Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

The Borg.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-02, 12:14 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jpa2400... I felt the same way

and had a good laugh too,
and do understand that we all have different background...
showing some tolerance is in fact a way of elevating ourselfs

but you can not threaten someone physically no you can't allow that here.....

I'm with you on that item

yezzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 08-18-02, 01:31 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Think about it. If another member threatened you like that, you'd want him banned...right? The answer is a "hell yes." The mods were doing their job and doing it well.

I got phone calls from someone who was speaking with an Asian accent and they were threatening me because of a comment I made on CL. You all know what it was. But they called me at my home. I listed my cell number, not my home phone number. I told Ethan, opened a thread saying STOP WHOEVER THIS IS.. and that was it. No body did anything else to help me or nothing.

On another note, banning Robb may have been the right thing to do, but it also might have not been the right thing to do. The reason why Robb got so mad was because he was basicly called "trailor trash" which is probably one of the worst things you can be called, esspecialy if you live in one. And second, he never even started speaking ebonics in the thread. He replied to the thread with kind words and how he was in heaven and how he loved the GS and his roman noodels so much. All of a sudden, a MODERATOR starts immitating him, and then a few other people are on his back about speaking in that language. He was provoked and was not going to just stand there.

I spoke to him on the phone for about 15 minutes, and he told me that a lot of people on CL have it for him. He thought that a lot of people think hes stupid and doesnt have any brains, like the time when someone called him a "druggie." He does all of his stuff for humor... its pure humor, and you know what, he makes us all laugh too! IF your one of the people who dont laugh at his jokes or his lines about the feds, than maybe your sense of humor is just too tight.

Your saying if someone threatened you, you would want them kicked out too, right? Well, if someone was making fun of you, and not doing it for the first time, wouldnt you want to scare them so they would stop?

I hope this does not happen again. Both with members harrasing moderators and with moderators harrasing members. Both people are really cool guys. I feel bad for the people who did not get a chance to talk with robb.

His email address is:

Robbsneak@yahoo.com
Old 08-18-02, 01:34 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

If somebody was threatening me, I would tell the mods. I would not make violent threats against them to "scare" them.
Old 08-18-02, 01:35 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
If somebody was threatening me, I would tell the mods. I would not make violent threats against them to "scare" them.

Problem is that Robb thought all the mods (or most of them) were after him.
Old 08-18-02, 02:38 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Toog4me

Well, that's a pretty touchy area and I really don't want to speculate on it. However, I do wonder if there a secret/internal movement to create CL into an exclusive society that only wants certain type of members. The thought of CL turning into a communist-like club (it's been said that CL is no democracy and I can respect that) where obscure humor/postings aren't welcomed and where members have to fear mods kinda scrares me.

Having said that, I will say that there is no evidence to support my rambling and I have no problem with the rules, regulations, management, and mods of CL. I think they're doing a great job, erring on the side of caution at worst.
Old 08-18-02, 11:05 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

You knew i had to say something .... so here im saying it now..

what happend to Robb ... eventully will happen to all of us.. (that is if we dont follow what the Mod's say.... :eek: )

Im sure if things like this keep happening, Cl is gonna be nothing more then Site with a buncha people hating each other...

moderators should be nice and helpfull rather then being sarcastic and going around telling people off, embarassing them and bring them to a POINT where they have to THREAT some one.....

Theres so much insult a person can take....

im not here to say that moderators suk.... nor am i saying that we should just go around threatning people.. all im saying is that on the next round .... Ethan should select moderators that are more friendly and not as Egoistic and rather helpfull then just being an *** to people who arent like them... or even people who dont think the way they do... or be harsh to people who dont agree with the same ideas as theirs.

now if you think what i said offends you in anyway.... please feel free to Pm me...

Last edited by CamRen; 08-18-02 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-19-02, 01:45 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The truth is, moderators are already being very generous about members who are disturbing ClubLexus and are doing no good. I can name 5~6 people right off my head that qualified to be banned right away if the moderators decide to go strict on enforcing the rules.

Originally posted by CamRen

what happend to Robb ... eventully will happen to all of us.. (that is if we dont follow what the Mod's say.... :eek: )
YES that is true. Moderators are there to enforce rules and keep ClubLexus clean and beneficial to everyone. If you threaten like Robb, you will get punished. Same with everyone. Same with moderators. If moderators threat other members with physical violence, they will be punished also.

There has been many "small circles" inside ClubLexus, where members gather into small groups, all looking out for each other. That is a good thing. But if you don't cause any trouble and don't threaten people and don't create any enemies, there won't be a need for these alliances. In the end some people start bashing on the established rules without even understanding the cituation, all because they just stick up for their buddies.

moderators should be nice and helpfull rather then being sarcastic and going around telling people off, embarassing them and bring them to a POINT where they have to THREAT some one.....

Theres so much insult a person can take....

im not here to say that moderators suk.... nor am i saying that we should just go around threatning people.. all im saying is that on the next round .... Ethan should select moderators that are more friendly and not as Egoistic and rather helpfull then just being an *** to people who arent like them... or even people who dont think the way they do... or be harsh to people who dont agree with the same ideas as theirs.
Every moderator is there to keep ClubLexus clean and watch out for potential problematic members. Ethan selected established members on the board who are knowledgable, helpful, and problem-free. I've noticed that all the hate towards moderators started AFTER those selected few are named moderators. I guess some people just don't like how the system works.

Are moderators always right? Most of the time yes. Not because there's nothing you can do about the mods you hate, but simply because the moderators are carefully chosen, and often have higher mentality than people who try to start skirmesh and problems.

One thing leads to another. It takes alot for a moderator to really have problems with someone. It takes even more for EVERY moderator to agree on actions taken to punish a problematic person.

I got phone calls from someone who was speaking with an Asian accent and they were threatening me because of a comment I made on CL. You all know what it was. But they called me at my home. I listed my cell number, not my home phone number. I told Ethan, opened a thread saying STOP WHOEVER THIS IS.. and that was it. No body did anything else to help me or nothing.

So what else do you expect ClubLexus to do for you?
Old 08-19-02, 03:23 AM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Originally posted by genearch
I couldn't agree more.

Let's elevate CL a bit.. this talk is terrible as well as the trailer trash tattoo thread...
genearch openly bashed Robb in MANY threads, not just this one, then genearch closes my thread cause I wanna talk about it with my fellow CL members.I dont care what you say genearch brought this on himself, he could have very well gone about expressing his feelings about Robb w/o the crude remarks.But oh well he got what he wanted he knew he could get one last threat out of Robb if he said the right remark to **** him off enough.

Last edited by GSTRANCE; 08-19-02 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-19-02, 11:35 AM
dt21823
Driver

Provoked or not after reading Robb's posts it's clear to me he stepped over the line. I'm pretty sure he had been warned about these types of comments in the past, and therefore he got banned according to the Club Lexus membership rules.

Still I think there's a lot to be learned from this. Moderators who hand out put downs to members aren't really bringing class to CL any more than the activities they're criticizing. If the goal is to elevate CL, then take the high road when you explain that certain comments or subjects are not appropriate. Same with dealing with newbie questions or those who haven't mastered the search page (within reason of course).

Ultimately it is for Ethan to decide how he wants the moderators to act. To me their role is similar to management. As a manager you don't discuss your frustrations with an employee with anyone outside of the management team, and you certainly don't discuss those frustrations in front of everybody. You have to lead by example. Sometimes that requires keeping personal opinions to yourself or censoring your comments.

Ray
Old 08-19-02, 01:26 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
The truth is, moderators are already being very generous about members who are disturbing ClubLexus and are doing no good. I can name 5~6 people right off my head that qualified to be banned right away if the moderators decide to go strict on enforcing the rules.

YES that is true. Moderators are there to enforce rules and keep ClubLexus clean and beneficial to everyone. If you threaten like Robb, you will get punished. Same with everyone. Same with moderators. If moderators threat other members with physical violence, they will be punished also.

There has been many "small circles" inside ClubLexus, where members gather into small groups, all looking out for each other. That is a good thing. But if you don't cause any trouble and don't threaten people and don't create any enemies, there won't be a need for these alliances. In the end some people start bashing on the established rules without even understanding the cituation, all because they just stick up for their buddies.

Every moderator is there to keep ClubLexus clean and watch out for potential problematic members. Ethan selected established members on the board who are knowledgable, helpful, and problem-free. I've noticed that all the hate towards moderators started AFTER those selected few are named moderators. I guess some people just don't like how the system works.

Are moderators always right? Most of the time yes. Not because there's nothing you can do about the mods you hate, but simply because the moderators are carefully chosen, and often have higher mentality than people who try to start skirmesh and problems.

One thing leads to another. It takes alot for a moderator to really have problems with someone. It takes even more for EVERY moderator to agree on actions taken to punish a problematic person.

So what else do you expect ClubLexus to do for you?
its a tough life livin here on clublex....

gotta watch your back!!!

lets all just be a happy familly OK!?!?!?!?!
Old 08-19-02, 07:36 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LexusRules

its a tough life livin here on clublex....

gotta watch your back!!!

lets all just be a happy familly OK!?!?!?!?!
i doubt thats ever gonna happen..

where there R diff. personalities.... there R diff. opnions.. and when that happens.. there is always a problem.

Mod's are always right? so if a mod decides to hate a certian type of people/ a selected few, they are gladly encouraged to do so?.... and we cant do anything about the mods we hate.. there R a certain mods out there.. that just act like an *** because its like their new hobbie to pick on people. you just a MOD on CL.. stop acting like a god... because im sure most of you mod's arent anything outside of CL ... and if you are... i give you major props.. and hope you treat people like you wanna be treated.

*also... are you saying every one on CL except moderators are stupid? and cant tell right from wrong and start problems? whats next.. Moderators are now gonna have us change our personality just because they dont like it...

Man ... Where is Ethan...
Old 08-19-02, 08:04 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres no point arguing guys... everything can be argued over.. seriously... the one thing that shoudl be fact EVERYONE DIES.. can be argued over some how by SOMEONE... lets all find a happy place where we dont argue

the fact is CL is always aguing and ahving problems... look at supra forums or RX7 forums... all they do is talk about crazy technical stuff thats awsome and there is so much knowledge on there. .. i would love for that to be here... CL is better in the sence that its more private and better personalities and people are nicer but.... supra forums some guy flames some guy just ignore that and read the technical stuff!!! so less aguing.. more ripping apart your GS / IS/ SC / LS / RX and finding out new stuff!!!

GO GO GO! .

EDIT: i mean arguing over small things.. i think good debate is the key to forums... it gives you hte pros and cons and different perspectives of each mod or thing you could do to your car... but i dont see the point in arguing with what has been laid down since clublexus was made... its the only way to keep CL an elite forum of high class indivduals

Last edited by LexusRules; 08-19-02 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-19-02, 08:07 PM
RacingAristo

Look, every forum has its own rules. I saw some member got banned because he broke up with the sister of the webmaster (not Club Lexus). Of course, that was a more ridiculous case. If the MOD consider your word/behavior is out of line, usually you get a warning before some serious punishment. No one is perfect, including MOD. Some may have prejudice against certain people/behavior. That is normal. But since MOD are appointed by the site owner, the power to shape/control the web is given to them. If you don't like the rule, the MOD, or the crowd, feel free to leave. Nobody askes you to be here. You come here at your own will.

Now the "internet is about the free speech". At this point, I agree with bit. You are free to say anything on your website, not on some others'. The web owner gives you the privilege to express your opinion. However, when he feels like it's not appropreiate or for whatever reason, the web owner can take away the privilege without further explanation. Afterall, it is web owner's site.

There are thousands of members in CL. We all came from different background. White, black, yellow, brown, rich, poor, east coast, west coast. Why would several people pick on you specifically or pay more attention? It must be something you said, or sometimes you did. I will list an example, NBA star Dennis Rodman. Everyone should be familiar with him if you know basketball and no further reasons.

Old 08-20-02, 12:40 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

i didnt say ALL mod's... i said Some..... i wouldnt just say things about people i havent really talked to.... that would be kinda wrong.

again im not here to FIGHT with any one... im just stating my opinion.....
Old 08-20-02, 02:24 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mod's are always right? so if a mod decides to hate a certian type of people/ a selected few, they are gladly encouraged to do so?.... and we cant do anything about the mods we hate.. there R a certain mods out there.. that just act like an *** because its like their new hobbie to pick on people. you just a MOD on CL.. stop acting like a god... because im sure most of you mod's arent anything outside of CL ... and if you are... i give you major props.. and hope you treat people like you wanna be treated.

*also... are you saying every one on CL except moderators are stupid? and cant tell right from wrong and start problems? whats next.. Moderators are now gonna have us change our personality just because they dont like it...

Man ... Where is Ethan...
If you actually read my post I said most of the time not always. Why are you making up stupid cases to try to make me look like the bad cop here? Did I say I'm giving MODs the OK sign to go and hate people?

Don't talk like you are the tragic hero in this situation. There are FAR MORE members out there who like to pick on people compared to MODs. And what do you mean most MODs aren't anything outside CL? Are you calling us all idiots and retards? Speak up.

And you better wish Ethan isn't coming to read. Trying to place yourself in what looks like a weak position just makes you lose more ground when trying to bring up a valid argument. Where did I call everyone on CL stupid? Please show some evidence.

Quick Reply: The Borg.........