Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lexbox Mods II

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 01:13 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default OBX Clear Sidemarkers

These were really easy to swap. I went in through the fog light while I was upgrading to the 9005 Silverstars.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods II-img_0015-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 03-11-06 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-09-06, 01:13 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Default M4 License plate bulbs

Night shot of the Polarg M4 license plate bulbs. Looks a million times better.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods II-img_0011-medium-1.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 03-30-06 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-09-06, 02:20 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Donz Columbos!

I can't wait to see them on your car! I have the Platinum series as well and love it! I think the CL stickers would look better in the windows.I would let the Platinum Badges stand alone!
Old 03-09-06, 03:21 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nicee bro i like the license plate lights bro

you got the website for them?
Old 03-09-06, 03:28 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW you are now a Mod ***** haha gJ

cant wait to see more post and pixs from you .... Gjgjgjgjg
Old 03-09-06, 04:59 PM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexbox
Night shot of the M4's license plate bulbs. Looks a million times better.
I had any extra pack of Polarg M4s so after seeing this I had to pop them in after work. Defintely looks a lot better.
Old 03-10-06, 12:03 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wringo
I can't wait to see them on your car! I have the Platinum series as well and love it! I think the CL stickers would look better in the windows.I would let the Platinum Badges stand alone!

Yea, I've had my Columbos on for a month or so, in black, staggered 20" purchased from Adrian (bluelex) and I luv 'em so far. I need to get some pics up as soon as I get some paint work done.

This is an awesome thread, by the way. I like seeing the entire progression of your ride.

Question: concerning your head unit...I have the IVA-D300.... what additional features does the 310 have??
Old 03-10-06, 01:55 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

do you have stock HID's on your car and changed them out? or.. was it just the regular halogen bulbs and you got bulbs to look like HID's? also, for your daytime running lights, what bulbs did you use? do they come out bluish or do they still retain that stock yellowish tint? i have aftermarket daytime running lights and they come out with that yellowish tint, but when i put my hi-beams on, they appear to match my HID's...? do i need new bulbs or is there no way of getting around this? also, i like the new pictures, can't wait to see some wheels on the ride
Old 03-11-06, 01:19 PM
BLK98GS3
Lead Lap

It sounds like you changed your high beams. Did you change the little wedge bulbs at the bottom?
Old 03-14-06, 12:19 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ebruce2
This is an awesome thread, by the way. I like seeing the entire progression of your ride.

Question: concerning your head unit...I have the IVA-D300.... what additional features does the 310 have??
I tried looking it up but it doesnt appear like there is much of a difference from what I can tell.

Originally Posted by Kharizma
do you have stock HID's on your car and changed them out? or.. was it just the regular halogen bulbs and you got bulbs to look like HID's? also, for your daytime running lights, what bulbs did you use? do they come out bluish or do they still retain that stock yellowish tint? i have aftermarket daytime running lights and they come out with that yellowish tint, but when i put my hi-beams on, they appear to match my HID's...? do i need new bulbs or is there no way of getting around this? also, i like the new pictures, can't wait to see some wheels on the ride
Unfortunately, I just have the regular headlights. The daytime running lights are also 9005 Silverstars, but if you are referring to the little bulb in the same housing, I am using Polarg M6's. They are definitely not yellowish. If anything they are ever so slightly blueish. Yeah Derrick Emailed me the other day and let me know if was going to be a little bit longer. Man this wait is killing me.

Originally Posted by BLK98GS3
It sounds like you changed your high beams. Did you change the little wedge bulbs at the bottom?
I did in fact change the wedge bulbs. I am using Polarg M6's.
Old 03-14-06, 12:24 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Default Limo Tint

Add another one to the list. I had to get the windows tinted real dark before the black Donz Columbo's came so they would match. Only set me back a cool $150. Still haven't put the rotors on or painted the calipers white with the black caliper decals.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods II-limo-tint-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 03-30-06 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-14-06, 12:30 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Default Tripplite PA375 Inverter

I thought the PA160 would work but it would not turn on the Xbox even though the packaging claims it would. I called Tripplite and explained what was going on and the guy says he has not heard of this issue before and blaimed it on the square sine wave. lol So I just ordered the next size up which is the PA375 and it works perfectly. Must be the 320gb 7200rpm drive that made the PA160 not be able to turn on the Xbox. Oh well. I will post a pic of the modded Xbox once I have it installed the way I want it. In my last car I wired the inverter off of the 0 gauge I had in the car, since I do not have the new 0 gauge kit wired in yet, I wired it directly to the battery with 8 gauge Stinger HPM wire. Piece of cake. Just cut the cigarette lighter plug, the center pin is the hot wire and the outside is your ground.
Attached Thumbnails Lexbox Mods II-inverter-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Lexbox; 03-14-06 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-14-06, 02:01 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Add another one to the list. I had to get the windows tined real dark before the black Donz Columbo's came so they would match. Only set me back a cool $150. Still haven't put the rotors on or painted the calipers white with the black caliper decals.

So how is the Alabama PD gonna react to your limo tint? How are they on mods in Bama period? I will be down there in a few months so I need a heads up.
Old 03-14-06, 02:56 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

I thought the PA160 would work but it would not turn on the Xbox even though the packaging claims it would. I called Tripplite and explained what was going on and the guy says he has not heard of this issue before and blaimed it on the square sine wave. lol So I just ordered the next size up which is the PA375 and it works perfectly. Must be the 320gb 7200rpm drive that made the PA160 not be able to turn on the Xbox. Oh well. I will post a pic of the modded Xbox once I have it installed the way I want it. In my last car I wired the inverter off of the 0 gauge I had in the car, since I do not have the new 0 gauge kit wired in yet, I wired it directly to the battery with 8 gauge Stinger HPM wire. Piece of cake. Just cut the cigarette lighter plug, the center pin is the hot wire and the outside is your ground.

hey bro, totally OT but i just have to ask, what the hell are those OCD type placed little packages all in your glovebox on the left? lol
Old 03-14-06, 03:12 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Automan
So how is the Alabama PD gonna react to your limo tint? How are they on mods in Bama period? I will be down there in a few months so I need a heads up.
I have no idea about the tint. I asked the tint guy and he said that the police are really lax about tint because he has only removed it two or three times for tickets. The cops could care less about mods and we have no smog checks or anything like that.

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
hey bro, totally OT but i just have to ask, what the hell are those OCD type placed little packages all in your glovebox on the left? lol
This is going to sound really funny and the two groups are totally unrelated. On the far left are condoms and next to them are wet wipes. Either way, you never know whats going to happen.

Quick Reply: Lexbox Mods II