Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Favorite suspension setup?
HKS Hipermax II
17.96%
Tein CS
37.38%
Tein FLEX
25.73%
JIC FLTA2
18.93%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

which suspension set up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-06, 08:24 PM
DHBomber
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeez... at the prices the HKS' are at, you might as well save up another 2K and get some Motons At least you'll get some rebound adjustability.
Old 08-18-06, 07:40 AM
cloudnine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dejacky
Am I the only one alarmed after hearing this? My eyes widened and now I'm thinking twice about buying the Tein CS w/ edfc + electronic height adjustability.
Tein has electronic height adjustability now?
Old 08-18-06, 11:41 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by cloudnine
Tein has electronic height adjustability now?
They've had height adjustability, but not on their popular performanc coilovers. I remember seeing it on some mini-van looking transport vehicle.
Old 09-17-06, 08:42 PM
SC400DRFT
Driver

nism0....where did you order your Kei Office coilovers? Are your coilovers set up for road racing, drifting, or just street racing..I am a drifter and would like to know how they ride
Old 09-17-06, 10:01 PM
azian21485
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ridox
they retail for $3,818.18. yes they are height adjustable and 30way dampening adjustable. not like edfc. they come with a tool to adjust the dampening you get out of the car and adjust them. im pleased with them for the track they are verry stiff. but definately not really ment for street. they are basicly designed specifically for circuit racing. and i will be doing some roadracing/drift. i really wanted the hipermax d's but they were special order and i got these for a better price. also i believe the hipermax pros are also special order. if i were to get something else id probably get jic's (more streetable), but for now im happy with these.
please tell me those shocks are double adjustable...that's some serious coin for what looks like a single adjustable shock
Old 09-28-06, 11:46 AM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

do the tein basics have any dampening control, or are you stuck with a harsh ride?

If not adjustable, i was told the tein ss for supra fit as well, is there any modification necessary to fit the supra SS's on the SC?

Last edited by b1ackhawk; 09-28-06 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-15-06, 02:06 PM
Shrummi
Lead Lap

the bolt on 100%
Old 10-15-06, 03:36 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by P.Williams
I have the Tein CS with the EDFC. I'd never consider a different set after having these. I had a set of Supra TT Bilsteins and Eibach Pro-Kit springs. The ride quality was awful...harsh and bouncy. These springs and shocks were not well matched. My CS are definitely matched perfectly. I can't comment on the Basics or the Flex, but to make a generalization and say that "Teins shocks are not valved correct for their springs" isn't accurate. First of all, they have a wide range of adjustability, so you're going to be able to find your sweet spot.
I don't know why anyone would want anything stiffer than the CS. At it's softest setting it's softer than stock, and at it's stiffest the car will skitter over broken pavement. Also, varying the stiffness betwen front and rear will allow you to dial in oversteer or understeer. In addition to the coilovers, I also have the Daizen sways, all of the Daizen bushings, various forms of chassis bracing, and 18x8.5"fr/18.9.5"rr rims with 245/275 tires. I find this setup to be perfect for a daily driver. There's a nice sweeping highway interchange I drive nearly everyday. This is really the only spot where you'll find me breaking the speed limit. I've had encounters with numerous performance cars from WRX's, 350Z's, E46 M3's, etc. I've outhandled each of them, and did so in comfort.
Any of these coilovers will allow you to drop the car and lower the center of gravity. A nice set of sways, and a good wheel and tire combo will complete the equation. I see no need to fit a set of way-too-stiff coilovers for a minimal increase in cornering ability.

Amen!
Old 02-21-07, 03:53 PM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

i traded my flex's for cs's due to the fact that i cant stand a harsh ride anymore, i want that lexus ride quality

and these look so nice
Old 02-21-07, 11:40 PM
SCSJ
Lead Lap

haha and i traded my cs for flex me and jimmy swapped. i can't stand riding that high with cs =\.. btw jimmy are those the same cs!?!? wat in the world did u use to clean them with they look so new!!
Old 02-26-07, 03:10 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Riding high? Do these coilovers have limited height adjustment compared to other coilovers?
Old 02-26-07, 04:00 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LukeDogg
Riding high? Do these coilovers have limited height adjustment compared to other coilovers?
Yes. Just take a look at Tein's website: http://www.tein.com/lexus.html
Ride Height Adjust Ranges are identified for all of the models of tein suspension available for the SC or Supra...
Old 02-26-07, 04:13 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

damn, the CS has a weak drop
Old 02-28-07, 08:50 PM
SCSJ
Lead Lap

damn, the CS has a weak drop
exactly... =\
Old 02-28-07, 11:08 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

ill be throwing my SS on this saturday hopefully, will take pics for u guys =)

Quick Reply: which suspension set up?