Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

More daizen sway bar noises (popping is back and now squeeking??)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 07:02 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More daizen sway bar noises (popping is back and now squeeking??)

Man if I knew these things were going to cause half this much of a headache I would have never bought them. In my last thread I was given the exact ft-lb at which to torque each and every bolt. I had the lexus tech follow this to a T and even used loctite thread locker (the highest concentration stuff).

Well what do you know... here we are not even 2 months later and now I have an almost identical rattling sound coming from my back right suspension for like the 5th time now (it went away after tightening everything up the last time and pretty much every previous time too), and now as if that wasn't enough, now I have a really loud squeeking sound coming from the front right suspension whenever I take a turn or hit a larger/wavy bump... anything enough to make the body of the car dip down on the right side.

Does anyone know if the Daizen guys are cool enough to refund money on their product, or does anyone want to buy these things off of me? I've seriously got better things to do with my time and money than to stress out over these damn things ever couple of months or so.
Old 12-28-04, 08:01 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
Man if I knew these things were going to cause half this much of a headache I would have never bought them. In my last thread I was given the exact ft-lb at which to torque each and every bolt. I had the lexus tech follow this to a T and even used loctite thread locker (the highest concentration stuff).

Well what do you know... here we are not even 2 months later and now I have an almost identical rattling sound coming from my back right suspension for like the 5th time now (it went away after tightening everything up the last time and pretty much every previous time too), and now as if that wasn't enough, now I have a really loud squeeking sound coming from the front right suspension whenever I take a turn or hit a larger/wavy bump... anything enough to make the body of the car dip down on the right side.

Does anyone know if the Daizen guys are cool enough to refund money on their product, or does anyone want to buy these things off of me? I've seriously got better things to do with my time and money than to stress out over these damn things ever couple of months or so.

bro sorry to hear your troubles your having but if i may suggest , recheck the trq values on your toms rear lower control brace where they mount to the subframe and also the 6 pc links.. i have had similar noises from time to time i re trq these mounting positions and the noises go away but after 2-3 months of hard driving they seem to loosen just enough to yield alittle noise

i doubt seriously that its the sways for they were and are well engineered pieces and if installed correctly give no trouble.. on the rears make sure your mech is using a allen key to stick on the inside of the bolt to prevent it from spinning within the nut and use a 14mm wrench and tighten down.. i have mine set at the stiffest setting and have never had to retighten them although 1 a month i take a quick look at them

again your noises might be coming from the subframe mounting positions
Old 12-28-04, 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

sorry to hear that man, but i also have no idea what can be wrong.... i have had it on my car for so long and never got any noise front and back. maybe you can try to contact daizen and see what can be wrong.

not sure about the refund part considering that it's been used for a while. if you really inclined, maybe you can sell them on classified
Old 12-28-04, 12:48 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I personally don't think its the Daizen sway bars either. The sways would clunk when hitting against the springs. If lubricated properly, the polyurethane bushings will NOT squeak.

I suspect its your other suspension rigid mods.