Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need Help Weird Grinding Sound!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-06, 07:37 AM
MrJAAY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help Weird Grinding Sound!!!!

Need suggestions on what this could be???

this problem occured around 3 weeks ago,,, it was pretty rare, came on here and there, but now its all the time!!!

I get this clonking/crack/grinding sound everytime i press the brakes.... or every time i just move my steering wheel left or right!!!!.... sometimes just going over bumpy roads!!!!!!

it sounded like my heat shields were rubbing against the rotor, but not the case,(ITS THAT KINDA OF SOUNDS) Its soo embarrassing when i come 2 stop next 2 a car witht their windows down, MY CAR SOUNDS LIKE A ****BOX I got a look from the guy like WTF is wrong with ur car... ?????

My mechanic found the sway brackets were broken, i got new brackets, steering got tighter but sound is still there!!! He doesn't know whats wrong, everything looks fine and tight!

I Have supra TT front upgrade, checked the caliper and pads, everything is tight and fine!!

Took it 2 lexus, but they refuse 2 touch the car because of the front brake mod, they say its not factory so they can't comment! BUT ITS NOT THE BRAKES, i'm 100% sure,

my car has 87k on it.
any wear and tear things i should know about at my milage??????

Any suggestions of what the problem could be?