Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Auto-logged out too fast

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-19, 11:19 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Auto-logged out too fast

I sign in with Google, not sure if that is part of issue, but I get signed out in the time it takes me to read a couple page thread. Realistically it is 15-30 minutes I suppose, but that is crazy insane. I don't have this sort of issue with *anything* apart from perhaps my bank websites.

I looked around for a setting and didn't see one, in here or in google account.

Anyone see this behavior? And if it is related to google account, is there an easy way to switch my login to a non-google account, like creating a regular account and merging the accounts?
Old 06-29-19, 03:10 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NickMayer
I sign in with Google, not sure if that is part of issue, but I get signed out in the time it takes me to read a couple page thread. Realistically it is 15-30 minutes I suppose, but that is crazy insane. I don't have this sort of issue with *anything* apart from perhaps my bank websites.

I looked around for a setting and didn't see one, in here or in google account.

Anyone see this behavior? And if it is related to google account, is there an easy way to switch my login to a non-google account, like creating a regular account and merging the accounts?
I believe sessions is managed on this side but I'll check with the team on Monday.

You actually have a "real" account. So there would be no need to re-register or do a merge account. Simply setting a password on your account will allow the account to function as a typical account without Google.
Old 06-30-19, 09:59 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Originally Posted by IB JT
I believe sessions is managed on this side but I'll check with the team on Monday.

You actually have a "real" account. So there would be no need to re-register or do a merge account. Simply setting a password on your account will allow the account to function as a typical account without Google.
Makes sense, been a long time since I did any forum work on vbulletin...

I'll try setting a password Monday, see if that helps. Anything better would be nice.
Old 06-30-19, 12:03 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NickMayer
Makes sense, been a long time since I did any forum work on vbulletin...

I'll try setting a password Monday, see if that helps. Anything better would be nice.
If you need help, let me know. I can assign you a temporary password and PM/email you since it's going to want a current password - so we may need to assist to get past that.

The session timeout is handled outside of vBulletin and independent of the core setting. A member with a regular account can stay logged in by not having to supply their credentials upon visit, theoretically, for nearly a year if they don't clear their browser's cookies as it's cookie-based by default. Of course the "active" timer is set to something much lower, I believe 1hr on CL, but the login credentials remain active.

I'll discuss the issue with the team on Monday to see if it can be changed for those who use Google to sign as, as you currently do, as I think your issue raises a good point as I don't think getting logged out 15-30 minutes is ideal.

Thanks
Old 07-01-19, 01:47 PM
NickMayer
Advanced

Originally Posted by IB JT
If you need help, let me know. I can assign you a temporary password and PM/email you since it's going to want a current password - so we may need to assist to get past that.

The session timeout is handled outside of vBulletin and independent of the core setting. A member with a regular account can stay logged in by not having to supply their credentials upon visit, theoretically, for nearly a year if they don't clear their browser's cookies as it's cookie-based by default. Of course the "active" timer is set to something much lower, I believe 1hr on CL, but the login credentials remain active.

I'll discuss the issue with the team on Monday to see if it can be changed for those who use Google to sign as, as you currently do, as I think your issue raises a good point as I don't think getting logged out 15-30 minutes is ideal.

Thanks
Yea, it seems like having that changed for google users will be of much benefit either way. If I can get around this by setting a password I would love to do that, so would need a temp password I suppose.

But if the team can update that for Google sign ins, that would be much preferable.

Either way let me know, I do like controlling logins via google, but not if it makes the forum harder to use (which it does right now)