Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why so many vendor threads in Model forums?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-09, 10:40 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Why so many vendor threads in Model forums?

I was just wondering since I've been seeing a lot of random/mildly related vendor threads plugging group buys or sales on suspension/wheels/etc.. in model specific forums. i thought there was a policy against this? Is there a policy shift in the works for the Venders?

wasnt sure who to direct this to, Dave or one of the IB admins, hence i'm posting a thread instead of just PMing someone.

Thanks!
Old 07-04-09, 10:33 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

agreed, there's a nitto tire sticky in the 3GS forum. i mean, shouldn't that be posted in the tire/wheel forum or vendor forum? and what does a nitto tire sticky have anything to do with the 3GS?

if it was a comparison of a nitto tire against the competition, and the vehicle used was a GS, then yeah i can sorta see the reason for having the post in the 3GS forum. but it isn't. so i dunno?
Old 07-05-09, 12:46 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

the nitto post i think is a revolving sticky, i'm more at issue with the Vossen catalogs posted in almost every model forum.
Old 07-05-09, 11:31 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

We do pccasionally allow a few of them when they're model-specific and informational, but the moderator team generally moves or remove them if they haven't been pre-approved and are generic promotional posts.

During the holday weekend we've been fairly lightly staffed with many moderators out (myself included). I'll take a look when I get back home tonight.
Old 07-05-09, 12:30 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

ohh, alright, thanks for the clarification Dave.

Drive safe