Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

April 13th at Rockingham NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08, 12:14 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts
Default April 13th at Rockingham NC

Phantasm Motorsports is having an event on the 13th of April 2008 at Rockingham. Anyone interested in having a meet then?

1) kuWuPt
2) Zeb
3) Jeremy

Last edited by kuWuPt; 03-27-08 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-26-08, 07:55 PM
zebt66
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in!

1) kuWuPt
2) Zeb
3)
Old 03-27-08, 10:17 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea.. Does anyone have some 17" or 18" rims and tires I can roll on for the day? If so I'll run it.

1) kuWuPt
2) Zeb
3)
4)Jeremy
Old 03-27-08, 12:01 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

I have my stockies with decent tread on it.
Old 03-27-08, 02:04 PM
zebt66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jeremy
Yea.. Does anyone have some 17" or 18" rims and tires I can roll on for the day? If so I'll run it.

1) kuWuPt
2) Zeb
3)
4)Jeremy
If you let me put the I forged wheels on my car to see how it looks i will let u roll on my 19s
Old 03-27-08, 03:54 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zebt66
If you let me put the I forged wheels on my car to see how it looks i will let u roll on my 19s
I tried negotiating that at the last Rock meet Although, I think my negotiation included me keeping the wheels for an extended period of time after the racing was finished

BTW, I don't think I can go. I'm pretty much done with weekend outings in NC.

But, I still want to go to Rush Hour Karting before I go back to VA for good. Anyone want to meet up one evening during the week (sunday through thursday). It doesn't have to be a true "meet", as I'm back to driving my daily driver Corolla anyway. But, I'd still like to go in the company of some other Lexus fans, even Jeremy and his Mike Wallace's little cousin wannabe "I'm putting you in wall" attitude :stickpoke:

j/k Jeremy
But, if you've seen the commercials, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Last edited by mikes rx; 03-27-08 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-27-08, 04:37 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure what my work schedule is, so I can't commit just yet. But I would love to come down if I can!!!

Jeremy, would 16" wheels clear your rear brakes? You can have a pair of my stock SC wheels to burn up if you'd like them.

Now, refresh my memory, who was it that had the GS300 with the Aristo swap? Zebt right? I'll need to talk to ya some more about your car, I have a co-worker with a stock 1999 GS300 that he wants to turbo (with either a kit or swap) but I didnt know about the emissions/OBD II situation.
Old 03-27-08, 06:17 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zebt66
You can try them on. They came off a GS3. I'd still have to rock the 20's on the front. 19's won't clear the BBK.

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I tried negotiating that at the last Rock meet Although, I think my negotiation included me keeping the wheels for an extended period of time after the racing was finished

BTW, I don't think I can go. I'm pretty much done with weekend outings in NC.

But, I still want to go to Rush Hour Karting before I go back to VA for good. Anyone want to meet up one evening during the week (sunday through thursday). It doesn't have to be a true "meet", as I'm back to driving my daily driver Corolla anyway. But, I'd still like to go in the company of some other Lexus fans, even Jeremy and his Mike Wallace's little cousin wannabe "I'm putting you in wall" attitude :stickpoke:

j/k Jeremy
But, if you've seen the commercials, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Wtf Mike, No more meets??? Btw / racing is rubbing haha.... / If your not frist your last.. For you its the wall. j/k

Originally Posted by mteele
Not sure what my work schedule is, so I can't commit just yet. But I would love to come down if I can!!!

Jeremy, would 16" wheels clear your rear brakes? You can have a pair of my stock SC wheels to burn up if you'd like them.

Now, refresh my memory, who was it that had the GS300 with the Aristo swap? Zebt right? I'll need to talk to ya some more about your car, I have a co-worker with a stock 1999 GS300 that he wants to turbo (with either a kit or swap) but I didnt know about the emissions/OBD II situation.
What width in the rear? I think I can fit them idk? I'd only need the rear set.
Old 03-27-08, 09:37 PM
zebt66
Pole Position

You can try them on. They came off a GS3. I'd still have to rock the 20's on the front. 19's won't clear the BBK.

Wtf Mike, No more meets??? Btw / racing is rubbing haha.... / If your not frist your last.. For you its the wall. j/k

What width in the rear? I think I can fit them idk? I'd only need the rear set.
Sweet we can do the swap at the show if you want to.
Old 03-27-08, 09:39 PM
zebt66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mteele

yeah thats me...! I mean see i have a JDM ECU with HKS F-Con. So i don't have a code showing up but it does throw a check engine light. I mean you can get a car inspected with out problems! just need to know the right person. There are few ways around it. I will let u know next time we meet. I will talk to u about it.
Old 03-28-08, 12:23 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ROFLMAO.

Yeah, probably no more *weekend* stuff. I've already got some weekends where I'm tied up in NC, and then on other weekends I gotta go up to VA to make some paper.
Old 03-28-08, 12:28 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

mteele - the check engine light comes on when you go AEM EMS or HKS. With Zeb's car its not throwing any codes but regardless the check engine light is on. If your friend just wants to drop in a GTE VVti motor stock then yes the wiring etc can be done for everything to work except traction control I beleive and retain the JDM Aristo ECU. If you want to upgrade..bigger turbo, bigger injectors etc.. thats when u need at the least a MAP ECU or a better stand alone. They have made the AEM EMS 1050 which was made for a 2000 Civic Si work on the 2JZ motors which a lot of people have started using now. The tried and true JDM way is the HKS F-CON. So yeah couple of options and a couple of ways it can be tackled.

Jeremy chime in cause you've done this in the past. What would you have done different?

Last edited by kuWuPt; 03-28-08 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-28-08, 12:19 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kuWuPt

Jeremy chime in cause you've done this in the past. What would you have done different?
Well, to pass OBD2 you'll need the stock ecu. It doesn't have to control anything, but does need to monitor O2 sensors, TPS, MAP, & CPS. You can use a SIM on the O2. I got away with this type of setup and was able to pass inspections just fine. The nice thing is you'll also know when you have the tune close to stock under 75% throttle. You can monitor trims via OBD2 port and match the standalone fuel curve at light loads. This will allow for smooth running and pass inspections. The new AEM out is almost like a stand-alone. It plugs into your factory injector harness and changes the fuel depending on what your settings are. AEM claims this will pass OBD2.
Old 03-29-08, 11:24 PM
zebt66
Pole Position

Well, to pass OBD2 you'll need the stock ecu. It doesn't have to control anything, but does need to monitor O2 sensors, TPS, MAP, & CPS. You can use a SIM on the O2. I got away with this type of setup and was able to pass inspections just fine. The nice thing is you'll also know when you have the tune close to stock under 75% throttle. You can monitor trims via OBD2 port and match the standalone fuel curve at light loads. This will allow for smooth running and pass inspections. The new AEM out is almost like a stand-alone. It plugs into your factory injector harness and changes the fuel depending on what your settings are. AEM claims this will pass OBD2.
Hmmm interesting. Hey Jeremy u know anyone who wants to buy a pair of Recaro seats?
Old 03-30-08, 12:49 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmm, sounds like something over my head at this point I'll keep you guys updated on what he wants to do!

Hey Jeremy, you talk to your friend for me yet? I'd like to meet up with him next weekend if possible.

Quick Reply: April 13th at Rockingham NC