Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Louisiana Tint Law

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-08, 12:31 AM
DJKIBBLES
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LRP_LS400
Aren't all tags the same?
really? i didnt know. hrmsss so now since i've moved to Baton Rouge can i just get my inspection up here?
Old 03-01-08, 07:44 AM
LRP_LS400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dat-is350
My girlfriend brought her car to the discount place next to pizza hut with her windows rolled down. The dude said next time don't bring it back here! haha but watch me do it anyways
They're not gonna remember your car just go back, I buy cigs. and stuff from them so they recognize me and don't give me any trouble.
Old 03-01-08, 08:25 AM
LRP_LS400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Evitzee
It's nice to list the places that will break the law for a measly $10, but not sure how smart it is. You don't think someone in the LA Dept of Transportation might just investigate this place if it is made known to them. Part of their license is to faithfully inspect vehicles according to the Motor Vehicle Code. Bypassing it for a bribe is illegal and could land them in hot water from both a fine and criminal prosecution angle. LA is normally seen as one of the most corrupt states in the Union, but there still can be ramifications if illegal activity gets to the right people. You might want to keep that in mind when blabbing on the internet.
$10 is the price of the inspection sticker (brake tag) no bribery here. There are many places that work like this not just one. The problem starts at the top and trickles down.
Old 03-01-08, 09:33 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LRP_LS400
$10 is the price of the inspection sticker (brake tag) no bribery here. There are many places that work like this not just one. The problem starts at the top and trickles down.
You can play word games if you wish, but if they are knowingly passing vehicles that don't meet LA vehicle code they are subject to fines and prosecution. Advertising these shops online is dumb, imvho.
Old 03-01-08, 04:32 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
You can play word games if you wish, but if they are knowingly passing vehicles that don't meet LA vehicle code they are subject to fines and prosecution. Advertising these shops online is dumb, imvho.
You're obviously not from Louisiana...

Louisiana DMV official: "We read on Club Lexus that you guys are giving out brake tags to vehicles not properly meeting vehicle code."
Inspection point supervisor: "No, we're not. What's Club Lexus???
Louisiana DMV official: "Nevermind. Have a nice day."

To think that 1) LA DMV officials read Club Lexus is laughable, and 2) that they would act on anything they read on Club Lexus is even more laughable. While I agree that it's not the wisest thing in the world to post about these locations publicly, this is one of Louisiana's biggest rackets and income producers, so they're not going to invest too much time and effort into cracking down on this 'fraud.'

Javier
Old 03-03-08, 11:39 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Ok first of all, not all brake tags are the same. Off the top of my head if you live in Kenner, La you MUST have a Kenner brake tag, not a state tag. In order to get this you MUST go to the ONE Kenner brake tag station and they check everything(i grew up there). They will even start doing some sog and emissions soon fro wat i hear. Also, Westwego has there own brake tag I just found out.

2,) I thought the same thing about not being pulled over for just tint until I was riding with a friend and thats the only reason we were pulled over. He went to court showed photoshopped pic of his car not tinted and said it was broken down at a shop and the judge made him pay curt fees only.

3,)Brake tags have a serial number on them and the state/city has a record of which shop has what numbers. For instance, if your car is registered in Kenner you can't get a State brake tag because if your ever caught they will know where you went to get a tag. They know what shops actually give them out right and which ones dont care. True, most shops don't care at all, just have your papers ready and they wont check anything.

4,) It depends on where you live in Louisiana how dark yu can go. I live in Harahan, home of some of the most racist cops in the state. I was driving an Escalade with 24"s and limo tint all around and was stopped the 2nd day I had the truck, once they realized I lived in there city an I was white they never did bother me again. Jefferson parish and NOPD cops really don't care about tint. Kenner cops will pull you over for ANYTHING and then have 10cops there in less then 3 minutes for the h*ll of it, lol. I have limo all around and 35% on my windshield and i haven't been pulled over yet. In fact i've been pulled over 3 times for streetracing(never ticketed for lack of evidence)and have never been told anything about my tint. Like I said, its all about where you are.

Last edited by DriftNsc3; 03-03-08 at 11:45 PM.