Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Monthly Meet in Raleigh during the week?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 10:43 AM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monthly Meet in Raleigh during the week?

I just wanted to toss an idea out there.

It seems like we (Raleigh) always try to have a meet, but it never turns out as big as we'd like. Seems like they are usually scheduled during the weekend and some of the folks that are interested have something else scheduled or are out of town(I am also guilty of this).

I am proposing to have a meet during the week. I know weekdays can be pretty busy with work and all but I think more people will be in town. I'll even go as far as to specify the day and spot.

How about the second Wedn. of the month at Briar Creek. (this would make next wednesday our first meet). Last row of parking at the movie theater. From there we can either grab a bite to eat, roll to someone's house to help with an install, or whatever else.

What do you guys think? It doesn't have to be monthly, we can make it quarterly, or bi-weekly. I just figured a meet in the middle of the week would give me something to look forward to on Hump day and the parking lot shouldn't be to crowded.
Old 04-01-09, 06:23 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's a great idea.

But, unfortunately (for me), I no longer live there
Old 04-01-09, 06:53 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did that with my bike crew(motorcycle)in md,but it was always after 6pm.because everyone don't have the same hours,some also had to commute back home before they can come out.i myself 80% of the time i'm outta town until friday.you can try and see what happens but the weekend is the best time and that's only my opinion.
Old 04-01-09, 09:45 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've played with the idea of having a meet during the week days but it just doesn't work for everyone. I myself doesn't get off of work until almost 6 pm and won't make it to any meets until 7 or later. So no can do for me.