Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Whos Got Some Brembo Experience For Me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 01:48 PM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Whos Got Some Brembo Experience For Me?

I know this has been talked about a lot, but most people have opinions not experience. I want to replace all 4 rotors this spring with Brembo Sport X drilled from Tirerack or some other place that sells real ones not knockoffs. So who of you out there have bought them and put them on all fours or at least fronts. I have a GS400 and I don't race or drive that hard. These will just be OEM replacement size so they look good with my 18" rims. Also which pads will work good for a little extra bite but of course no too much dust, squeak, blah blah blah. I hear that drilled rotors are weaker, but slotted rotors tear your pads up??? Has anyone had some good experience with these?? I thought Brembo was suppose to be good quality? Pleas help me guys! Thanks
Old 01-05-06, 11:40 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GUNRU-GS4
I know this has been talked about a lot, but most people have opinions not experience. I want to replace all 4 rotors this spring with Brembo Sport X drilled from Tirerack or some other place that sells real ones not knockoffs. So who of you out there have bought them and put them on all fours or at least fronts. I have a GS400 and I don't race or drive that hard. These will just be OEM replacement size so they look good with my 18" rims. Also which pads will work good for a little extra bite but of course no too much dust, squeak, blah blah blah. I hear that drilled rotors are weaker, but slotted rotors tear your pads up??? Has anyone had some good experience with these?? I thought Brembo was suppose to be good quality? Pleas help me guys! Thanks
Here a shot of my GS with the Brembo's
Attached Thumbnails Whos Got Some Brembo Experience For Me?-mvc-012s.jpg  
Old 01-05-06, 11:41 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GUNRU-GS4
Aaand closer
Attached Thumbnails Whos Got Some Brembo Experience For Me?-mvc-013s.jpg  
Old 01-06-06, 12:39 PM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Drilled and slotted Brembo rotors from Irotors.com. I also got the Stainless Steel Braided brake lines. I am very happy with the performance.
Old 01-08-06, 07:50 AM
FuzzyMD
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know SS brake lines helps the brake feels but does the Brembo rotors alone actucally helps shortern the braking distance(since it is the same diameters as stock? not sure, guessing)?
Old 01-11-06, 10:59 AM
Delta
Driver School Candidate

I have the brembo cross drilled rotors and goodridge ss brake lines and couldn't be happier. Put them in myself and have had no problems. You will have increased pedal feel , less fade, and increased stopping power. The cross - drilled rotors allow the pad to bite into it when you press on the brakes and the pad makes contact with the rotor. It does make a difference. I like em.
Old 01-11-06, 03:25 PM
StopTech
Driver School Candidate

Pads will change the feel of the brakes more than rotors. The co-efficient of friction that the pads have vary much more between pads than between plain rotors and slotted/drilled rotors.

Here is where you can find the physics formulas of brake systems for those that are interested. http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/fo...g_dynamics.pdf
Old 01-30-06, 05:59 PM
WillieGS3
Driver

I have the brembo drilled rotors and goodridge ss brake lines with EBC green pad. Result warping on front rotors within 3 months of normal use. Replaced with the same new rotors, 5 months later warping problem again?

Anyway I will try a different brand rotor manufacturer in New Jersey ( RacingBrake.com) which most likely will get a better performance than Brembo. They also make Big brake Kit BMW's, Infinity, Evo, and so on. I spoked with RB and they said they started developing 2 piece rotors for Lexus GS 300/400/430 and will be available March or early April.

It will be good upgrade for those of you keeping your stock calipers.
Old 01-30-06, 07:36 PM
Vette Boy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FuzzyMD
...does the Brembo rotors alone actucally helps shortern the braking distance(since it is the same diameters as stock?...
No, they will not. Rotors of the same size/mass have the same thermal capacity. Stock brakes downfall isn't one 60-0mph stop, it's several 60-0 stops that kill them. They'll overheat quickley. I don't know how bad the stock GS brakes are, but most sedans sold in America can't do a single 100-0mph stop without the brakes overheating. The aftermarket brake kits have larger rotors and pads, that what makes one set of brakes better than another. Holes don't do anything except lighten the rotors and make them more prone to fading and warping.
Old 01-30-06, 07:38 PM
Vette Boy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WillieGS3
I...I spoked with RB and they said they started developing 2 piece rotors for Lexus GS 300/400/430 and will be available March or early April....
These may be a great visual upgrade, but they will not have better stopping power than a set of $84 rotors from Autozone.
Old 02-02-06, 08:52 PM
suge66
Pole Position

I have the drilled/slotted and i love them. I really noticed the difference when it rains. They seem to bite faster than the oem. Just my .o2
Old 02-02-06, 10:11 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

i'm gettin' my slotted/cross drilled rotors put in tomorrow hopefully there won't be problems with warping or anything, but i got a lifetime warranty so it's all good i hope
Old 02-03-06, 02:07 PM
StasGS4
Driver

Originally Posted by WillieGS3
I have the brembo drilled rotors and goodridge ss brake lines with EBC green pad. Result warping on front rotors within 3 months of normal use. Replaced with the same new rotors, 5 months later warping problem again?

Anyway I will try a different brand rotor manufacturer in New Jersey ( RacingBrake.com) which most likely will get a better performance than Brembo. They also make Big brake Kit BMW's, Infinity, Evo, and so on. I spoked with RB and they said they started developing 2 piece rotors for Lexus GS 300/400/430 and will be available March or early April.

It will be good upgrade for those of you keeping your stock calipers.
I think the problem in your case are the pads. I had EBC greenstuf pads and they warped my front OEM rotors in about three month. I would recommend resurfacing the Brembo rotors and trying different pads. In addition to that, pads are a lot cheaper.
Old 02-07-06, 09:50 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

i just got mine installed, they look a TON better, can't tell much of a difference for right now 'cause i'm goin' easy on it for a week or so to break them in and ****... i'll get pics up soon. but i recommend you get brembo~
Old 02-11-06, 07:34 PM
WillieGS3
Driver

I will shopping for a new 355mm brembo big brake tonight. The question is my wheel ofset +40mm. Looks like 4 pot is my only oftion. Hopefully this will clear my wheels? What is maximum spacer allowed just in case brembo caliper won't fit.

Quick Reply: Whos Got Some Brembo Experience For Me?