Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

new pics with teins flex w/edfc

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-06, 06:53 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default new pics with teins flex w/edfc

how do you guys like the new lower ride height on the flex

tell me what you think of my new mounting position of the edfc.. it was a custom job removing the ashtray(i never smoke in my car) i had the lighter put in for some times while running on the hwy i mount my radr dec up high so for that i use the power cord , city driving it sits low on the dash and thats hard wired

i must say so far the flex has given me the benefit of both worlds in terms of all out performance and ride comfort when i want.. at full hard it feels as tight as my old bilstein pss but with more controlled damping , at full soft its almost stock like but still offers great handling , when set somewhere in the middle it feels like a modded m5.. having the ability to adjust ride height sep from spring preload is a great design for no matter how low you go you always retain full susp travel (less bounce and jounce).. i talked with a teins engineer for awhile who helped me set the best preload and height config to suit my dribving style

heres the edfc new location right in front of me i wanted it there for i am constantly fiddling with the settings depending on if i am in the heat of a run or on hwy or local roads and heck the display matches the colors of the radio and climate control so it fit right in

heres some pics showing how low i am an get this , i am only dropped barely a inch up front , to those who wanted to see the roll center adapters mounted i will upload later but yes because of the adpters i only needed to go down maybe 1 1/4 in on the coils from factory height so i have no bumpsteer or camber problems and i have barely a broken finger gap up front and just about zero in the rear

so far the flex seems to be working for me

a huge shout out to my buddy wringo , thanks bro for the ride in orlando , your set up is what convinced me to buy these immed thanks again bro and see you in 3 weeks at the summer meet
Old 06-14-06, 06:58 AM
maintrain
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love it!!
Old 06-14-06, 07:40 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, your ride looks like a true performance GS. With the drop, wheels, and those BIG *** brakes it just looks so good together. Nice setup, makes me want to start spending cash!!!!!!
Old 06-14-06, 07:48 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was thinking about how it would look with matching woodgrain over your custom piece. Might mask the different color and texture, but the car looks awesome as always.
Old 06-14-06, 07:51 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful GS!!! So clean!
Old 06-14-06, 07:54 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by STONER
i was thinking about how it would look with matching woodgrain over your custom piece. Might mask the different color and texture, but the car looks awesome as always.

thanks for the tip but if you look closer it was made to match the color of the surround not radio and climate control , it was made to be recessed in there so it matchs the color there which is darker
Old 06-14-06, 07:57 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

It's definitely riding lower that the old bilsteins, and the stance of the car is looking more aggressive too. Congrats Ed on the updgrades, and it sounds like you're very happy with the change to the Flex.
Old 06-14-06, 07:59 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks alot better. I can tell big time the difference in drop.
Old 06-14-06, 08:42 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Stance looks awesome

Jonny
Old 06-14-06, 08:48 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The car sits great. Gotta love coilovers... I've adjusted mine three times, the car gets lower each time!

Would love to hear/see more about the roll center adjusters. I would imagine they wouldn't be too difficult to make, given a CNC mill...
Old 06-14-06, 08:56 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

The stance looks nice and aggressive! I'm lovin' it
Old 06-14-06, 08:58 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Tein Flex and Drop!

Ed, I'm glad that your happy with your new set up! Your car looks so amazing! That's a nice choice on the EDFC install! It looks really nice and clean there. I'm interested in doing the whole bushing swap along with the roll center adapters! Thank's to you and Adrian, I'm hoping to have everything(brakes) buttoned up at the JM meet! I'll keep you posted! Definitely one of Florida's Finest! You gave me inspiration with your GS!

Last edited by Wringo; 06-14-06 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-14-06, 09:19 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Lovin the mean stance!! I also love the wheels on that
Old 06-14-06, 09:44 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice drop man. Lookin' good
Old 06-14-06, 11:21 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Looks great Ed. I like the EDFC install, although it may be a bit difficult to get to at times being that it is mounted that low, but looks great none the less Can we get some smaller pics so we can see the whole car. I couldnt see the whole car on my tiny 19" LCD

Quick Reply: new pics with teins flex w/edfc