Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Is350 Endless Brake!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-06, 11:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow very nice! so you got the 4 corner setup? it's going to be 6/4 pots? tht's so sweet man
Old 06-21-06, 11:53 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uschardcor
so basically you are changing your car around what he likes? *sigh* not sure how one brand can dominate a car model. maybe a specific wheel but brand? hell actually brand division. wow

I am sure I am paying for the service and goods just like everyone here when doing our shopping, and I am sure my salesman is doing a great job as a sales advisor and also providing good suggestions and best services just like from a buddy.

If I can, I really want to refer more jobs to him for those who is seeking good modification works around San Jose area in California, or maybe mail sales.

It is true that Volk’s are overflowed among our new ISs, and there are so many pretty JDM wheels that are not available here in US. I initially started with a rare Volk's model, but my friend brought up the good point and I stopped. I went through hundreds of wheel pics, and now I am leaving the decision to the Pro because there are so many problems when importing only ONE SET of wheel from JP and do the communication late in night, especially with big brake kit.

I think any salesman will do their best to get the deal done fast... but I just feel thankful to have such a buddy.

Last edited by josephdoc; 06-22-06 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-22-06, 12:18 AM
a.k.aws.
Driver

wow...gangster...

i had a set on my old car. never gonna spend it again lol. seriosuly not necessary
Old 06-22-06, 12:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by josephdoc
I am sure I am paying for the service and goods just like everyone here when doing our shopping, and I am sure my salesman is doing a great job as a sales advisor and also providing good suggestions and best services just like from a buddy.

If I can, I really want to refer more jobs to him for those who is seeking good modification works around San Jose area in California, or maybe mail sales.

It is true that Volk’s are overflowed among our new ISs, and there are so many pretty JDM wheels that are not available here in US. I initially started with a rare Volk's model, but my friend brought up the good point and I stopped. I went through hundreds of wheel pics, and now I am leaving the decision to the Pro because there are so many problems when importing only ONE SET of wheel from JP and do the communication late in night, especially with big brake kit.

I think any salesman will do their best to get the deal done fast... but I just feel thankful to have such a buddy.
i am in santa clara, maybe one day
Old 06-22-06, 12:57 AM
flyfl1pguy

OMG! Those will sooo sick on your car. . Can't wait to see it. . .
Old 06-22-06, 05:09 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Will you be tracking the car?
Old 06-22-06, 05:19 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

i know one person already has some endless brakes on their 2IS. i didn't like them (teal on whatever color car he had was horrible, but i'd get them in something aside from teal). personally i like stoptech brakes. cheaper and not like your loosing any real performance andretti

so...what body kit are you looking at?
Old 06-22-06, 06:30 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was under the impression that our OEM brakes were more than decent, is it really worth spending 3gs to fix something that's not really broken??
Old 06-22-06, 06:41 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tony1
I was under the impression that our OEM brakes were more than decent, is it really worth spending 3gs to fix something that's not really broken??
I totally agree with you. I think its a complete waste of money buying a big brake kit. The brakes work wonderful on the IS350, no need to change them unless you are autocrossing, etc.
Old 06-22-06, 08:22 AM
rys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I totally agree with you. I think its a complete waste of money buying a big brake kit. The brakes work wonderful on the IS350, no need to change them unless you are autocrossing, etc.
I agree as well, those endless brakes look about the same size as the brakes on my IS350. Now, if the brakes on the IS250 are smaller (and I believe they are), then that would make sense for IS250 owners.

On the IS350 it's just an excuse to blow $3700. I have never had any brake fade and I've run the car pretty hard in the Canyons of Malibu.

-Brian
Old 06-22-06, 08:26 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony1
It really isn't necessary even if you autocross. The 13.2" rotors on the sport models are more than adequate for anything but intermediate or advanced HPDE's and track days.

BBK's are expensive but imagine slowing a 4000 lb (~3600 + ~400 for driver and instructor) car repeatedly from 120 down to 30 (front straight into turn one at PIR) in a matter of a few seconds and repeating that over and over. BBK's are overbuilt to handle that heat and stress while the stock brakes really aren't designed for that kind of punishment.

It's also nice for the eye candy factor when you're not racing.
Old 06-22-06, 08:37 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rys
I agree as well, those endless brakes look about the same size as the brakes on my IS350. Now, if the brakes on the IS250 are smaller (and I believe they are), then that would make sense for IS250 owners.
-Brian
Besides the actual diameter of the discs, you have to look at several other things:
1. The rotors will be slotted. This allows any gases that might build up between the pad and rotor to escape for better performance. They look good also.
2. Aluminum hats: the rotors are actually made out of two different materials. The hat is made out of aluminum that helps keep the heat from your bearings and also reduces unsprung rotational mass.
3. Thicker rotors: the rotors are usually thicker and have more mass for extra heat capacity.
4. Venting: the rotors usually have better venting ability to dissipate the heat more efficiently.
Old 06-22-06, 08:39 AM
rys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by al503
Besides the actual diameter of the discs, you have to look at several other things:
1. The rotors will be slotted. This allows any gases that might build up between the pad and rotor to escape for better performance. They look good also.
2. Aluminum hats: the rotors are actually made out of two different materials. The hat is made out of aluminum that helps keep the heat from your bearings and also reduces unsprung rotational mass.
3. Thicker rotors: the rotors are usually thicker and have more mass for extra heat capacity.
4. Venting: the rotors usually have better venting ability to dissipate the heat more efficiently.
Trust me, I know all about BBKs, my other vehicle is running a Wilwood kit.

I just don't see any inadequecies in the IS350's stock braking system. Slotted or not, thicker rotors or not, the rotors on my sport package IS350 are just fine.

-Brian
Old 06-22-06, 08:40 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rys
On the IS350 it's just an excuse to blow $3700. I have never had any brake fade and I've run the car pretty hard in the Canyons of Malibu.

-Brian
Perhaps but couldn't you say the same about any mod?

Hopefully, you'll never experience fade but what if you do at the wrong time? BBK's are expensive but if you're doing some serious canyon carving or tracking, it's good insurance IMO.
Old 06-22-06, 08:45 AM
rys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by al503
Perhaps but couldn't you say the same about any mod?

Hopefully, you'll never experience fade but what if you do at the wrong time? BBK's are expensive but if you're doing some serious canyon carving or tracking, it's good insurance IMO.
I get my good insurance through State Farm, thanks

I don't say the same about any mod, I do however say this about this mod when $3700 / $37000 = 10%. If you want to spend 10% of the base price of the vehicle on brakes that will hardly get any use, be my guest.

I do carve up the canyons from time to time, but the runs aren't long enough to fade the brakes being as big as they come. If I lived in Europe and could run a canyon for 5-10 miles, maybe that'd be a different story, but even then I'd be worried about the Endless kit fading in that sort of situation.

-Brian

Quick Reply: Is350 Endless Brake!!