Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Post comments on updated classified forum rules here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-06, 07:53 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks Good work Dave.
Old 03-12-06, 01:41 PM
Steve Mere
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to thank Dave and all those in this club. I stumbled on this site today and can't get off it-other than running down to the garage to perform some of the easier items-like resetting the edu and acetone for the tank (my wife will probably kill me for stealing her stash). I recently purchased a 2002 gs 430 and handed the trusty es300 to my 16 yo daughter. The es is running superbly at 178K with only usual maintainence with Mobil 1 every 4000 and air filer changes, etc. For the gs, I would like to increase its performance- plugs, chip, exhaust etc. I will be a faithful follower on this group and look forward to the advice. Thanks again for taking over my Sunday- the projects will wait till next weekend.
Old 03-12-06, 06:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Mere
I wanted to thank Dave and all those in this club. I stumbled on this site today and can't get off it-other than running down to the garage to perform some of the easier items-like resetting the edu and acetone for the tank (my wife will probably kill me for stealing her stash). I recently purchased a 2002 gs 430 and handed the trusty es300 to my 16 yo daughter. The es is running superbly at 178K with only usual maintainence with Mobil 1 every 4000 and air filer changes, etc. For the gs, I would like to increase its performance- plugs, chip, exhaust etc. I will be a faithful follower on this group and look forward to the advice. Thanks again for taking over my Sunday- the projects will wait till next weekend.
probably not the best place, but i want to welcome you to clublexus i am sure you are going to find tons of stuff here, it's addictive. plus the gs forum is so huge, you are going to learn a lot here.

welcome aboard
Old 03-14-06, 03:12 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
probably not the best place, but i want to welcome you to clublexus i am sure you are going to find tons of stuff here, it's addictive. plus the gs forum is so huge, you are going to learn a lot here.

welcome aboard
Hey, I had dibs on the first welcome!
Old 03-15-06, 06:12 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the new rules. The one I love the most is #14 NO, "testing the waters" or "Possibly selling" type sells. tho #13 is great aswell ,if I had a dollar for everytime I saw dibs
Old 03-16-06, 11:03 AM
ChrisM910
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are great news keep up the good work
Old 03-16-06, 10:38 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default It's pretty thoughtless to leave a vehicle's location out of the thread's title

Looking good, but rule #4) "Please post the location of the vehicle being sold in the title" is too weak, IMO.

For those of us looking for a vehicle, it is very fustrating to open thread after thread, only to discover the car is way too far away to even consider buying it.

What a waste of time! And totally avoidable, if rule #4 was made mandatory.
The vehicle's location must be in the title, or the thread is removed (preferably) or locked. Period.

And I'm not looking to make any moderator do any extra work, if he feels this would be a burden.
I'll be glad to take on the task myself.

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 03-16-06 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-17-06, 05:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA
Looking good, but rule #4) "Please post the location of the vehicle being sold in the title" is too weak, IMO.

For those of us looking for a vehicle, it is very fustrating to open thread after thread, only to discover the car is way too far away to even consider buying it.

What a waste of time! And totally avoidable, if rule #4 was made mandatory.
The vehicle's location must be in the title, or the thread is removed (preferably) or locked. Period.

And I'm not looking to make any moderator do any extra work, if he feels this would be a burden.
I'll be glad to take on the task myself.
Rather than lock them, would you take on the task of updating each of the titles yourself? Over 90% of them would have to be locked if we followed your advice. Not good for our members or a good use of time for moderators.
Old 03-17-06, 07:46 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The reason 90% of them don't currently have the location in the title is because it's not a requirement now.

Watch how quickly that goes down to zero percent once everyone sees their threads deleted if they try to post a car-for-sale thread without a location. And my offer to delete any such threads stand- they'd learn fast.

You're right- it's not a good use of mine or any other's time to edit other threads and that's why I never proposed that. But since you are so concerned about wasting time, how about my original point? Do you know any serious car buyer that enjoys opening thread after thread, just to find out where the car is?

I'm not sure why there is such concern for the convenience of the seller and none for all the eventual readers of the thread.
Old 03-18-06, 03:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Perry,

I'm not going to make it a requirement to moderate the 'form' of the title. It's a strong suggestion in the rules and thats as far as I'm going to take it... not going to over-engineer free form text field entry requirements and then **** everyone off by locking and deleting threads enforcing that rule. If you think newbs can't search, do you think they'll read the classified rules? No.

The onus is on the seller if they are motiviated to sell their vehicle to put the location in.

Don't get me wrong - I very much agree its a great idea for the seller to list the location in the title (why I added the suggestion to the guidelines) - but it'swell beyond what I'm going to commit the moderator team to enforce by inspecting the post title of each and every vehicle posted.

If you decide you want to volunteer to edit the titles of the vehicles let me know.