Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

why is this forum so sloooooooooooooow, I am a member of a lot of forums and......

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-06, 06:11 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as the forum is up and running, i don't mine the lagg
Old 08-31-06, 03:42 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whooo it aint my computer lol yeah i would love to go through the whole forum with quickness so i can sleep early
Old 09-05-06, 10:17 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just about to make a new thread regarding the speed (or lack thereof) of the forum since the update and saw this. How much more resources does this new version use? Is it a bandwidth issue or does it need greater processing power?
Old 09-06-06, 01:24 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramon
Is it a bandwidth issue or does it need greater processing power?
The answer is yes.
Old 09-08-06, 03:20 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
The answer is yes.

"text inserted here to bypass lameness filter"
Old 09-11-06, 09:05 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I think they need to put more ads on the site. I still have 30% of usable screen left for REAL content.
Already beat that horse. People seem to like the new banner on the top that takes up 1/2 of the screen. Which is fine. I guess they come here to look at real estate-wasting banners + brushed aluminum window frames, and advertisements, not some silly message board.

I understand that advertisements are necessary, but the humongloid banners and "eye candy" aren't.
Old 09-11-06, 11:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
Already beat that horse. People seem to like the new banner on the top that takes up 1/2 of the screen. Which is fine. I guess they come here to look at real estate-wasting banners + brushed aluminum window frames, and advertisements, not some silly message board.

I understand that advertisements are necessary, but the humongloid banners and "eye candy" aren't.
ff_

And we also established you made these exact comments many times over and you promised to stop beating that horse

My request to you
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&postcount=106

You saying you would move on:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&postcount=119

Please live up to your word. If you don't like the banners, simply use Firefox and implement the fix to exclude them.

Many of the issues suggestions that have been gathered and are in progress (don't know which changes will make it into the version that gets rolled out). The new server to address performance issues is being tested this week will take priority over any other fixes.