Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Classifieds Bumping

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-10, 10:36 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Classifieds Bumping

The way the "bump system" works is kind of ridiculous

The way you guys limit bumps is reasonable... somewhat reasonable.

But how can a seller control how many people post in his or her for sale thread? A hot item that will sell in under a week might not because of the high traffic the thread will attract which will lead to it being closed in a matter of days. I understand of the seller decides to bump it every hour but if other people post in the thread leading it to get closed that's just not fair.

If other members post besides the OP counts as bumps Club Lexus should only let ONLY the seller post therefore he can control how many bumps his/her thread has. So pretty much the more interest the item has in the CL community the faster the thread will be shut down.

Examples.

This thread closed in 2 days.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...tep-lip-3.html

-Robs partout
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...-part-out.html

-Not locked but look how much attention I worked up in a day.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...ion-kit-2.html

Club Lexus is probably the only place 2IS members and I'm sure others can easily sell their parts and have a wide audience of customers to view their items.
Old 06-11-10, 11:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Sorry you don't like the implementation of the rule, but as you mention it is there to be fair to the other members who are selling items too.

If members are asking specific questions about the item being sold we don't typically count those posts as bumps (sometimes we do for the seller's answer, depending on the timing of the reply).

If other members / friends of the seller are responding to the FS post to say "GLWS" or simply chat, do not mistake those comments as interest in the item for sale. In effect, that is the seller's buddies bumping his FS thread and giving them more visibility than other sellers. That is clearly unfair to the other members selling stuff, maybe even the exact same item at a lower price.

The seller can post up asking the other members to not bump his thread unless they're interested in the item. Or at times (as I did in Rob's thread example you linked above) the moderator will see a lot of chit-chat and post a warning to other members that they should take the comments to PM.

We do have a rule in the classifieds to not chit-chat. The classifieds are for selling items and asking questions about those items. Folks who elect to break that rule are doing their friends a disservice. Your FS thread is a prime example of that.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-11-10 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-15-10, 08:44 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^i like those rules.

people shouldn't be using the classifieds to chat. seller needs to tell others to stop it since it's their buddies that usually chat in them. if they don't their thread gets locked.

but specific questions about the item helps prevent seller from getting bombed with PMs asking the same questions.