Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Smoky Mountain Meet Reports

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-03, 10:29 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As some of you know, due to a death in the family I was unable to attend the Fling as I had planned since the inception of this thing. I'm green with envy and glad all of you that attended had a great time. I'll be looking forward to meeting you all at the next get-together

Now help me get over this by posting more pics of what I missed in the gallery

Last edited by tomtnc; 05-19-03 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-19-03, 01:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally posted by tomtnc
Now help me get over this by posting more pics of what I missed in the gallery
In Butthead voice, "Uhhh... OK". Just posted my set of pics in the gallery.
Old 05-19-03, 01:08 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are great pics Dave....

I can't wait to see the video of Bits 100 mph fly by.......
Old 05-19-03, 01:25 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Video will be up tonight
Get ready ...
Old 05-19-03, 01:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,141 Likes on 1,387 Posts

Originally posted by jmecbr900
Bit, I'm so sorry about your little mishap with the wheel. I'm very glad it was not worse as it initially looked when you started to lock the brakes down.
Thanks. The rim is already at WheelWizard and the guy was confident he can make it right. Then I'll take the rim and get a new tire on it and I should be good to go. The only real risks (expensive) are if the rim is bent or if I damaged my suspension or something else also. Hopefully not. If all goes well, I'll be back to normal by the weekend!
Old 05-19-03, 04:06 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Man you guys sounds like I missed alot! Glad you all had a great time though! Hopefully next time you will have a little Crystal White IS following in your tracks. By the looks of the pics you needed an IS amongst all those GS's. lol Great looking pics with all those GS's though! Love it...live for it!

Keep me posted on when the next Lexus adventure is to take place!

amy
Old 05-19-03, 05:24 PM
LexFather

BTW, MUMBLES thanks for selling me the Ugo rear STB, it's so light compared to the steel TRD ones. It seems Uyko Katanayama was a great Japanese Driver. I did some research.
Old 05-19-03, 05:58 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Thanks. The rim is already at WheelWizard and the guy was confident he can make it right. Then I'll take the rim and get a new tire on it and I should be good to go. The only real risks (expensive) are if the rim is bent or if I damaged my suspension or something else also. Hopefully not. If all goes well, I'll be back to normal by the weekend!
What happened?
Old 05-19-03, 06:10 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Alright now Bit, don't be messing stuff up now, you're my racing partner remember! lol Seriously though I hope everything works out! Amy
Old 05-19-03, 06:36 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bitkahuna
I'm glad to hear that it may turn out to be not so bad. I was really worried that it would turn out to be a big problem.

BTW, you did good piece of driving to avoid a collision. I really thought you had made the turn totally, but it could have been really really ugly. Very Very glad it was not.
Old 05-19-03, 06:41 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by amy011079
Man you guys sounds like I missed alot! Glad you all had a great time though! Hopefully next time you will have a little Crystal White IS following in your tracks. By the looks of the pics you needed an IS amongst all those GS's. lol Great looking pics with all those GS's though! Love it...live for it!

Keep me posted on when the next Lexus adventure is to take place!

amy
Look thru the gallery pics. We had everything from really really thick pea soup fog to rain to almost a crash to tearing up the roads like we owned the joint.

We made several comments about the fact that there wasn't a single IS in the bunch, and the roads were perfect for the swift little machine. We did a run on this one road, I forgot the number to it, that started in a country setting where the houses were spread all the way up to the top of the mountain were the fog didn't let us see 10 feet in front of the car. It was awesome to push the car to the limits. It was also very noticeable that I need to work on some of the suspension to be able to keep up with the Jones'.

I had a great time myself. You definetly would of loved it. You have to make plans to go to the Deal's Gap run.
Old 05-19-03, 06:49 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by brendanlim
Video will be up tonight
Get ready ...
Where Where????? I'm ready to see the triple digit fly by.......
Old 05-19-03, 06:58 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I saw all that fog in a couple of pics that is terrible! Glad everyone is ok and that there were no crashes! I am really glad you had a good time even though the weather was sucky. I was thinking about you guys when I saw the forcasts and the news and stuff and wondered how things were going, so it is great to hear that everything worked out.

I'm sure I would have loved it from the sound of everyone's responses, and will definatly try and make plans for deals gap! There are no definate dates for it yet are there?

Look thru the gallery pics. We had everything from really really thick pea soup fog to rain to almost a crash to tearing up the roads like we owned the joint.

We made several comments about the fact that there wasn't a single IS in the bunch, and the roads were perfect for the swift little machine. We did a run on this one road, I forgot the number to it, that started in a country setting where the houses were spread all the way up to the top of the mountain were the fog didn't let us see 10 feet in front of the car. It was awesome to push the car to the limits. It was also very noticeable that I need to work on some of the suspension to be able to keep up with the Jones'.

I had a great time myself. You definetly would of loved it. You have to make plans to go to the Deal's Gap run.
Old 05-19-03, 07:01 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Where Where????? I'm ready to see the triple digit fly by.......
I got it done -- not too happy with it actually. I didn't get that much good footage at all. Either too wobbly or just not right ... hard for me to explain.

It will be up shortly.
Old 05-19-03, 07:03 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

I'm actually going to redo the entire video. WIll still have it up tonight though

Quick Reply: Smoky Mountain Meet Reports