Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-12, 08:38 AM
Peitho75
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 714is
PayPal. Literally just yesterday the claim I had closed and Paypal decided in my favor...they say in a few business days ill get my $ back.
Same here. I filed my paypal dispute five days ago and am waiting for them to resolve it. $440 for control arm bushing kit, steering rack bushing kit, LBJ and inner/outer TREs, plus shipping.

It's great to be getting the money back, but now what? I guess I should get the caster arm bushing and TREs/LBJs from Sewell, but I was looking forward to doing all the bushings in the front end. I have a loud clunk in the front when I go over bumps, and was just gonna do the non-surgical carpet-bombing approach of "just replace everything." I even bought a hydraulic press and everything....

What sucks about it is that I do understand that things are backordered sometimes. If TME had simply responded to one of my numerous emails or phone calls and told me that they were backordered and it would take a while, I would have been fine with it. Really, I could understand that. I wouldn't mind waiting as long as there was communication from them. But when someone takes over $400 of my money and won't even pick up the damn phone or answer an email for weeks on end, that's a whole other story.

It's just one of those situations where a simple email to the customer explaining what's going on would have gone a really long way.

Last edited by Peitho75; 12-05-12 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-10-13, 07:29 PM
Qu0Cie
Driver

Default TM Engineering

Does anyone in Cali know if this business is still even alive. I ordered some Daizen steering rack bushing from them about a week and a half ago. I have been e-mailing them to see when i will be receiving them, but I am not getting any response. If anyone could help me I would appreciate that.
Old 01-11-13, 02:53 PM
ttsukamoto
Rookie

I ordered a set of Daizen steering rack bushings from them about a month ago. I received an email from them the next day asking me if I wanted lubricating grease, but never received my bushings. All this time my car is on stands. Tried to email them...nothing. I filed a dispute with paypal and got my money back.
Old 02-05-13, 09:23 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on you guys. Stop ordering from this company. How in the hell this company even manages to stay in business is beyond me.
Old 03-11-13, 01:15 PM
JustaBowla
Driver School Candidate

Paypal did us all a favor, I just tried to order and Paypal wouldn't even let me get to the log in page to ok the purchase. Said something about this seller not being able to receive money. So I believe paypal must have shut them down. Now just need to find some bushings somewhere else.
Old 03-11-13, 01:20 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I tried to contact Sewell a few weeks ago and they said Daizen is out of business so maybe that is what did tm eng in too.
Old 08-10-13, 11:18 PM
Lexicious
Driver

Default Beware Tm Engineering rips you off

Ok so I bought a complete poly bushing set on August 1st paid $23 for ups shipping and still haven't received package. Wtf, ok so on the 1st I got a email showing my purchase receipt and shipping address. I contacted/emailed a couple times and last week on 8th they said they just processed my order...really one week. Anyone else have issues with them. I was trying to have car all done this weekend. When I contacted them last they just asked if I wanted a refund. I said no and wanted overnight to me....no response. Go else where.
Old 02-22-17, 12:48 PM
RVAGGPGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered from TM last week, recieved my order 5 days later. I'm on the east coast and only paid for regular shipping. There communication was great and I will post about the fitment and quality when I perform the install in a couple of weeks. Don't believe the crap you read on here, whatever was going on 3 to 8 years ago does not apply to their current business practices.
The following users liked this post:
RamAirRckt (02-22-17)