Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Question about adjusting Teins HA

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-05, 05:48 PM
GSPOWER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about adjusting Teins HA

Does anyone have any experience with adjusting the height on the Teins HA?

I want to raise my car about 1/2" but I never done that before so any instructions would be appreciated. I have the tools that it came with originally.
Old 04-25-05, 06:33 PM
Scooter99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done it quite a few times. First go to the most level, flat surface you can. Next permentley mark exaclty where your tires are (you will need to go back to this spot a few times). Then measure from the very top of the fender crest to the ground on each tire, and write it down as first measurment. If you really want to get technical you can have someone close to your weight sit in the drivers seat to get it perfect (Note: when the alignment is done, they will have to do the same thing). Next you will raise the car from the frame and remove the tires. Then loosen the jam nut and raise or lower the base nut as needed. Remember that if you raise or lower the base nut a 1/4 of an inch it will be equivilent to about an a 1/2 of an inch of actual ride hieght. Also make sure that you have an equal measurment from side to side, it does not have to be the same from front to rear, most of the time you can eyeball it or if you want take the measurment on the pinch welds for front to rear. After your first adjustment go out and drive it around the block, mabey a 1/4 mile. Then park it exactly were you had it before (hence, the marks you made). Re-adjust and repeat. Remeber to write down each measurement followed by how many turns you moved the base nut. You can count how many times you turn it by making a black mark on one side and a yellow mark 180 degrees from the black mark (the opposite side). I hope that I got everything. Let me know if you need anymore info.
Old 04-25-05, 09:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i have a step by step instructions with pictures. if you want pm me your email and i will email you