Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

d2 autosports complaint

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-10, 07:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

vossen itself it more like a distributor, from my understanding they don't directly deal with customers, especially if you talk to people like jav (who is more into wholesale, etc...). moreover, a lot of times resellers are able to offer the wheels at discounted price (common practice), whereas if you get it from manufacturer, it will be msrp, otherwise it's unfair to reseller (i don't know if that's the case with vossen of course)
Old 12-12-10, 08:13 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little disappointed that this got moved/hidden into "Site Complaints" section. This doesn't seem to me like a complaint about Club Lexus, but rather a particular vendor. This move seems a little shady to me which is surprising, because this is a great forum. I could be wrong about the purpose of the site complaints section but this seems like an effort to take this complaint out of the mainstream's purview.
Old 12-12-10, 08:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
I'm a little disappointed that this got moved/hidden into "Site Complaints" section. This doesn't seem to me like a complaint about Club Lexus, but rather a particular vendor. This move seems a little shady to me which is surprising, because this is a great forum. I could be wrong about the purpose of the site complaints section but this seems like an effort to take this complaint out of the mainstream's purview.
Nothing shady.... If it was 'hidden' you could not see it, right?

This forum is where we move any vendor complaint thread when the moderator team sees them... this thread does not belong in the model-specific 3GS forums because the topic isn't a question or discussion about a specific Lexus vehicle.

We move them here and alert the vendor about the post so they can review and take any appropriate followup actions or tell their side of the story. It also helps keeps the focus of the thread on resolving the issue on the member's behalf and not adding speculative or inflammatory / non-value-added images (e.g. Homer above) & comments.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-12-10 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-12-10, 09:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am sorry to hear this. I know when you order wheels it something you really look forward to getting. So when stuff like this happens its maddening
Old 12-12-10, 10:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2's answer

Hey Mike sorry for your frustration about something that is seemingly a very small issue for us to fix. The thing is as a company, D2Autosport and Vossen carry a great reputation for customer service. That being said no one is without fault, you ordered the wheels with an abnormal offset that is generally used for your car and we sent you the normal offset used for your GS. Once notified of our folly we offered you to swap out your two front wheels for the specific offset you originally ordered at no cost, you declined and chose to use a spacer instead. You were later explained to the spacer you would need would be a universal spacer which would cause your wheel to vibrate. The second issue was if we ran a spacer with a 13mm thickness you could have an issue with stud length and not being enough turns to secure the wheel properly.
This would create a safety issue that we are not comfortable with as a solution.

So at this time we do not have an exact answer for you but we have not forgotten you and we are still working on suitable options. Please bare with us as we try to still come up with a solution considering that swapping out the front wheels are no longer an option due to the amount of time they have been on the car without an issue.

For the rest of the Clublexus community we would like to be totally clear on the situation. Mike ordered a set of wheels from us, two of the wheels ordered were sent with a 6mm higher offset. He has chosen to use these wheels instead of having us swap the two wheels for the correct offset free of charge. From the time the order was processed to the time the wheels arrived at the door was within 10 business days, so in terms of the shipping or a tracking number I can't really see any issue there. Our customer service remains untarnished because for every customer we do the right thing. If you order a product, you recieve the product, if there is an issue with the product you order we work with you and the manufacturer until that issue is resolved. Buy from D2 with confidence .

Thanks to everyone who has done business with us and have waited to hear our side of the story. That old saying still remains very true: "Bad news travels fast. Good news takes the scenic route".

-Stefan

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 12-12-10 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-12-10, 10:44 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by passnu2
sorry to hear. sounds like the terrible service I got from Rotora and my car sat for 3 months in my garage and they didnt care one bit. amazing to see bad service like that in today's market.
Sorry to hear that although your situation is a little different considering the wheels have been on his car for quite some time.

Originally Posted by batman75
Why didn't you buy directly from Vossen? Vossen has been consistently present on this forum, being proactive about customer service issues, helping their customers. There is no way I would buy from D2 autosports. I would buy direct from Vossen.

I don't think it is reasonable to expect Jav to work with you when he's paying margin to D2 to deal with customer service.
That's the thing Batman, Vossen is the manufaturer and they do not sell to the public. We are a trusted Vossen dealer and one of the biggest online, so our customers and companies like Vossen continue to support us and we support them. I'm sorry we will not have the opportunity to earn your business for reasons I don't fully understand why, I'm sure we could possibly change your mind in the future.
Old 12-12-10, 10:49 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jre002
Hey Jre I don't think it's a shady thing, it's just site rules. We too miss many sale opportunities due to site rules such as us not being able to post new products in other sections other then the Vendor section. Even with all the site rules CL remains to be a great forum.
Old 12-13-10, 03:27 AM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so this problem that i have.. its never gonna be fixed even if ichiba makes one and some other cheap ebay brands make one like the one listed. here ill link you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUBCE...Q5fAccessories

so if there are other options like the ones above. Am i just gonna have to wait even if it takes a year for you to find one that works for me? i dont want to email i dont want to make anymore calls. my email never get replies and my phone calls are never returned.

tracking numbers to anything took how many calls? and then lug nuts took how many calls and how many times you telling me i should be receiving them soon? and then waitin 2 months before i get a refund on the lug nuts?

look over all im very disappointed and been waiting very so patiently for everything to be sittin the same way i did since day one about calling for tracking numbers for the wheels. Im through calling for the spacers, and seeking for help. i never took my anger out on you in any negative way but man its been to long for me to sit here and wait any longer for a fix to the problem when my self as a buyer can locate to fix for the issue.
Old 12-13-10, 03:32 AM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

and i maybe should of have just taken the route of returning the wheels but car being out of commission which is not your problem, but with a car im really stuck. and i couldnt afford more time with the car being the way it was. so i couldnt wait a 10+ days of waiting. I just thought a spacer would be the best choice to save everyone time and money by sending me a 60-75 dollar no name good quality spacer.
Old 12-13-10, 05:17 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toekneeXD
and i maybe should of have just taken the route of returning the wheels but car being out of commission which is not your problem, but with a car im really stuck. and i couldnt afford more time with the car being the way it was. so i couldnt wait a 10+ days of waiting. I just thought a spacer would be the best choice to save everyone time and money by sending me a 60-75 dollar no name good quality spacer.
Did you ask them if they could send you the new wheel before you ship back the old one?

They seem to be pretty reasonable in offering to give you a swap-out at no cost. They may have done that.

Using spacers is a terrible idea imo.
Old 12-13-10, 05:22 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I'm sorry we will not have the opportunity to earn your business for reasons I don't fully understand why, I'm sure we could possibly change your mind in the future.
It's just that my perception is that people run into issues more frequently with these third party vendor transactions, than say if they bought Lexus F-Sport wheels from Sewell Parts. So I would rather buy 19s from F-Sport than 20 Vossens from an independent distributor.

At the end of the day I bought a Lexus because of low hassle and high reliability. If I wanted less I would have stuck with BMW. These aftermarket parts in my opinion lower the no hassle high reliability rating.

I'm not pointing at you, but, in general we have had people with wheel vibrations, spacer problems, paint peeling of $6000 wheel sets, etc. And the warranty claims process is never as simple as driving into a local dealership and them swapping out the part.
Old 12-13-10, 05:33 AM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

no offer was offered about shipping me wheels ahead of time. it was just basically returning the wheels to d2 then they ship me wheels from vossen when they send it to vossen as a trade i guess?
Old 12-13-10, 07:15 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

no offer was offered about shipping me wheels ahead of time. it was just basically returning the wheels to d2 then they ship me wheels from vossen when they send it to vossen as a trade i guess?
I understand that was the offer, but normally if you explain that you can't have your car down for a few weeks because you need to go to work, they might re-sequence the shipping.
Old 12-13-10, 07:24 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

so this problem that i have.. its never gonna be fixed even if ichiba makes one and some other cheap ebay brands make one like the one listed. here ill link you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUBCE...Q5fAccessories

so if there are other options like the ones above. Am i just gonna have to wait even if it takes a year for you to find one that works for me? i dont want to email i dont want to make anymore calls. my email never get replies and my phone calls are never returned.

tracking numbers to anything took how many calls? and then lug nuts took how many calls and how many times you telling me i should be receiving them soon? and then waitin 2 months before i get a refund on the lug nuts?

look over all im very disappointed and been waiting very so patiently for everything to be sittin the same way i did since day one about calling for tracking numbers for the wheels. Im through calling for the spacers, and seeking for help. i never took my anger out on you in any negative way but man its been to long for me to sit here and wait any longer for a fix to the problem when my self as a buyer can locate to fix for the issue.
The first ebay link is to a spacer that will cause your wheel to vibrate due to there being no hub for the wheel to center on, so that's a no go. As for the second option you posted, I'm sorry Mike but an adapter is unacceptable and we will not supply you that. If you are willing to take the risk of something like that it will be on your on terms. I am willing to give you a credit of $130.00 and if you choose to use this credit and purchase an adapter kit with it that will be totally your choice and not the responsibility of D2AUTOSPORT or Vossen wheels.

Would you be satisfied with that as a resolution? If so, we can credit the card that you purchased the wheels with and it will be our agreement that this issue is officially resolved.

-Stefan

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 12-13-10 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-13-10, 10:57 AM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

yes please. ill take full responsibilities from there on after the refund of 130.00.