Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

need your help... deceleration sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-05, 10:01 PM
Kaine
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry need your help... deceleration sensor?

Hi guys,
i started getting some warning lights after my TEIN CS w/ EDFC install. VSC ABS VSCoff lights are now constant. The DTC code i got was a deceleration sensor malfunction. From what i understand this thing is part of the ABS and senses when the car is leaning forward (ie breaking).

my initial setup had the fronts at 6 threads from the bottom and the rears at TEIN initial setting. i think it's 0.8 drop from stock. Any ways i've tried clearing the DTCs from the ECU but its not stayong off, so i know something's wrong. thinking that the lower stance in front might cause the sensor to send out a constant signal of breaking, i lowered the rears to 8 threads. still no good.

Side notes/mishaps :

i had to disconnect all harnesses to the master brake cylinder to run the EDFC wires through the grommet of the firewall. it was getting late so i drove the vehicle into the garage from the driveway still having all the harnesses off. The car sent off a buzzing sound, and i realized what had happened. possible cause of the warning lights?

I disconnected the neg battery terminal while running wires. I have a capacitor running between the battery and my stereo amplifier, it still had a charge and i freaking hit the frame with the live wire, no blown fuses or any indication it had any effect on the car. maybe the warning lights?

1999 GS300
Any insights or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced guys.
Old 03-06-05, 10:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man sounds like you are going through a lot.... sorry to hear that...

anyway, when you installed teh tein cs, you sure you didn't damage the abs sensors at the suspension right? i know quite a few cases already that people damage the sensors and all lights start going off like christmas tree
Old 03-07-05, 07:36 AM
Kaine
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
man sounds like you are going through a lot.... sorry to hear that...

anyway, when you installed teh tein cs, you sure you didn't damage the abs sensors at the suspension right? i know quite a few cases already that people damage the sensors and all lights start going off like christmas tree
Thanks rominl,
Yeah i was extra careful not to damage any of the speed sensors. I ran a diagnostics on the abs and the whole system checks out fine. its something else thats causing the problem and in turn is causing the ECU to cut current to the abs sstem.

Old 03-07-05, 06:18 PM
Kaine
Rookie

Found and fixed the problem.

Appearantly i ruined both the front abs speed sensors. Although i took real good care of them during the install, what had happened was that i placed the bracket to the hose too far up and during a turn the wires were pulled apart.

After calling the dealer and finding out i'de have to shell out 206.00 per side, i went Mcgyver on the damn things and fixed them myself.

I've got to say the TEIN CS are awesome. on softest setting the ride is soooo much better over stock.

if you're going to lower a luxery car, do it the right way!!
Old 03-07-05, 09:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaine
Found and fixed the problem.

Appearantly i ruined both the front abs speed sensors. Although i took real good care of them during the install, what had happened was that i placed the bracket to the hose too far up and during a turn the wires were pulled apart.

After calling the dealer and finding out i'de have to shell out 206.00 per side, i went Mcgyver on the damn things and fixed them myself.

I've got to say the TEIN CS are awesome. on softest setting the ride is soooo much better over stock.

if you're going to lower a luxery car, do it the right way!!
hey glad that you found and confirmed the problem

now you can fully enjoy the coilovers