Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TEIN Flex EDFC Daizen Sways

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-04, 02:33 AM
gsfour
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before installation

I know many members here have this setup. And like many of you, I'm upgrading from an upgrade. My setup right now is the Eibach/Bilstein setup. While good....I want something more and feel the need to take it to the next level. I'm also getting the Daizen Sways which have been getting great reviews here.

For the install, which is tomorrow morning, I'm going to ask them to set it to a 1-2 finger gap and medium setting for the sways. I took some video footage of the GS taking some corners, braking, and slalom with my current setup. Next week I'll tape the same maneuvers with the new setup. Hopefully the video will show some differences, but I'm not sure since I couldn't push the car too hard on public streets. I'll post vids or captures of the comparison next week.

Here's a few pics of TEIN/Daizen art and my GS400 with the current setup(Eibach/Bilstein/18"Weds Farmas/Nitto NT555 F235/40 R275/35.L-Tuned ECU).

Last edited by gsfour; 09-07-04 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-30-04, 10:31 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

This combo rocks! I'd say a big improvement over the Bilstein/Eibach setup. I've been driving with the B/E setup for about 4 years now and while it was very good, the TEIN Flex/Daizen combo is much better. Here's a few quick impressions of the new setup:

car feels lighter, especially coming out of turn (stiffer suspension probably makes the car feel lighter)
flat cornering (gotta love those green light right turns)
snappy lane changes (people will look at you, but it's so much fun)
smooth ride (even though it's stiffer, the ride is better than the B/E)
EDFC (so cool!)

OK rominl, I've been converted! Coilovers all the way! Props to TMEngineering and Exact Motorsports for the parts and install. Great vendors guys...use them!

Hopefully by this Sunday I'll have the video comparison of the two setups ready.
Old 08-30-04, 10:38 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great upgrade dude..

Where did you mount the EDFC at, any pics?
Old 08-30-04, 10:43 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

I had Exact Motorsports install it in the glove compartment where the CD magazine is usually located. Out of site out of mind for now. When I upgrade the stereo head unit, I might relocate.
Old 08-30-04, 11:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hey congrats man! welcome to the club! told you you would love the coilover setup now you trust me huh? hehee

btw, sorry i made you spend more money so what did you end up getting from TME?
Old 08-30-04, 11:44 PM
rex_racer
Driver School Candidate

u don't by any chance live in the san ramon, danville area now would u???

Last edited by rex_racer; 08-30-04 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-31-04, 12:36 AM
gsfour
Pole Position

Originally posted by rominl
hey congrats man! welcome to the club! told you you would love the coilover setup now you trust me huh? hehee

btw, sorry i made you spend more money so what did you end up getting from TME?
That's ok...the GS deserved a nice change after 4 years of the B/E setup. I bought all three parts from TME.
And yeah...I trust you now.
Old 08-31-04, 12:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by gsfour
That's ok...the GS deserved a nice change after 4 years of the B/E setup. I bought all three parts from TME.
And yeah...I trust you now.
oh man, you could have told me and i can just deliver those parts to you in person!
Old 08-31-04, 01:13 AM
gsfour
Pole Position

Originally posted by rex_racer
u don't by any chance live in the san ramon, danville area now would u???
just moved into SR little less than a year ago. you're from the area too I'm guessing....I do alot of my grocery shopping at the Blackhawk Safeway too, so I'm in Danville quite often.
Old 08-31-04, 05:23 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Congrats on the new suspension setup!! Looks like a winning combination to me - Tein Flex and Diazen sways!
Old 08-31-04, 06:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

This combo rocks! I'd say a big improvement over the Bilstein/Eibach setup. I've been driving with the B/E setup for about 4 years now and while it was very good, the TEIN Flex/Daizen combo is much better. Here's a few quick impressions of the new setup:
Big congrats!!! I remember those rims too

> car feels lighter, especially coming out of turn (stiffer suspension probably makes the car feel lighter)

The suspension components you have ARE lighter, plus because the new sways let the body lean less, the steering works better and the car turns better making it feel less ponderous, lighter.

> flat cornering (gotta love those green light right turns)

Yeah baby.

> snappy lane changes (people will look at you, but it's so much fun)

10-4.

> smooth ride (even though it's stiffer, the ride is better than the B/E)

I agree!

> EDFC (so cool!)

Yup! What settings are you using? My comfy (right preset button) setting is 14/16, my middle setting is 6/8 and my kidney stone eliminating setting is 0/0. Right now I've got it at 9/11 (just a coincidence re: Sept 2001 but I like it now out of respect!) and I like this compromise setting for day to day driving.
Old 08-31-04, 07:50 AM
rex_racer
Driver School Candidate

just moved into SR little less than a year ago. you're from the area too I'm guessing....I do alot of my grocery shopping at the Blackhawk Safeway too, so I'm in Danville quite often.
shoot, i can't remember ure name. i met u once at safeway w/ my mom. my mom is flora, i'm jon. argh, i'm sure u remember my mom haha, sorry i can't remember ure name, i'm really awful w/ names haha. never knew u were on here hehe.
Old 08-31-04, 09:43 AM
gsfour
Pole Position

Originally posted by rominl
oh man, you could have told me and i can just deliver those parts to you in person!
No worries rominl. All that stuff would have taken your entire trunk anyways. Thanks for the offer!
Old 08-31-04, 11:12 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Excellent choice for your suspension set-up. I know my TEIN CS and Daizen sways really make the GS a much better car and I'm sure your Flex-Daizen combo rocks. After installing my CS coilovers I was beginning to wonder if I should have went with the Flex, but after I got the Daizen sways installed the combination really works out just fine for me. The Daizens made the CS work much better - in fact I had to reduce my damping settings after the Daizen install. Originally I had my three presets on the EDFC at 0/0, 4/4, and 8/8. When I got the Daizens installed I changed the three settings to 0/0 ( still gotta go fast sometimes! ), 6/6 and 12/12. I think the 8/8 without the Daizens may have been more cushy than the 12/12 with the Daizens. Like I said the Daizens really made the CS work much better for me. Cheers!
Old 09-05-04, 05:20 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

Thumbs up Daizen vs. Stock sway comparison

Here's some pics of the video shoot comparison thingy I did. It's not scientific by any means but I tried to be consistent with my driving in terms of speed and the driving line. These vid captures were taken to show the most roll per test.

The first pic shows the cornering performance of the Bilstein/Eibach/Stock sway vs Tein Flex hard/med/soft / Daizen sways(stiff setting)

This pic shows the difference during a slalom maneuver

Here's a before and after side pic of the GS

Here's an angle shot of the drop

My current presets are: P1: 3_6 P2: 8_6 P3: 12:13. As expected the new setup causes less roll due to the Daizen sways. The Teins provided the increased drop, handling, and ride characteristics that I've always been looking for.

Last edited by gsfour; 09-07-04 at 09:26 PM.

Quick Reply: TEIN Flex EDFC Daizen Sways