Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Hot News!!! Tein and Road Magnet Coilovers for the 2IS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-06, 02:48 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Hot News!!! Tein and Road Magnet Coilovers for the 2IS!!!

Last Thursday I contacted Tein to find out if they had new information about the coilovers for the 2IS. I spoke to a guy called Paul and he told me that they are already completed and are just waiting for the first production batch to be completed in Japan and sent to U.S.

Paul said that probably in about a month, but definitely before summer, they should have the coilovers ready for sale. He recommended to check their website (www.tein.com) and in the section where they have the specs about the 2IS and it says "now in development" they will display a part number. As soon as the part number is displayed, one can contact their local Tein authorized shop and place an order to guarantee that you will get the coilovers from their first batch. Paul didn't know the pricing of the coilovers but stated that they should run for approximately $1,400.00 and told me that they will be EDFC compatible (which means that the dampening can be adjusted via a separately sold unit that goes inside the vehicle).
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I also spoke to Mark Habicht from Road Magnet and he gave me even better news!!! (For those of you who don't recognize the brand, Road Magnet is the brand of springs/coilovers that Team Lexus used on their orange color, racing IS 300s, a set of racing Lexus IS 300s in Puerto Rico and also on the royal blue 2IS that is currently being shown at the auto shows which some of you might be familiar with) .

Mark told me that they already developed a set of springs for the 2IS and they should be available for sale within the next few weeks. These springs are guaranteed to lower the car EVENLY (the front and rear will be equal in height) and keep the ride quality of the original OEM springs!!! They are also guaranteed NOT to settle regardless of the weight applied to them (some aftermarket springs have a tendency to continue lowering over time, and affect ride quality and even cause rubbing issues... I experienced this myself with a set of Eibach springs I purchased in the past for my Corolla). The BEST part of it all is that if you buy their springs and are not 100% satisfied, they will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to ensure you're fully satisfied, including replacing springs for stiffer/softer applications and even giving you a FULL REFUND on them!! .

Mark said that they are so confident in their product, they can even work out some kind of arrangement with the people who have already bought other brand name aftermarket springs/coilovers (and are not happy with them) in which you can send them the springs and they will provide Roadmagnet springs/coilovers that will OUTPERFORM anything else on the market .... (I forgot to ask Mark, but I assume that they would charge you some $ for it)

Road Magnet has not developed coilovers for the 2IS yet (the ones on the royal blue 2IS were provided to Team Lexus just for show but are not for driving), but Mark said that they can develop them pretty quick. All Mark needs are some volunteers to contact him and provide your car for R&D for a couple of days and that's it!! The volunteers WILL be provided with a FREE set of the coilovers for "their trouble"

If you're asking yourself this sounds too good to be true....well IT IS TRUE!!! The company that develops Road Magnet has been in business for over 100 years and has developed springs for all kinds of military and racing vehicles. They developed the Road Magnet brand in 2003, in order to cater the needs of people like us looking for a good quality set of springs/coilovers and are 100% confident in the quality of their product. They use the best materials and do a lot of R&D to ensure quality in each spring they manufacture. They are starting to expand their aftermarket spring/coilover department and that's why Mark is going "all the way" to get the word of mouth going and establish themselves as one of the top aftermarket spring manufacturers. Road Magnet guarantees their springs to not only provide you with the look you want for your car, but also perform A++++ on road driving conditions and you'll never see their product state "for off-road/show use only" because they know the vast majority of us drive our cars everyday and want a good ride quality as well.

Road Magnet does not develop shocks at the time, but Mark said that he can provide recommendations on several brands upon request.

Well, I guess I'll stop for now, but if you have any questions feel free to contact Mark Habicht from Road Magnet at 410/686-9100 or leave a message at their website (www.roadmagnet.com). Mark was awesome and took the time to answer all my questions and let me tell you, this guy knows a TON about springs!!! Let's get this going so we can all benefit from a high quality set of coilovers for our beloved 2ISs!!!

Last edited by Alex350; 04-16-06 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-16-06, 03:08 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the part about lowering the car EVENLY. Looking forward to it.
Old 04-16-06, 03:23 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

road magnet is one of those companies that make incredible products in low mfg runs, so not everyone knows them.
Old 04-16-06, 03:33 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The road magnet springs sound like a good way to go. The only negative for me is that I want to lower the front a touch more than the rear as the gap is larger in the front.
Old 04-16-06, 03:38 PM
blkIS350
Driver

The Road Magnet sounds worth trying for sure! What's the risk? If you an not happy send it back. I wish I lived in MD because I would definitely give my car up for a few days to have a free set of coilovers. I hope someone in that market can do this soon!
Old 04-16-06, 03:51 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Any idea on how much the drop for the Road Magnet springs will be? I think when he said "evenly" that means it should drop the front a lil more then the rears.
Old 04-16-06, 04:34 PM
argabaga
Driver School Candidate

What are the differences the different coilovers anyways? Road magnet claims theirs will be the best, and it seems their price is listed at around 200 -400 for a set.... and then there are ones like teins which are 1k+, even up to 2k or so, what makes them that much more expensive?
Old 04-16-06, 06:12 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by blkIS350
The Road Magnet sounds worth trying for sure! What's the risk? If you an not happy send it back. I wish I lived in MD because I would definitely give my car up for a few days to have a free set of coilovers. I hope someone in that market can do this soon!

Guess who's car they used on the first set...
Old 04-16-06, 06:16 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by al503
The road magnet springs sound like a good way to go. The only negative for me is that I want to lower the front a touch more than the rear as the gap is larger in the front.
If you read carefully, he said that the new springs will even out the gaps front and back. I assume that they will drop the front a bit more than the rear....
Old 04-16-06, 06:46 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350_PHIL
If you read carefully, he said that the new springs will even out the gaps front and back. I assume that they will drop the front a bit more than the rear....
Not to be argumentative and that's what he could have meant but he didn't actually say anything about the gap. He said:

"These springs are guaranteed to lower the car EVENLY (the front and rear will be equal in height) "

I guess my lack of reading comprehension requires a little more straighforwardness/simplicity like:

"These springs are guaranteed to lower the car EVENLY (the front and the rear gaps will be equal.)"
Old 04-16-06, 07:09 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrMark
Guess who's car they used on the first set...
team lexus
Old 04-16-06, 07:10 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by argabaga
What are the differences the different coilovers anyways? Road magnet claims theirs will be the best, and it seems their price is listed at around 200 -400 for a set.... and then there are ones like teins which are 1k+, even up to 2k or so, what makes them that much more expensive?
tein springs go for about 200-400. their dampers go for 14+ and such. just like road magnets will if they even make dampers for our car
Old 04-16-06, 07:18 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by uschardcor
team lexus

They developed the IS250 springs on my car. I've had them for a week and they ride fantastic. Drop is about 2" all the way around.....even drop.
Old 04-16-06, 07:45 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrMark
They developed the IS250 springs on my car. I've had them for a week and they ride fantastic. Drop is about 2" all the way around.....even drop.
Can you please post pics of your car with the Road Magnet springs on??

Also, would you mind being one of the "volunteers" for the coilovers?? I'm dying (as well as many people here are) to get some coilovers for my IS and your "sacrifice" will not be in vain
Old 04-16-06, 08:25 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

hmmm... im in MD.... Maybe I'll give him a ring. I have no problem giving them my car to use as a test car for a free set of coilovers. haha

Quick Reply: Hot News!!! Tein and Road Magnet Coilovers for the 2IS!!!