Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Supra TT upgrade Q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-05, 08:26 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra TT upgrade Q's

if i got the Supra TT brake upgrade kit... what will ihave to do in order to get it to fit with my stock 17" rims... could i juts buy an H&R spacer for the front so the caliper will clear .. or is the problem.. the diameter of the inside of the rim?? i need brakes and would like to do the Supra TT upgrade any help would be great.. thanks in advance
Old 06-06-05, 02:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam2562
if i got the Supra TT brake upgrade kit... what will ihave to do in order to get it to fit with my stock 17" rims... could i juts buy an H&R spacer for the front so the caliper will clear .. or is the problem.. the diameter of the inside of the rim?? i need brakes and would like to do the Supra TT upgrade any help would be great.. thanks in advance
all you need is spacer, if you are so inclined. at lesat 20mm or maybe 25mm
Old 06-06-05, 03:17 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think RMM sold the 15mm spacer to fit there (aka ) supra brake kit.. Maybe call them or check w/ any member that got the setup w/ stock wheels
Old 06-06-05, 06:26 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

most members on here have aftermarket rims... let alone one that has that supra TT upgrade kit
Old 06-06-05, 06:50 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

you will need at least a 20mm to 25mm to even think of clearing stockers

i will say this , do not , i repeat do not put 20+ mm spacers up front for you will throw off you front susp geometry badly.. you will be putting a tremendous amount of force on your ball joints and steering rack

get yourself a set of aftermarket wheels to clear .. there a nice set in the classified , i think they were volks and their is also a mesh set of ssr in 19in that would clear no problem
Old 06-06-05, 07:21 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

so the fitment problem would be with spacing? not the diameter of the inside of the rim?
Old 06-06-05, 07:24 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

so the fitment problem would be with spacing? not the diameter of the inside of the rim?

correct the supra tt rotor is barley 13in , a 17in rim is the min to fit the rotor but its the disk design and offset of the stockers that prevent the fitting of the calipers
Old 06-06-05, 07:40 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

where could i get the specs so i kno what size spacer to buy for the front..? i cant afford rims now.. i never was planning on buying rims really..
Old 06-06-05, 07:45 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

where could i get the specs so i kno what size spacer to buy for the front..? i cant afford rims now.. i never was planning on buying rims really..
if my memory serves me correctly the stockers have almost a +50 offset (henry please correct me if i am wrong)

you will need about a 25mm to try and fit it .. again you will eventually do more costly damage to your front end not to mention you will tramline horribly over rough roads

save your beans and get some high disk wheels even 18in then do the swap , just my suggestion bro
Old 06-06-05, 09:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yes the stock wheels are 8 +50, but that's very little information for the fitment.

i know stock wheels with 20mm will clear my ap racing brakes, and i believe the ap racing clearance is pretty close to the supra tt. that's why i think 20mm might work, but 25mm will be safer i guess
Old 06-06-05, 02:50 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
you will need at least a 20mm to 25mm to even think of clearing stockers

i will say this , do not , i repeat do not put 20+ mm spacers up front for you will throw off you front susp geometry badly.. you will be putting a tremendous amount of force on your ball joints and steering rack

get yourself a set of aftermarket wheels to clear .. there a nice set in the classified , i think they were volks and their is also a mesh set of ssr in 19in that would clear no problem
ok so whats the max spacer that should be used? Im looking to do this
Old 06-06-05, 02:53 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEXISM
ok so whats the max spacer that should be used? Im looking to do this

i personally am not a believer in using spacers to accomplish a task like this esp in the front for to me it effects the susp geometry as it was designed

but thats just me
Old 06-06-05, 04:18 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

all you need to do is get 15mm spacer and use extended studs. I have an H&R set. I used this before and it works fine. no rubbing or anything. I have a set that I have used before and am pending sale of em. I'll sell em to ya if it doesn't go through pm me if you have more questions

Last edited by HI98GS; 06-06-05 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-06-05, 04:21 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think also you might want to think about how it will look? you will have the front wheels sticking out flush to the fendor and the rear will be still sunken in. definately a weird look imo to have the front stick out more than the rears...
Old 06-06-05, 04:27 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know about what the max would be but we have drifter cars useing 25mm and up and some high horsepower cars here and around the country using spacers to fit big brakes and no issues. I would think imo that 15 would be the most i'd use upfront which when you break it down is about a little more than 1/2 inch as long as its a hubcentric spacer you should be fine. I've had no issues what so ever with mine so far but I'm only doing a 8mm up front. I've had no issues with vibrations,alignment,balancing or anything to that matter. I know VIP sedans that use bigger spacers to fit wide wheels but they only really do shows and stuff so i wouldn't exactly count that for everyday use if that what your looking for...contact LMW if you have any q's about them..

Quick Reply: Supra TT upgrade Q's