Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
View Poll Results: what date works best for a july meet?
july 4th
29.09%
july 11th
32.73%
july 18th
45.45%
july 25th
32.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Official Arizona Meets & Shows thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-11, 06:58 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Mendez011
will definetly check this out if its still going july
It will be. They go year round based on their calendars.

Originally Posted by flavs23
does anybody go to the meets at tempe marketplace? never been but heard they have little meets there on the first and third wednesday of every month....
You might try this thread for more info.

Big Mack
Old 03-30-11, 09:19 PM
flavs23
Rookie

nice! thanks big mack!
Old 04-26-11, 06:28 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Question

Anyone going to see Fast 5 @ IMAX this weekend? I was thinking either Friday or Saturday evening might be fun. I know it's cheesy, but what the hell. I'll drop $12 on it for the IMAX experience of seeing an absolute mega shi**on of cars get wrecked.

Perhaps we can figure out a time to go and make a group event of it. Just a thought...

Big Mack
Old 04-27-11, 08:55 PM
saurah
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Anyone going to see Fast 5 @ IMAX this weekend? I was thinking either Friday or Saturday evening might be fun. I know it's cheesy, but what the hell. I'll drop $12 on it for the IMAX experience of seeing an absolute mega shi**on of cars get wrecked.

Perhaps we can figure out a time to go and make a group event of it. Just a thought...

Big Mack
I'm sorry, but this is all I can think about when you bring a bunch of teenage ricer kids together for a FF movie.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/rice...ing_198202.htm

I'd be down to go though. Wouldn't drive my car though. lol
Old 04-27-11, 10:29 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by saurah
I'm sorry, but this is all I can think about when you bring a bunch of teenage ricer kids together for a FF movie.

I'd be down to go though. Wouldn't drive my car though. lol
I know. I was at the first one on a studio premiere invite and the energy leaving that place was palpable. Perhaps that's why they moved the disclaimer about being done by professionals from the end to the beginning...

And no, I wouldn't drive my weekend car there. DD all the way.

Big Mack
Old 04-27-11, 10:37 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

speaking of crushes and accidents, whats was the deal with all the accidents on the 60 tonight?
Old 04-27-11, 10:57 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big Mack
I'm down to check it out @ IMAX. I'm assuming you are talking about the AZ Mills IMAX? I think I'd be down for either Friday or Saturday evening.

Lets get a roll call going.

Friday:
1) Big Mack
2) saurah
3) mex lex
4)

Saturday:
1) Big Mack
2) saurah
3) mex lex
4)

Originally Posted by specc00
speaking of crushes and accidents, whats was the deal with all the accidents on the 60 tonight?
I saw that semi crash on the news earlier. The driver died. Traffic was a mess.

Last edited by mex lex; 04-27-11 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-27-11, 11:06 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mex lex
I'm down to check it out @ IMAX. I'm assuming you are talking about the AZ Mills IMAX? I think I'd be down for either Friday or Saturday evening.
Yeah, Mills. I'm not driving all the way to Deer Valley (I think they have one) or Signal Butt just to get IMAX. Plus, I think it's more central for most of us to hit Mills.

I saw that semi crash on the news earlier. The driver died. Traffic was a mess.
I saw it briefly between hockey games. I imagine traffic was a charlie foxtrot for a long time given the amount of white flame gel they sprayed all over. RIP for the driver and peace to his family. Hate seeing anything like that, and thankful I no longer have to deal with freeways on a day to day basis.

Big Mack
Old 04-27-11, 11:14 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Yeah, Mills. I'm not driving all the way to Deer Valley (I think they have one) or Signal Butt just to get IMAX. Plus, I think it's more central for most of us to hit Mills.

I saw it briefly between hockey games. I imagine traffic was a charlie foxtrot for a long time given the amount of white flame gel they sprayed all over. RIP for the driver and peace to his family. Hate seeing anything like that, and thankful I no longer have to deal with freeways on a day to day basis.

Big Mack
Yeah I figured but just making sure. I tend to avoid AZ Mills. But it is central to just about everyone.

Cars were all over the freeway. It did not look pretty. I'm glad Red Mountain 202 is not that bad traffic-wise.

I didn't see how the accident was caused but what ever the reason the outcome was tragic.
Old 04-28-11, 05:29 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Lets get a roll call going.

Saturday:
1) Big Mack
2) saurah
3) mex lex
4)
So Saturday night looks like the better option, we need to figure out if we want 6.40 or 9.50 to be the show we attend.

I'm open to either, and would be open to grabbing some grub, too. One of my friends is likely joining up with us, but all are welcome!

Mex, are you picking up Sarah? I'm sure she's not hoofing it there...

Big Mack
Old 06-17-11, 05:18 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Anyone interested in meeting up and rolling out to the pavilions tomorrow?

We could meet at Kyoei USA say around 7-7:30 and caravan out there.

1. mex lex

Last edited by mex lex; 06-17-11 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-20-11, 12:48 PM
JakeEpley
Driver School Candidate

Default Join us

Lets Try This NEW LOCATION!
Pavs this SAT July 23rd. We should combine as many groups as we can! Im going to plan to meet @ the 7 ELEVEN 27th Ave and the 101 Freeway. There is a LARGE parking lot to the left of the Gas Station. Good location due to those who need gas, or something quick to eat from the Jack In The Box. Be there @ 6:40pm. Roll out will be by 7:20 NO LATER! Making it clear for all. I will not keep the Group waiting! At 7:20 7 Eleven will be EMPTY! All people and cars are welcome. Please bring your Respect of being on time! Planning ahead so we can make this Cruise Poppin! Any Questions: Jake- 480-352-3120 I will be in the White 370Z.
PS: Here is a Map: Search it in your Browser. http://mapq.st/qFHveq Reason for moving location is so we can get 3 times the people to cruise! Hope yall join the fun.
Old 08-27-11, 04:44 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Anyone else going to the drift and drags event tonight at Firebird Raceway?

Gates open at 5pm. Spectator fee is $10 and $20 if you want to drift or drag race.

http://www.firebirdraceway.com/image...sD&DSeries.pdf

Tonight's event is also a memorial for Rich Spohr of 350Z Motorsports who recently passed away.
Old 11-12-11, 12:05 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Who is going to the Scottsdale pavillions today? I will be there tonight probably around 7 or 7:30. If anyone wants to meet and caravan there together let me know.
Old 11-12-11, 01:59 PM
LucciLou
Driver

Exclamation Down 4 Whatever

How many people usually get together? im down for the Pavillions on Saturdays and anything else somebody get at me!

Quick Reply: Official Arizona Meets & Shows thread