Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Raleigh, NC - Charlotte, NC Meet????

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-08, 05:41 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

raleigh is cool with me,i hate to say this, but i used to ride my bike alot, after i moved here my bike collects dust i just could'nt do the hanging at the gas station thing.i hope to find some riders next spring.i said all that to say this.it's different with cars of course you are not going to be riding all over the place with cars its a different vibe.but it seems like nobody want to do much here.i think i'll become a lone wolf or army of one and charlie mike.
Old 11-15-08, 10:17 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matrixgts
raleigh is cool with me,i hate to say this, but i used to ride my bike alot, after i moved here my bike collects dust i just could'nt do the hanging at the gas station thing.i hope to find some riders next spring.i said all that to say this.it's different with cars of course you are not going to be riding all over the place with cars its a different vibe.but it seems like nobody want to do much here.i think i'll become a lone wolf or army of one and charlie mike.
You need someone to roll with ya?? Well I don't have a bike, but I'll take my supra out and do some hwy rolls with ya if that makes you feel any better.. Where in raleigh are you? I'll hit you up when I clean up my car a little..
Old 11-15-08, 07:18 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

i'm in garner actually,close enough
Old 11-15-08, 07:56 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Raleigh would obviously be best for me
Old 11-15-08, 08:31 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

I'm looking into different places for both charlotte and Raleigh area. If we were to meet up in the raleigh area, I think Brier Creek offers plenty to do and offers plenty of places to eat also. So far, the people listed below is on board.

1.)Alexus_300: Raleigh or Charlotte
2.)AndrewDees: Raleigh or Charlotte - I'm in the middle anyways
3.)jdmpwr07: Charlotte or Concord
4.)matrixgts: Raleigh
5.)mteele: Raleigh
Old 11-16-08, 06:39 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

6.)vince1128: Charlotte or Concord
Old 11-16-08, 08:12 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah Brier Creek area has tons of places to eat with lots of parking for everyone.
Old 11-17-08, 08:34 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

7) HKS350 --- Raleigh, 70% -- Anywhere else, 30%.

Brier Creek is nice, I also thought about the Asheboro, NC area. Its only an hour from Raleigh and from Charlotte. Dead in the middle. I just don't know anything about that city.
Old 11-17-08, 11:25 AM
jdmpwr07
Driver

Originally Posted by HKS350

Brier Creek is nice, I also thought about the Asheboro, NC area. Its only an hour from Raleigh and from Charlotte. Dead in the middle. I just don't know anything about that city.
More info about this place anybody?
Old 11-17-08, 12:00 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HKS350

Jeremy, there's really nothing in Asheboro besides the zoo. You really want to have a meet at the zoo man? That'll be some meet I tell you. From the looks of it, I think we are going to meet up in raleigh at Brier creek.
Old 11-17-08, 01:03 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Hehe..^^^Like I said I know nothing about Asheboro. I know we take the kids once a year and thats about it. Is their any historic parks or cool landmarks we could meet at and get some good photos? Then we could cruze (roll) to an eat spot.. just an idea. I always see the CA guys meet up at awesome parks, landmarks, and take some nice pics.
Old 11-17-08, 01:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,317 Posts

I'm down for Charlotte or Concord (depending on timing). Raliegh is probably 10% chance for me if I can combine with other trips.
Old 11-17-08, 04:36 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

I was out today with a friend and she had mentioned that the Biltmore Estate is very pretty during the Christmas season time. What are you guys opinion on this. I was thinking we might meet up in Charlotte for friday night dinner and hang out and then leave early saturday morning for Asheville to go site seeing for those that have never been up there before. I'm sure that we can take the scenic route and go through lake lure with all of those lovely curvy roads..
Old 11-17-08, 05:09 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Below are are the suggested meeting area in Raleigh and Charlotte.

Raleigh:
For those that are not familiar with the Brier Creek commons area, below is a map that shows you what is available to eat and things to do.

http://www.shopbriercreekcommons.com...rectorymap.pdf

Across the street from brier creek you have the Carolina Ale House that has decent food and a big enough parking lot that can accomodate all of us.

Charlotte:
For the Charlotte Area, you have the North Lake mall area which is close to the UNC-C or on the South side of Charlotte where there is Stonecrest at Piper Glen.

You can check out there links below for resturaunts and things to do.

http://www.shopstonecrest.com/index.php?P=1.3

As for meeting date, hows December 5th or 12th sound everyone? What's a convient time for everyone on a friday to meet up? I'm pretty much free after 4 P.M.

Last edited by Alexus_300; 11-17-08 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 05:40 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
I was out today with a friend and she had mentioned that the Biltmore Estate is very pretty during the Christmas season time. What are you guys opinion on this. I was thinking we might meet up in Charlotte for friday night dinner and hang out and then leave early saturday morning for Asheville to go site seeing for those that have never been up there before. I'm sure that we can take the scenic route and go through lake lure with all of those lovely curvy roads..
Would be nice. I'm from that area and my parents live 2 miles from lake lure. Will be there this weekend but in the family Tahoe. I checked on tickets for Biltmore and they are $60.00 per person. You can follow Hwy 64 from Charlotte almost the whole way to Asheville.

Quick Reply: Raleigh, NC - Charlotte, NC Meet????