Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

CA is too big!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-04, 12:36 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CA is too big!

I have a couple of requests...

First, in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=101092 can you please edit the poll to add in "925" area code as an option. It was omitted a while ago and the mods never figured out how to change it.

Second, under locations for member profiles, can you split the "California" option into "N California" and "S California". This would make it MUCH easier for northern California members to organize with each other and southern California member to organize with each other. I think it's logical considering the fact that there is up to 1000 miles of distance between some norcal and socal members, and most other states aren't even 1000 miles long and still get the distinction. RMMGS4 and I have been going nuts sifting through threads trying to place "California" members for meet purposes. Now the dilemma here is that "N California" and "S California" de-alphabetizes California from the rest of the array, so I don't know how the code is written, if you can manually sort, or if it has to be something like "California, N" and "California, S".
Old 02-11-04, 07:04 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts
Default Re: CA is too big!

Originally posted by lex400sc
I have a couple of requests...

First, in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=101092 can you please edit the poll to add in "925" area code as an option. It was omitted a while ago and the mods never figured out how to change it.

Second, under locations for member profiles, can you split the "California" option into "N California" and "S California". This would make it MUCH easier for northern California members to organize with each other and southern California member to organize with each other. I think it's logical considering the fact that there is up to 1000 miles of distance between some norcal and socal members, and most other states aren't even 1000 miles long and still get the distinction. RMMGS4 and I have been going nuts sifting through threads trying to place "California" members for meet purposes. Now the dilemma here is that "N California" and "S California" de-alphabetizes California from the rest of the array, so I don't know how the code is written, if you can manually sort, or if it has to be something like "California, N" and "California, S".
Added 925 to the poll. Noticed you have a post in that thread where you also mention adding 916, 209, etc? Do those also need to be added?

On adding profiles on the states, I want to wait until the next release of VB is rolled out (coming soon) to see if it brings back the ability for members to add their own further location description like we used to have. The fact that "most other states aren't even 1000 miles long and still get the distinction" is because they are two separate states, regardless of size, lol. I assume you mean North Carolina, South Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, etc. As soon as North California becomes its own state I'll add it that day . Seriously - I recognize the need but don't want it to be confusing / hard to find and don't want to walk on possible functionality for the next version.

PM me next weekend, got a couple of ideas on how to help you guys organize.
Old 02-11-04, 10:38 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dave,
how bout "requiring" CA members to indicate NorCal or SoCal in thier profile options?

Atleast then, we could just look up their profile to find out where they are from.

The only other thing is how can we make this retroactive for old members to update their profile?

Please add the other area codes you listed. I think that covers the key areas.

Thanks,
Glen
Old 02-11-04, 02:08 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dave, I understand the issue with N Cal and S Cal dilemma. As long as the location is a drop-down list, I don't see any viable solution myself. It's also a shame for some international members. Oh well, I anxiously await the next version vBulletin!
Old 02-11-04, 02:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally posted by lex400sc
Thanks Dave, I understand the issue with N Cal and S Cal dilemma. As long as the location is a drop-down list, I don't see any viable solution myself. It's also a shame for some international members. Oh well, I anxiously await the next version vBulletin!

Just FYI - for the international folks I've been adding their country as requested. If you see someone who can't find theirs please let me know (or tell them to post here).