I probably would not use that to its full extent....

Al503,
I asked endless about their spring rates the X is actually:
Dominic@EndlessUSA.com to me

Brian,
The rates for the Xs are 20 and 16. The rates for the X are 22 and 18.

Regards,
Dominic Chen

I believe they can do custom spring rates (at extra cost I think), but if they may have to revalve the dampeners if the spring rates are far different than the default spring rates (Function X coilovers get free revalving, all other coilvers is $100 a corner, from my understanding)
Old 07-29-06, 11:44 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Have a reason why TEIN is a crap coilover?
It's uschardcor!!! he only says negative things and criticizes everybody's things, but never has a valid explanation for anything Go figure...

This will be the first time I buy anything fron Tein, but they were awarded that "ISO9001" quality award that companies are given for making high quality products, so I think their products should be of good quality. Besides, a LOT of the CL members here like rominl, have Tein coilovers and highly recommend them, so I think they shouldn't be of questionable performance.
Old 07-29-06, 11:46 AM
Tanster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by al503
Just about to pull the trigger myself on these. The springs are 20 and 16 KG, which is really stiff. How's the ride? Is it possible to get it near stock on the softest setting?
I have the 6 way adjustable setting. I have it on the 3rd setting. It's a little stiffer. I got the sports package on my IS350. My mechanic told me to drive it for about 60 miles....let the springs settle. He told me if it is too stiff still....he can adjust it to setting 1 or 2. Setting 1 which is the soft setting.
Old 07-29-06, 11:48 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=akkord]7-10 days to arrive from Japan...that's pretty quick...are you paying the shipping charges to get it here quicker?...usually shipments don't come in that quick from Japan...

You're right on the money akkord!! I either had to wait 3 months for "regular shipment" or pay an additional fee to get them shipped here in 7-10 days, so I went with the latter. It is actually pretty high, but I just couldn't wait any longer
Old 07-29-06, 11:54 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cbbkrayz
Anyone have a contact for Tein where I can reach them? Interested in a set of coil overs for the AWD.

-Mike
Hey Mike,

I don't know if Tein has a product for the AWD version, but maybe they can provide you with some information in case that one of their existing products can be installed or slightly modified to fit your car. Here's their number: 562/861-9161, for customer service press #1. Good luck!!
Old 07-29-06, 11:58 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SPEED&ECO.
OMG YES....................... i've been waiting so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder if they have the new EDFC also since i dont want to take off the covers everytime!
I know the CS coilovers are EDFC compatible, but I don't know if Tein is releasing a new EDFC controller unit. You know what? I'm going to call them and ask... I might even buy it too!!
Old 07-29-06, 11:58 AM
Tanster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by akkord
7-10 days to arrive from Japan...that's pretty quick...are you paying the shipping charges to get it here quicker?...usually shipments don't come in that quick from Japan...

I ordered the Function XS Coilovers...probably take a month+ to get here, but when I talked to Endlessusa they said they usually receive shipments every 10th of the month or so...hopefully my coils get here mid August...

Tanster,
How do you like the Function X Coils...I was going to get the X, but 30 way adjustable was a little overkill for me personally as I probably would not use that to its full extent....

Al503,
I asked endless about their spring rates the X is actually:
Dominic@EndlessUSA.com to me

Brian,
The rates for the Xs are 20 and 16. The rates for the X are 22 and 18.

Regards,
Dominic Chen

I believe they can do custom spring rates (at extra cost I think), but if they may have to revalve the dampeners if the spring rates are far different than the default spring rates (Function X coilovers get free revalving, all other coilvers is $100 a corner, from my understanding)
I have the Function Xs. The 6 way adjustable...not the 30 way adjustable. The sale guy told me that the 30 way adjustable is more for racing. The 6 way will be fine the streets. I have it on setting 3. It's a little stiffer than the stock sports package on the IS350.
Old 07-29-06, 12:02 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by crzygosu87
hmmm iono if anyone asked this yet but ... PICS PICS IPCS????
Don't worry!! I'm one of the "pro-pic" members here, so as soon as I get them I will take some pics for you all
Old 07-29-06, 06:59 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

How much are the Function X coilovers? Are the 6-way vs 30-way adjustables ones similar to Tiens CS vs SS?
Old 07-29-06, 07:20 PM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by Tanster
I spend $2000 for the coilovers. I tried to upload some pics......but it's not working.
Where's the pics? ?
Old 07-29-06, 07:22 PM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by Alex350
It's uschardcor!!! he only says negative things and criticizes everybody's things, but never has a valid explanation for anything Go figure...
I want to know why are they crap coilover?
Old 07-29-06, 07:25 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

I want to know why are they crap coilover?
Me toooo.. WHY?????

also Please post some PIXXX

I want to see the tein's and the zeal's. Cmon !!

Quick Reply: 2IS Tein Comfort Sport Coilovers available!!!