Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Auto Design!! LED/HID Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-11, 12:36 PM
Mike450h
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Design!! LED/HID Bulbs

Just FYI,

A few weeks ago I reached out to a company that advertises on this site LED/HID lights, The company name is AUTO DESIGN.

I made contact with Peter....he pm'd me and I placed an order...a few days later I received my order and went to my mechanic whom I have known for many years.....to install all of my new LED/HID bulbs....Upon inspection before we even removed one of the HID 8000 K bulbs...we noticed that it was broken.

I contacted Peter from Auto Design...again I pm'd him off of this site...First he told me that we broke it ourselves while installing, I informed him that in fact the bulb was never taken out of the box!!

He than instructed me to send the bulb back to him....At my expense! and he would replace it...ok cool....

A few days later I get a bulb back, and its the exact same broken bulb that I shipped to him to replace!! Only this time because he did not pack it right, the bulb was in a thousand pieces...At this point I am angry.. not only because of the defective bulb but because this guy has 0 customer service skills....I picked up the phone and called the company that was on the shipping label...JLC Lighting.....Turns out Peter is a middle man.

JLC informed me that they would send me a new bulb right away....that was yesterday...stay tuned..

In the mean time BEWARE OF AUTO DESIGN....and the middle man....go straight to the real company to avoid this aggravation!!

Mike450h

Last edited by Mike450h; 11-20-11 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-20-11, 03:17 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Ouch, sorry to hear about the hassle.
Old 11-20-11, 03:34 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dang that sux, i thought only ebay hid seller hv 0 customer service. Hope everything getting solved!
Old 11-20-11, 05:27 PM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

Yes Im the person who is managing the internet/forums for JLC at discounted price.
I receive the order from CL members then I process it to JLC to have them ship out the package.
The address that you received the bulbs from or returned to is to JLC and not to me.
Im here helping CL members to get better price from JLC products not to scan everyone.
but if you want to "go straight to the real company to avoid this aggravation" go ahead, it will be the same thing except you are paying more for the retail price. Its your choice.

You can check all my posts on the forum, Im here everyday, all day long even weekend to reply all the PM for the members even 3 in the morning. I never reply any PM later than 24hrs except the date when we (JLC) are moving to the new warehouse (start from Nov 1st to Nov 15th). Now if youre saying Im the guy with "0 customer service " then I really have nothing else to say.

Peter

Last edited by BAUSauto; 11-20-11 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-20-11, 06:54 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard to figure out who to side with, if either on this one, as there isn't enough to chew on. It doesn't sound like the original poster is upset about the communication, it sounds like he is upset with receiving a broken product and then having to pay to have it replaced. Unless it is a written policy of the seller is return at your own expense, I too think that is poor customer service. If I receive something broken and I didn't do anything but open the box, I would expect a new shipment and not have to pay a cent. It would be up to the seller to find out if it was packaged wrong, or a problem with shipping. That would be great customer service!

Last edited by moose66; 11-20-11 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added text.
Old 11-20-11, 07:02 PM
JH48
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Peter I PM'ed you for a while but no respond back
Old 11-20-11, 11:25 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

I always had a weird feeling about AutoDesign and JLC lighting. I enquired on several occasions about their products but they would not respond to my PMs. Their products say "made in JAPAN" but I wonder how true that is. They look identical to Ebay LED products, with fancy packaging and a name tag. As such, they charge people much more for typical LEDs that should of cost way less. I am pretty sure most of their products are from China, unless they are able to prove that their products are made in Japan. Unlike Garax, PIAA, Philips, I don't really see how JLC can point to more information as to the origin of their products. I know MTEC is made in Taiwan and they are very transparent about that, since they have strict quality control measures and care about suppliers who provide raw materials to them or even manufacture it for them.

I think they need to work on improving customer service and transparency about the products they sell, as I've had no issues with other vendors like RavSpec, CircuitMS, TeamSNS, etc
They all stand behind their products and will do anything they can to ensure a smooth transaction with customers, at least from my experience and from what others have said.
Old 11-20-11, 11:34 PM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by moose66
Hard to figure out who to side with, if either on this one, as there isn't enough to chew on. It doesn't sound like the original poster is upset about the communication, it sounds like he is upset with receiving a broken product and then having to pay to have it replaced. Unless it is a written policy of the seller is return at your own expense, I too think that is poor customer service. If I receive something broken and I didn't do anything but open the box, I would expect a new shipment and not have to pay a cent. It would be up to the seller to find out if it was packaged wrong, or a problem with shipping. That would be great customer service!
Good point! so all you have to do is to PM me or call me / JLC and tell me that the product you receive is broken then we will send you a new one. We have the product insure all the time because it will get lost or broken sometimes. We wont just tell you "too bad you have to get another one we cant do anything about that" The customer got mad is because he received the bulbs with one thats damaged at the first time and now after he received the replacement bulb its broken again. Well we are sorry of what happened but its not something that we can control. you guys all know how post office/fedex handle our packages. We pack our package good. I mean we have been doing this for 3 years and we sent out 500+ package every month, You think we would like so save $1 on shipping material then end up losing $25 for a replacement bulbs? It wont makes any sense.
Old 11-20-11, 11:46 PM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JH48
Peter I PM'ed you for a while but no respond back
Was It between Nov 1st to Nov 15th? If so, please PM me again because I might missed it. I got avg of 10+ PM per day so.... anyways PM me again please. thanks.

Originally Posted by KI_GSE21
I always had a weird feeling about AutoDesign and JLC lighting. I enquired on several occasions about their products but they would not respond to my PMs. Their products say "made in JAPAN" but I wonder how true that is. They look identical to Ebay LED products, with fancy packaging and a name tag. As such, they charge people much more for typical LEDs that should of cost way less. I am pretty sure most of their products are from China, unless they are able to prove that their products are made in Japan. Unlike Garax, PIAA, Philips, I don't really see how JLC can point to more information as to the origin of their products. I know MTEC is made in Taiwan and they are very transparent about that, since they have strict quality control measures and care about suppliers who provide raw materials to them or even manufacture it for them.

I think they need to work on improving customer service and transparency about the products they sell, as I've had no issues with other vendors like RavSpec, CircuitMS, TeamSNS, etc
They all stand behind their products and will do anything they can to ensure a smooth transaction with customers, at least from my experience and from what others have said.
Everyone has rights to say or choose anything they like. We are not the only vendor here who sell HIDs LEDs, if you dont feel comfortable buying it from us thats not the problem, you can always find other vendors that will satisfy you. Im just doing my best here to do what im supposed to do, replying PM/threads 7 days a week even weekend like right now @ 12am. Well there is always 1 out of 20 ppl that will complaint about the customer service/products no matter how hard you try to satisfy them, that just how business goes
Old 11-21-11, 12:09 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Not to defend him or anything, but I think the point of him being irritated is that he had to pay shipping back to you. That's a big downer on his end, since he received products that were broken.
Old 11-21-11, 12:16 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^
Umm, if it's the USPS/Fedex messed up, they should be the ones covering it assuming it was properly insured.
-----------

JLC's made in Japan. I've seen cheap Ebay ones and some in the local stores which are from China; their construction isn't that great when you look at them up close which a picture does not always reveal.

Last edited by Sango; 11-21-11 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-21-11, 12:37 AM
XxGoKoUxX

I agree, but apparently they didn't settle it with USPS/Fedex/UPS. So all in all he still had to pay for shipping back to them
Old 11-21-11, 08:05 AM
Mike450h
Driver

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Not to defend him or anything, but I think the point of him being irritated is that he had to pay shipping back to you. That's a big downer on his end, since he received products that were broken.
That, and the fact that his first response when told I had received a defective bulb was to blame it on me!!! Here I am over a month after placing the original order....still no bulb!!!
Old 11-23-11, 04:23 PM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

Hello,

Mike, I apologize for your experience with us at JLC. A new replacement bulb will be sent to you and will be refunding your shipping cost. Peter, will no longer be with us here we've received multiple complaints on his customer service. Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Eric. We're apart of a new Auto Group - BAUS auto. In short, it is a partnership between JLCLightings and CARBODYKITS.com.

Quick explanation for the name change. We originally wanted something generic, Auto Design, we found it difficult to achieve high SEO and other search engines with such a generic name so hence the name change.

Starting today I personally will be handling all sales and customer service here and will do my best to go above everyone's standards. So for the time being please excuse our 'mess' as our last forum sales rep have left us a small mess to clean up.

We've recently moved to a new 7,000sq ft location
2115 Troy Avenue
South El Monte, CA 91733

Our hours are Monday - Saturday 10am to 6pm

Our direct line is 626-592-3103 / Info@BAUSauto.com.
Old 11-23-11, 04:30 PM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

Our panels and bulbs are imported from China. Our more higher end electronics such as slim ballasts and error free ballasts are made in Japan. The manufactures are direct to us. Meaning we import containers in from both Japan and China and make trips out there to over see development and QC every few months.

Prototyping, R&D, as well as customization (retro fits, custom panels, etc) are done in house at our facility. We are open to the public and invite everyone to come check it out during our business hours =).

In addition to automotive lighting we also manufacture home/business indoor & out door LED lighting. And through our recent partnership we will now be able to do Fiberglassing, Carbonfiber (wet, vacuum, "dry vacuum", and auto clave), and REAL carbonfiber interior wraps =).

But first of all, please Private Message me or CALL 626-592-3103 if you were not satisfied with your experience with us for ANY reason. Please have your invoice number or your e-mail address ready.

Thanks,

- Eric
626-592-3103