Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

drift SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-05, 10:41 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetSC
B6 is correct

Soarer_25GTT .......The Hipermax II's ride great for normal driving. I had mine at the softest setting and it was very near stock as compared to riding in my 2kSC.
I have the Zeals on the same car on the first setting and it feels the same as the stock 2k.

sc.Fred.....I dont know which one is better the RIGID or PILLOW BALL mounts. If you need more adjustibility you might want the pillow ball. My HKS were ridgid also and were fine for me.

gadgetSC-t
like i said before i'm getting mine shipped from japan so i did a little research on it and the B6/S6 offers a 6 way adjustability system.. i'm assuming they're talking about dampening. however, through the pictures that i have seen on my suspension it doesn't seem like you can easily change it like Tein's for example. in order to change the dampening do you have to use an allen wrench or some kind of other two. i'm asking this of course because i can't physically see them yet.. can't wait!
Old 08-19-05, 05:25 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The 6 way adjustability is referring to the dampening. The best part is that there are no allen wrenches required to make adjustments.
There is a small **** ontop of each coilover with the six positions clearly marked to make adjustments.
You'll be quite satisfied with the build quality. I think they are worth every penny

gadgetSC-t
Old 08-22-05, 11:16 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is what is going on my 300. we use aragosta dampers and swift springs. both the dampening and the spring rates are totally custom to order though we do have 3 ideal setups for street, drag and circuit.

for those of you that are looking to replace your coilover springs, i highly reccomend Swift springs. I have driven on just about every JDM spring and swift is by far the best. (they use them for JGTC)
Old 08-22-05, 11:27 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Roo, do you have any more info on the Swift springs? Do they only do coilover-specific springs or do they do normal lowering springs too?
Old 08-23-05, 08:13 AM
Twirl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT
Roo, do you have any more info on the Swift springs? Do they only do coilover-specific springs or do they do normal lowering springs too?
i would like to know the answere to this question as well, as well as what are the applications for these swift springs???? Do they fit on a swift specific coilover system, or will they fit on any ole coilover?
Old 08-23-05, 09:14 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

all you drifting guys might want to check out what im selling...i have a set of drifting teins....full coilovers for a good price...
Jeff
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...47#post1457547
Old 08-23-05, 09:30 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

Originally Posted by roo

this is what is going on my 300. we use aragosta dampers and swift springs. both the dampening and the spring rates are totally custom to order though we do have 3 ideal setups for street, drag and circuit.

for those of you that are looking to replace your coilover springs, i highly reccomend Swift springs. I have driven on just about every JDM spring and swift is by far the best. (they use them for JGTC)
that is a very SEXY setup.. however, how much are they? i'm assuming @ least in the 2g range..
Old 08-23-05, 09:36 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

the teins im selling are 16 kg front and 10 kg rear and are 16 way adjustable with a **** on top of the strut and there only $900

sorry for the sales pitch...but for a drifter there awesome...type HE drift spec...winding master!!!
have fun
Jeff
Old 06-25-07, 10:20 PM
whomiked
Pole Position

So, has anyone welded their diff? I'm thinking about getting mine done this weekend. I have a sc400 w/ Tein flex, daizen flca bushings, and sway bar bushings.
Old 06-26-07, 12:33 AM
nismo2trd
Pole Position

welded and D2 coilovers

WELDED DIFF FOR $50 FTW. if u do weld the diff. make sure you weld a solid ball of metal in it, LOL. the weld broke 2 times, its not fun taking the diff in and out. i support the welded diff because im from the land of the cheap (nissan community).

Last edited by nismo2trd; 06-26-07 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-26-07, 01:10 AM
whomiked
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nismo2trd
welded and D2 coilovers

WELDED DIFF FOR $50 FTW. if u do weld the diff. make sure you weld a solid ball of metal in it, LOL. the weld broke 2 times, its not fun taking the diff in and out. i support the welded diff because im from the land of the cheap (nissan community).
Yeah dude same here, my last three cars have been 240s. So can you drift your sc pretty good like that? 400 or 300? I've been trying to get mine sideways, but I have lots of understeer. Hit me up on aim or something @ whomiked
Old 06-26-07, 01:35 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

I would not recommend welding the diff in any situation. I've seen welded diff's lock at high speeds and throw cars into anything near by. Not a good time at all. If you want to drift for cheap, then get a diff out of a turbo MKIV supra. They are TRD 4 pin LSD units and work perfectly. I am land of the cheap, but also land of the smart. I used a cheap cusco 1way diff in my 180sx (240sx) and it cost me $100.
Old 06-26-07, 08:59 AM
nismo2trd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1badsoarer
I would not recommend welding the diff in any situation. I've seen welded diff's lock at high speeds and throw cars into anything near by. Not a good time at all. If you want to drift for cheap, then get a diff out of a turbo MKIV supra. They are TRD 4 pin LSD units and work perfectly. I am land of the cheap, but also land of the smart. I used a cheap cusco 1way diff in my 180sx (240sx) and it cost me $100.
i mean b4 the diff is gonna lock up u can hear it clinking. u must be retarded if u kept driving like that. plus u have to weld the diff right and seal it the cover up good with RTV. if u dont do it right ur diff will def. lock up.

and sounds to me u live in japan. used stuff are often cheap over there. us = no used cheap stuff = NEW products are the only thing i can get, if they even have it.

Last edited by nismo2trd; 06-26-07 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-26-07, 09:01 AM
nismo2trd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by whomiked
Yeah dude same here, my last three cars have been 240s. So can you drift your sc pretty good like that? 400 or 300? I've been trying to get mine sideways, but I have lots of understeer. Hit me up on aim or something @ whomiked
300, NA, 5spd, and a bad clutch thats what ur looking at.. lol, im in process of going 1jz.

third gear, 5k rpm, feint and clutch kick = no understeer.
Old 06-26-07, 07:42 PM
1badsoarer
Driver

Easiest way to combat understeer is get some great front tires (i recommend Potenza Re-01r's) enter with more speed, give yourself a few ticks of negative front camber, (I use -.02) or just do what I did with my soarer...Big turbo, plenty of speed and keep that throttle down. Dont try that last one if youre new to slidding lol

Quick Reply: drift SC