Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Help : Need Chasis Insp. : Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-03, 11:04 AM
golfkwesi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help : Need Chasis Insp. : Atlanta, GA

Can anyone help me. I am picking up my SC430 in Atlanta this weekend and would like to hire an inspection company to verify that there has been no damage ( paint, body work ). I found a company but they ( Inspection Solution ) are booked for two weeks.

Does anyone have any other companies or suggestions? Note: the dealer ( not Lexus ) is taking the car to the local Lexus for a complete inspection & warrants that there has been no damage but I wanted to have another opinion.

Thanks!
Old 08-25-03, 12:58 PM
GA400
Lead Lap

Default how about......

What part of town is the dealer in? Do you know which Lexus dealer the selling dealer is taking it to? I know Hennesey Lexus in Gwinnet (north-east Atlanta) has some excellent techs, one of them is an active member of the forum here. The service manager over there always gets good reviews too.
How about an independent mechanic that specializes in Lexus? I use one in Roswell (mid-north Atlanta) named Ozzi's ( www.ozzis.com ) The guy's name is John Minozzi and he is a certified Lexus Master Tech. He did a pre-purchase inspection on my car and a few others for people I know.
In West Atlanta, in the Marietta area, there is a shop called AsianOne that one of my friends at work uses for his LS400, they specialize in Lexus and Infiniti. Maybe if you can list the city name (Atlanta suburb) of the dealer you are buying from and it is not near one of these places I mentioned, someone else from Atlanta can chime in with a shop they recommend.

Good Luck,

GA400
Old 08-25-03, 01:11 PM
golfkwesi
Driver

GA400,

Great suggetions...thanks! The dealer is located in Decator. I have a call into him to find out where he planned to take it. Do you know if any of your contacts are near by?

Michael
Old 09-03-03, 11:13 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take it to Gwinnett lexus if I was you..
Old 09-07-03, 06:24 PM
LexFather

GA400 made some great suggestions. I would say Hennessy of Gwinnett. Their people and service are TOP NOTCH. VVTi is the man to PM. SELOC takes all our cars there and we are 110% satisfied.
Old 09-08-03, 03:35 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have time just ask the dealer to take the car for inspection youself and stop by at Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett. I will be glad to inspect the SC for you and I can get some of expert to look for any body work and paint work+ walk you around the car and under the car. PM me for more details and contact.
If the dealer is in Decator they probably take the SC to Hennessy in Chamblee off P'tree Industrial Blvd.