Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

new location of edfc

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-04, 04:56 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default new location of edfc

hey guys, just relocated my edfc. i found a new painless surgical location. no drilling, dremeling, or any of that nature. only requires the removal of the air ducts located underneath the steering column. in terms of visibility and accessibility, there's no problem there. tell me what you guys think

disregard the other two threads, i had technical difficulty.
Attached Thumbnails new location of edfc-edfc.jpg  
Old 04-08-04, 05:23 PM
l3xu5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow..that looks like a good place to put it.

I wonder if a S-AFC fits in there. I doubt it cause its alot bigger. I'm trying to find a place other than the change holder/cigarette lighter area.
Old 04-08-04, 05:28 PM
ligflava
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great job

but now the wonderful "crotch vent" is out of commission. realistically speaking, isn't it difficult to read the display? or is it easy to learn so one can do it "blindfolded?"
Old 04-08-04, 05:40 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow thats a great job bro. Hope you dont mind me biting you!!! btw how much did your setup run you?
Old 04-08-04, 06:05 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw that install on JBFGS300's car the other day.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=116068

It looks like a better location than my current temp location. I may move it if I have time. Both my current location and this new location is not very visible. BUT, if you have set the three presets, you can hit those at anytime by feel.

Nice job, M.
Old 04-08-04, 07:31 PM
GSing430
Racer

ligflava, actually it's not really that hard to see, if you look straight down, you won't be able to see, but if you move you head over a couple of inch to the right, it's in full view and still have access to it.

i actually wanted to put in the ashtray first but it requires too much modifying, with this setup it's out of the way, and it realistically took about 15mins or less to do. 3 screws, and 4bolts to remove the panel and double tape right above where the display screens and you're all set. preset your settings and you're ready to take those turns.
Old 04-08-04, 07:37 PM
GSing430
Racer

uptown gs

i believe i pay $1800 for the edfc, tein flex, and daizen sways
i bought the edfc, and sways brand new and i got the flex from rominl

damn, JBFGS300, beat me to the punch. jk.. i finally found the time to do it. i try the ashtray but too much work.

thanks guys
Old 04-08-04, 09:40 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the exact same location I have mine. I can honestly say the only problem with that location is trying to adjust your settings while driving. It means taking your eyes off the road for a split second. Other than that, It's a simple install job without too many modifications... Nice work....
Old 04-10-04, 09:12 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Here's another location if you like a little custom install - my Apex'i rsm in the sunglasses compartment:

This would be a good place for the EDFC since you are not constantly adjusting it anyway and it's a plus point for chicks....
Old 04-10-04, 11:15 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Here's another location if you like a little custom install - my Apex'i rsm in the sunglasses compartment:

This would be a good place for the EDFC since you are not constantly adjusting it anyway and it's a plus point for chicks....
Well, some of us adjust it often enough.

Plus, I am not sure how deep the RSM is but if it is in the sunglasses holder, it is pretty flat. The EDFC is a few inches deep. On top of that, our US cars don't have a sunglasses compartment so we'd have to buy it an move the Homelink unit.
Old 04-11-04, 09:41 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Neo
Well, some of us adjust it often enough.

Plus, I am not sure how deep the RSM is but if it is in the sunglasses holder, it is pretty flat. The EDFC is a few inches deep. On top of that, our US cars don't have a sunglasses compartment so we'd have to buy it an move the Homelink unit.
Well gollygeee......sue me for not being cool enough to own an EDFC not to know how big it is and sue me twice for now owning the uber-cool Homelink unit....hey, at least I got a completely useless sunglasses compartment filled with a super-flat electronic unit that I have almost completely no use of....
Old 04-12-04, 11:24 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Well gollygeee......sue me for not being cool enough to own an EDFC not to know how big it is and sue me twice for now owning the uber-cool Homelink unit....hey, at least I got a completely useless sunglasses compartment filled with a super-flat electronic unit that I have almost completely no use of....
Your car is cool enough without the EDFC.
Old 04-13-04, 08:24 AM
GSing430
Racer

hey neo, on the setting, should the front be firmer than the rear or vice versa?
Old 04-15-04, 05:43 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by GSing430

hey neo, on the setting, should the front be firmer than the rear or vice versa?

ok iam new to the whole coilover thing what is a edfc and what does it do ???
Old 04-15-04, 09:54 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gives you the option of setting the stiffness of each coilover from inside the cabin. IMO a must have!!! In the bling dictionary... it raises and lowers your car w/o physically going outside and doing it.

Quick Reply: new location of edfc