Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Good Place to Tint Windows in Dallas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-07, 06:57 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my wifes 4runner in there saturday...since it's her car, I have not inspected it too closely, but the area I did look...it looks good.

I did not get the HO as it was not worth the extra $170 to my wife...plus they didn't think it would match her black SUV well (?).
Old 03-07-07, 10:07 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i did artec in arlington after many people said they were the ****, and I will tell you this. They suck. I have found more bubbles and waves in my ****. I am going to get it completely re-done by these gangsters in ft.worth that are supposed to be the ****. They will do that **** limo all the way around. LIke they specialize in all those gangster cars and ****. I will find out there name and repost here.
Old 03-18-07, 09:24 AM
MisterAka
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best window tinting in Dallas!

Originally Posted by TexasGS
I have use Pro Tint for over 10 years on numerous cars. They are one of the best in my opinion. Not sure what tints they are using now but give them a call. They also will not tint beyond what is allowed by state law. Give them a call. Claudio is the owner and is a really good guy. http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&rls...authority&cd=1
I totally agree with TexasGS! Claudio at Pro Tint is the first on my list!
I also know him for many years. He did my cars, my wife's cars (BTW if anybody need a good hair cut, my wife's shop in the same plaza with Claudio), and all my friends'. He is VERY professional and a great person.
As a matter of fact - my new GS350 is in Claudio's shop right now - can't wait to see it tinted!
Old 04-01-07, 10:00 AM
tttp5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MisterAka
I totally agree with TexasGS! Claudio at Pro Tint is the first on my list!
I also know him for many years. He did my cars, my wife's cars (BTW if anybody need a good hair cut, my wife's shop in the same plaza with Claudio), and all my friends'. He is VERY professional and a great person.
As a matter of fact - my new GS350 is in Claudio's shop right now - can't wait to see it tinted!
I'm about to go here.
Whats the darkest they will do the driver and passenger windows at?
I called and they said they can only goto 35% on them but I've read the law somewhere saying u can goto 20% on them.
Old 04-10-07, 09:05 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Further evidence of... ?

So I call the Plano Alta Mere to setup a time to get the tint (that they installed) repaired. I mention that they tinted my windows a while back (last summer?) and there's one little corner that's pulling up at the front corner of the driver's door and I'd like to get it fixed.

"Okay, did you roll the windows down too soon?"

"Um. No."

Gawd.
Old 04-12-07, 09:40 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

The tint is fixed. They certainly don't sugar coat and pat you on the hiney. But they put a good tint job on and they fixed it when it broke.

If you don't need sugary sweet customer service, I guess you can consider them. You do get served.

But if HOW you're served is as important to you as BEING served, I can't recommend them for you.
Old 04-16-07, 04:28 PM
tttp5
Pole Position

I just got my car back from Claudio at Pro Tint. Its been more than a week since the tint has been on. They did a great job and also a good price too.
They also gave me little stickers to go on the power window buttons to remind me until what day i shouldn't open it.

I am very pleased with the tint and pro tint.
Old 05-08-07, 11:45 AM
96sc300tt
Rookie

this guy is awesome and great priced. 2146168689 name is donald. he can even come to you depending on location. i have him do all my cars and he will garuantee his work too.
Old 05-29-09, 02:31 PM
otcviper
Driver School Candidate

Has anybody else tried this Donald guy? Talked to him and seems nice enough. Just wonder if his "Solar Guard" film (the only option) is worthy of a Lexus. Anybody.

Oh yeah, he quoted me $120 for my LS430. Pretty darn cheap!
Old 06-02-09, 08:41 PM
damon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Had to replace the drivers side window in my LS.
It is un-tinted & I need to get it close to matching my other 3 faded door windows.