Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why the GO ADVANCED requirement for smiles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-06, 07:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Why the GO ADVANCED requirement for smiles?

Why do we have to " Go Advanced " now to attach smile icons to posts and replies? This was never a requirement before...the smile board just popped up automatically when you posted or replied. Is this a feature of the new CL software?

I also note that on the new PM system, you don't seem to have the option anymore, like with the old system, of checking a " receipt " verification to show when the person you are PM'ing got the message and read it. ( Correct me if I'm wrong ). You have to wait for that person's actual reply to know if he/she received it.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-03-06 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-03-06, 11:25 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the "Go Advanced" requirement? My post/reply screen displays the smilies as they always has.

As for PM, the receipt verification was automatic with the old system. If you scroll down, there is still a checkbox to request the receipt. You just have to do it with each PM.
Old 10-03-06, 12:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I suspect it's because you're using the quick reply feature

instead of the normal post reply or reply with quote e

Quick reply does not offer smileys because it's meant to be a fast text response to a post only... otherwise it would be just like the other reply options
Old 10-04-06, 04:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I suspect it's because you're using the quick reply feature

instead of the normal post reply or reply with quote e

Quick reply does not offer smileys because it's meant to be a fast text response to a post only... otherwise it would be just like the other reply options
Thanks. I notice it may also be my AOL vs. Internet Explorer. The AOL hookup to CL defintely gives me more options than the Explorer one does. Some of the option buttons on the AOL hookup appear blank on the Internet Explorer. That, of course, is not CL's fault.