Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

CL Site Malware thread (fixed, please let us know if you see issues)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-12, 12:28 PM
Robb M.
Internet Brands

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry everyone, took us a long while to pin this one down. Should be resolved now.
Old 11-08-12, 01:38 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks...Everything was super wide and really stupid. All is normal,
Old 11-08-12, 01:51 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

No more browser warnings here, seems fixed. Nice work guys
Old 11-08-12, 08:07 PM
cl206
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Google reported various Trojan Horses and spyware had infiltrated this web site. It supposedly appeared on 4 or 5 pages that were surveyed. I would guess the site IT guys have cleared up the problem, because the warning is no longer present when I go to this site.

On a separate note, it amazes me, the lengths that some people will take to swindle folks out of their money and screw up their electronics, their credit and their lives I will never understand that

Lou
Thanks I still can't try it yet at home because now I am don't have Internet service so I'm going to have to check again when I'm at work tomorrow
Old 11-08-12, 09:15 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the things I noticed when the issue was happening was the server load times seemed to slow down... to the point where i would go to speedtest site and check my connection speed. Still seems a little slow loading, but I am not getting any warnings.
Old 11-08-12, 10:41 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robb M.
Sorry everyone, took us a long while to pin this one down. Should be resolved now.
Can we get some clarity on this please, as forum members? Was this an attempt from someone to modify the site code, or was this from a malicious ad URL?
Old 11-10-12, 03:34 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

Ever since this problem started, after repeating a system restore which seemed to fix the issues with my computer... Suddenly my computer will completely freeze and I have to force shut it down when it boots back up it's just frozen then I have to start it up in safe mode, do a system restore to get it back to normal again. I'm currently using my phone is anybody else still experiencing any problems?
Old 11-10-12, 03:40 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peyman
Ever since this problem started, after repeating a system restore which seemed to fix the issues with my computer... Suddenly my computer will completely freeze and I have to force shut it down when it boots back up it's just frozen then I have to start it up in safe mode, do a system restore to get it back to normal again. I'm currently using my phone is anybody else still experiencing any problems?
Alot of malware embeds itself in the System Restore files. General rule of thumb when you get malware is to turn system restore off, then back on to flush any restore files you have. If you use restore, generally you will restore the malware with it.
Old 11-10-12, 05:19 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

When the site was giving that bad script I was getting it happen on all three of my computers. Then when moderartors said it was fixed I was getting very long sized screens and a bunch of code that was all jumbled letters Then when it was annonced that all was fixed . All my machines were back to normal and have been working fine since.

Good luck
Old 11-11-12, 06:48 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Can we get some clarity on this please, as forum members? Was this an attempt from someone to modify the site code, or was this from a malicious ad URL?
I would like to know the answer to this as well. Since this has happened to me twice on this forum, I think the members have a right to know how this malware was able to get to its members.

Since this has affected me twice here, I'm not confident it won't happen again, therefore I will only visit with my phone. However even that has been acting weird because after I leave this site
I will get a pop up about tapatalk. I can understand getting it when I first visit but once I'm gone it has started to pop up for no reason even after I exited this website. Which is weird. I'm going to try and clear cookies on my phone and see if that helps.
Old 11-11-12, 08:07 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I will get a pop up about tapatalk. I can understand getting it when I first visit but once I'm gone it has started to pop up for no reason even after I exited this website. Which is weird. I'm going to try and clear cookies on my phone and see if that helps.
Please post if you don't. We do not use tapatalk so I'm surprised to hear you mention that. Are you sure it isn't this pop up an advertiser is sneaking in (soon to be blocked)?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...site-mode.html
Old 11-15-12, 07:34 PM
SCSlug
Driver School Candidate

The issues are back. Im getting bombed with trojans. I know its stemming from this site. Im having to run a full scan after every session off this page. Something always comes up. Beware.
Old 11-15-12, 09:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Anybody else seeing issues?
Old 11-15-12, 09:52 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Seems clear on my end, no warnings on my regular laptop, no warnings on my Windows 7 machine, and no warnings on a fresh OSX install on another desktop.
Old 11-16-12, 07:26 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Anybody else seeing issues?
I am not seeing anything Malware wise, but the page loads seem to be excessive timewise like they were before sometimes.