Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen sways installed...my thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-04, 09:02 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Daizen sways installed...my thoughts

well after haveing the sways sitting in a box in my garage since dec 7th we finally got the sways installed a couple of days ago and i wanted 2 ride around a bit 2 get a feel 4 them and c what i really feel and thought of them......my thanx go out 2 Ed and Johnee 4 putting these in 4 me, i really appreciate it guys..thanx

Huge difference? No...its not a wow factor in my view

Great difference? Heck Ya!! i will explain why i say this..

i really wanted 2 know from a current teins cs coilover user if there would b a major difference in ride comfort since it makes the car stiffer...so since i had the cs 4 a while and now added these sways i feel i can make a judgement of my own...

install... not hard but not easy

ride quality..still awesome..no change in my comfort at all.....

reason i say its not a huge difference is cus it doesn't blow u away like man this is just the best mod ever 4 the money like some other items r......

but i say great difference cus it makes a subtle yet aggressive change 2 how u can now handle this car...and thats great.....i tested them right after i left Ed's house. i normally hit and entrance or exit ramp at around what they ask which is like 35 mayb 45 but i hit that corner easily at like 65 and actually got scared cus i'm used 2 feeling like i might lose the car and i let of the peddle a little do 2 old habit yet it resonded like a glove 2 hand and i actually felt like the car was asking 4 more...i must admitt i did cut in and out of lanes more than i normally do and the change is just so sublte like it was just meant 2 b that way from the dealer... i don't want 2 make this very long but i just want 2 say that this is a mod i would have bought even if i hadn't won it at the meet...i will give 2 2 anyone thinking of doing this...

a pic
Attached Thumbnails Daizen sways installed...my thoughts-ed-001a.jpg  

Last edited by bluelex; 02-28-04 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-28-04, 09:06 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

rear was fun 2 get in ..
Attached Thumbnails Daizen sways installed...my thoughts-ed-012a.jpg  
Old 02-28-04, 11:23 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you like them. I think sways should be 1 of 3 suspension mods that should be done together if possible, the other two being wheels and shocks/springs or coilovers. Although you can do them separately, these 3 parts work together to transform the ride quality and handling capabilities.
Old 02-29-04, 01:49 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Blue -

congrats. when you got time....go play around with the adjustable rears....i notice you got them on the less agressive setting right now.

I tried all 3 settings....i like em in the middle.

Pete
Old 02-29-04, 08:50 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wait until you get used to taking corners with them, you'll never want to stop.

Enjoy, in my book there is nothing like the curves for cars! (....or women...LOL)
Old 02-29-04, 10:47 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like something I could use in the future.
Thanks for the writeup man!!
Old 03-01-04, 12:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well i put on my daizen sways when i had my flex. now i have cs and i defnitely feel a little more body lean when doing turns. the handling stays about the same i think, but i feel more leaning
Old 03-01-04, 11:26 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by PHML
Blue -

congrats. when you got time....go play around with the adjustable rears....i notice you got them on the less agressive setting right now.

I tried all 3 settings....i like em in the middle.

Pete
i thought that was the stiffer setting?. i have no idea about that stuff Ed put them in 4 me....i'll have 2 check with him...
Old 03-01-04, 11:28 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
well i put on my daizen sways when i had my flex. now i have cs and i defnitely feel a little more body lean when doing turns. the handling stays about the same i think, but i feel more leaning
did u adjust the coilovers any? comfort setting i mean? also what setting d u have the sways on at? i guess 4 coming from not haveing anything just coils and now haveing a more grip feel it makes a bigger impression on me..
Old 03-01-04, 11:55 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

adrian

when you get a chance , the rears need to be readjusted inward , i have yours a least aggressive setting like mine was , i adjusted mine inward last night , ohhh boy what a feeling , thank phml for the heads up on the correct adjustment , i had it reversed
Old 03-01-04, 12:14 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by lexforlife
adrian

when you get a chance , the rears need to be readjusted inward , i have yours a least aggressive setting like mine was , i adjusted mine inward last night , ohhh boy what a feeling , thank phml for the heads up on the correct adjustment , i had it reversed
wait so they r on least stiff and i felt like i have way more control, imagine when we redo it.. man this is great...we'll hook up one of these days 2 redo it if it cool with u ?
Old 03-01-04, 12:59 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

no problem bro you are always welcome at lexforlife garage
Old 03-01-04, 01:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by bluelex
i thought that was the stiffer setting?. i have no idea about that stuff Ed put them in 4 me....i'll have 2 check with him...
you are on the softest setting. since you have the CS you should put it on the stiffest (closest to the bar) coz' that will give you more handling power. you should feel the difference
Old 03-01-04, 01:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by bluelex
did u adjust the coilovers any? comfort setting i mean? also what setting d u have the sways on at? i guess 4 coming from not haveing anything just coils and now haveing a more grip feel it makes a bigger impression on me..
well on the flex i was running on the soft side, and the sways were in the middle setting. on the CS i am running about middle setting and i am running stiffest on the sways. when todd @ tmengineering installed the CS he told me i should just change the sways to stiffest for handling. i went ahead and did it.

right now when i drive, in terms of handling the car handles the same, i don't see myself turning slower, but the car has a bit more lean than before.
Old 03-01-04, 03:37 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

thanx Ed, i will b visiting the garage soon....

thanx rom, i will b setting 2 the same and c how that goes....

Last edited by bluelex; 03-01-04 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Daizen sways installed...my thoughts