Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Orlando Crew.....give me some insight!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 10:51 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Orlando Crew.....give me some insight!!

I know this probably isnt the right forum to place this in, but I figured I would get more traffic here. Im have an offer on the table, and Im contimplating moving to Orlando. I wanted to get some insight to areas to look as far as housing costs, cost of living, school systems, crime, etc, etc, etc.. I would be working at the Convention Center the better part of the time, so I would want to stay in that direct vicinity if possible, while maintaining a good area to live in. I have 2 young children, thus the schooling and crime rate concerns.....

IM in the baltimore/ DC metro area.....the housing costs here are insane, and the crime is just as insane. I live in a good area, but its not like my kids will be staying in a 10 square mile radius as they get older.

Any info at all to help me make an educated decision would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-06, 10:56 AM
BUSTN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much are you looking to spend on a house??
Old 02-08-06, 11:07 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Im hoping to stay around the $400,000 range....give or take...that would enable me to walk with a chunk of $$ in my pocket from my current house.

I just dont know what kind of house I can get for the money in contrast to up here. The housing costs in this area is off the charts. I have a buddy that bought a new construction house in Tampa last year the same time I bought my house up here. He paid about $120,000 less than what I paid, and he got a whole lot more.......3 car garage, 5 bedrooms, pool, gated lakefront community. He did say it went up a but since last year, but Im sure I cant compare Tampa and Orlando....2 different areas entirely. I was told today that you dont have State taxes taken out of your checks down there.....thats nice.

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 02-08-06 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-08-06, 11:46 AM
BUSTN
Instructor

You can try the Windemere area since it is close to the Convention Center.That should get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 02-08-06, 12:08 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Orlando is congested and crime central. Come on down to Venice/Sarasota area. Much more relaxed than Tampa and Orlando.

Oh yah-I'm a Realtor in Venice if you want listings. seriously though, I can email you some if you want. I'm getting ready to list a 3br/2ba/2Cg on a 160x100 lot for about $320k if that gives you an idea.
Old 02-08-06, 12:20 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Im not familiar with the area enough to know how far out that area is......my office would be in Orlando, and i would be working at the CC 90% of the time....... I do tradeshows for a living.

Crime is that bad around there huh? Coming from Baltimore/ DC Metro area, Its gotta be less than around here.
Old 02-08-06, 12:25 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if your office is in Orlando, Sarasota area is way too far away for you. I'll let Orlando locals comment on the crime, but it's way worse than here.
Old 02-08-06, 01:31 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't lie Jeff you saw Adrian's superbowl thread and had to get down there

I would love to live down there ----------------------------------------------------
Old 02-08-06, 01:38 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Exactly, I felt left out........plus I thought they could use another hooked up GS to hang with.
Old 02-08-06, 01:48 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default call me!

(321)303-3651-wringo Let me know when you want to come down and I'll show you the area of Orlando!
Old 02-08-06, 02:01 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Wringo, I'll probably take you up on that shortly. I will be coming down there sometime during the week of the 20th, at least I think I will be. We are busy down there this time of the year, and they are a man short.....so I think I will be helping out down there quite a bit for a month or two.

I appreciate the offer for sure.
Old 02-08-06, 02:21 PM
beauphus
Pole Position

orlando is growing at a crazy rate and actually has some great deals compared to other parts of florida. i am a lender in florida so if you need financing let me know...ill give you or ANYONE on CL a nice hookup on financing...crime is not all that bad and orlando's economy has been steadily picking up steam. i know you can get a pretty nice house for 400k...good luck on the hunt and if it were me I'd never live anywhere but florida.
Old 02-08-06, 02:48 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Wink Do It!

If You Can Make Money There Then I Say Move. This Area Is So Not Worth
The Living Cost. I Live In Old Town Alexandria And It Is Not That Great.
If I Didn't Work For Lexus Then I Would Be Gone! If More $$$ Is Involved
Then Do It.
Old 02-08-06, 03:35 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

J you would love it down here. The OCC is just amazing. That area is to die for with universal and disney right around the corner plus the great resturants. How far are you willing to drive from home to work?
Old 02-08-06, 03:36 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
Don't lie Jeff you saw Adrian's superbowl thread and had to get down there

I would love to live down there ----------------------------------------------------
LOL...we try to have a good time down here and hook up often, you know that if your in the area we could always get the grill going

Quick Reply: Orlando Crew.....give me some insight!!